Home

Repair the NS Airspeeder

Phildevil

There's a mod I've been thinking about for some time. It's on Nar Shadaa. I'm trying to think ahead: we might eventually get a Genoharadan mod. Also, there are things we might want to keep for after Goto's Yatch mission, such as helping refugee (or pissing-em). In a roleplay POV, we should be able to do so. Now there is one thing that always bothered me on NS. You have this shiny Airspeeder that you can spend some time to repair and then, be able to move from one place to another. And then, just when you finally finish-it, you are kind of forced to do the main NS plot. The problem with this is that when you do, the Airspeeder that you loved and cared for is sabotaged by some douchebag and rendered unusable again. I don't know about you guys, but I'm thinking, hey, if that piece of junk has been repaired once, why not twice? So after the sabotage, I'd like a mod that makes you able to repair the damn airspeeder once again. Anyone up for this???

If you guys think you can do it, I would appreciate-it if the mod was compatible with TSL RCM (last version 1.8.2).

If you can't do-it, please comment on if you think this would be a good idea or how it could be made better!

He heh, you read my thoughts. Though the most important part being that the mod be tackled by somebody and if you (the modder that consider doing-it) won't be bothered by TSL RCM compatibility, maybe just include how you got-it working so others can apply-it to the restored content mod.

I'm still not sure how this mod would be better executed. In order to insure maximum compatibility that-is. Because I can't mod (except for some very light skinning and 2da edits guided by other folks), I am not too sure how it would be better suited.

For example, we could remove the sabotage act altogether, and just fix-it so the Airspeeder is still usable.

Personnally, I'd much rather like if we could "scrounge" some of Bao-Dur lines or another characters (don't know which yet, I'll have to make another playthrough to see what would fit, I guess) and make him "work his magic". Anyone has an idea?

He heh, you read my thoughts. Though the most important part being that the mod be tackled by somebody and if you (the modder that consider doing-it) won't be bothered by TSL RCM compatibility, maybe just include how you got-it working so others can apply-it to the restored content mod.

I'm still not sure how this mod would be better executed. In order to insure maximum compatibility that-is. Because I can't mod (except for some very light skinning and 2da edits guided by other folks), I am not too sure how it would be better suited.

For example, we could remove the sabotage act altogether, and just fix-it so the Airspeeder is still usable.

Personnally, I'd much rather like if we could "scrounge" some of Bao-Dur lines or another characters (don't know which yet, I'll have to make another playthrough to see what would fit, I guess) and make him "work his magic". Anyone has an idea?

You might have a saved game before it's ruined, and one after. Then compare these using KSE:

302NAR_Airspeeder_00

302NAR_Airspeeder_41

302NAR_Airspeeder_42

302NAR_Airspeeder_43

302NAR_Airspeeder_44

302NAR_Airtaxi_Repair

So basically, I could use KSE to modify the globals/numerics (not quite sure which lol, that's usually the part I leave alone not to break the game) in order to make-it still usable. That could work. I'll test-it eventually. Still, it would not hurt to have more meat to back-it up, don't you think?

Not sure I have the right saves and since I'm in a 12 days of work stretch[cursed boss!] (only 5 days remain...), you'll understand I won't take a look at this right away (gimme at least 6 days).

So, what would be good is if you go to the airspeeder, you get the sabotaged message. Then, you could have a script with having Bao-Dur as a condition to trigger-it. Having Bao-Dur and clicking on the Airspeeder (after it was sabotaged) would trigger a dialogue between the exile and Bao. The Exile could say something like "Of course, after all the effort I put into repairing that crate, it won't move. Typical." Then Bao-Dur would answer something like "Let me see what I can do." (I'm pretty sure there is a line like this.). After this small bit of dialogue, the script would revert the boolean 300NAR_Visquis_Call to false. You could maybe get a small bit of XP for Bao-Dur or something, but the main thing is to repair the damn crate....

If you guys think you can do it, I would appreciate-it if the mod was compatible with TSL RCM (last version 1.8.2).

I'd personally be interested in a mod to keep the Nar Shaddaa speeder usable if the quoted portion is a requirement.

^^ agreed

These are some of the lines that Bao said that could be re-used.

"Looks grim, let me try something."

"There, this should work better."(not sure about this one, but it sounds like that).

Though to avoid saying the exact same thing, we could use some other line. Wasn't there a line where he says "Why not? I fix everything else around here."

That would be good too. So, JCcarter, would you be inclined to help me proceed with creating a new "node" and a new "boolean"? Bear in mind that I don't have a clue how this works and have just a slight idea about what a boolean is, so it might be a bit complex for me lol.

I'll just try to find more Bao lines to make this work and a working line for the Exile. And when I'm sure how I want to handle this, I'll get into what the condition should be. I'm not sure I want to tie this up with G0-T0... unless it doesn't involve bringing him to fix the airspeeder.

That would be good too. So, JCcarter, would you be inclined to help me proceed with creating a new "node" and a new "boolean"? Bear in mind that I don't have a clue how this works and have just a slight idea about what a boolean is, so it might be a bit complex for me lol.

Eh... there are plenty of dialogue editing tutorials here... but the boolean is a trickier matter.

And when I'm sure how I want to handle this, I'll get into what the condition should be. I'm not sure I want to tie this up with G0-T0... unless it doesn't involve bringing him to fix the airspeeder.

No, you could simply check if he has joined the party. The reason I suggest that is he joins after the yacht, which means you're done with Nar Shaddaa's plot, so having the speeder now shouldn't break anything. People like to replace G0-T0 in recruitment mods, though, so another boolean would be preferable. But that depends on whether there is one; adding one would just lead to even more compatibility issues. I can only suggest what has been said already... get a save from before Nar Shaddaa is done and one from after and look through the globals and quests in KSE to see what gets changed.

People like to replace G0-T0 in recruitment mods, though, so another boolean would be preferable.

That's what I was thinking too. But then again, doing this with the Restored Content mod is just asking for a crapload of trouble...

Also, I do not exactly seek to edit dialogue, but rather to add and extract. Meh, I'll check if I can see something relevant. Then again, if someone want to see this faster and already has the knowledge... :D

Personally, I'd much rather like if we could "scrounge" some of Bao-Dur lines or another characters (don't know which yet, I'll have to make another playthrough to see what would fit, I guess) and make him "work his magic". Anyone has an idea?

According to the Scorchy play through:

Once you get the speeder parts, you can have Bao-Dur, T3, or Atton to check over your work for a bunch of influence gain.

So hopefully, that information might speed things along.

@ SH;

Also Mira and HK-47 (of course impossible with vanilla, and Mira even with TSLRCM).

Your best bet is to check the on_enter scripts, they modify the speeders from planting them to sabotaging them.

@HH and SH. I checked those and the dialogue scripts. One would have to remove a few SetGlobal functions from the OnEnters, assuming one doesn't want to make a scene about fixing it.

And then you'd be able to use the Airspeeder? If so, I'd love-it if you could tell me what I have to do to make this work!

Just re-checked the dialogue. In the first node, you'll need to remove the script that determines availability. Then click on another entry in the dialogue, then save it and put it in the override folder.

Of course if you simply remove the unavailability of speeders during that section players CAN get themselves stuck using them during that sequence.

I think it's worth the effort making it re-fixed (or re-fixable) post- Goto ship rather than simply removing it's brokeness entirely with all consequences.

Archived