Home

TSLRCM Loot fix base scripts

-TSLRCM Loot fix base scripts-

------------------------------

Note; These files are for TSLRCM 1.8 and higher ONLY.

- Modders resource, if you're not interested in modding KOTOR2, this download is not for you.

Included in this map you will find the following folders;

* Generic Spawnscripts. These are the scripts used for many (but not all) foes you encounter.

* Modules. These are enemy-specific spawnscripts spread over the various modules. It's important if you recompile these you put them back in the respective module, and NOT override, as other modules may use the same name and it can lead to issues. You can also skip them (if you really want all files in override) but then a large portion of enemies will not use your modified script.

All of these are modified from the vanilla TSL version, as those had the faulty version of the lootscript inside the .nss. These TSLRCM versions instead refer to the lootscript instead of containing it, which allowed just to batch compile if changes were made to the lootscript rather than manually adding them to 50+ files.

* Placables (just compiled) are the base vanilla TSL scripts. TSLRCM hasn't modified them, just re-compiled them with the new lootscript.

* Placeables (unused) are base vanilla TSL scripts. But as mentioned are unused. TSLRCM has recompiled them, if for example modusers did use said placeable scripts, but if you only worry about vanilla you could opt to leave these out without effect.

* Placeables (used, script modified) are scripts TSLRCM has modified before recompiling due to errors in the scripts. They are used in vanilla TSL, so make sure to use these instead of the vanilla ones when re-compiling.

* Base lootscript. The base of it all. DON'T USE THE ONE IN THE OVERRIDE FOLDER!

There are also 3 seperate .nss in the folder, these go in the override. They're also base TSL versions, TSLRCM has just re-compiled them with our new lootscript.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

A version of the lootscript itself (k_inc_treas_k2.nss) can be found in your override map after installing TSLRCM 1.8 or higher.

DO NOT USE IT!

I just checked it, and it seems it's an older version rather than the final one. *sigh*

So use the version included in this download instead. Hopefully will be fixed in 1.8.3, but just incase keep using this version!

Using the TSLRCM lootscript rather than vanilla as base of your modifications, or when compiling custom spawn or placable scripts will help you fix the following issues;

* Some rounding issues in vanilla TSL could make some items not appear.

* Due to a faulty name droid "headslot" items couldn't drop in vanilla.

* Due to erroneous checks (only meant for other armors) high-level robes could not drop in vanilla.

* Lightsabers and lightsaber crystal's color is now random (with some colors more likely than others) rather than level-based.

* Security Spike tunnelers can drop.

* All Mira's rockets can drop, instead of just number 1.

* Fixed issue where a "rare drop" at higher levels could exceed the maximum item number, and produce no item at all as a result.

http://deadlystream.com/forum/files/file/325-tslrcm-loot-fix-base-scripts/

• 3 weeks later...

File updated!;

FIRST UPDATE:

* Updated lootscript to match 1.8.3 version (gloves_03 missing fix, it will now return gloves_02 instead of blank).

* Now contains the vendors base scripts, which also need to be recompiled if you want the random loot to possible appear in their stock.

* Now contains a 'test script' I've written for testing the 1.8.3 fix, and can be useful for your own testing of randomly dropped items by making the result not-random.

Quick question:

In the download there is a folder labelled, "102PER + 103PER + 105PER" under MODULES. However, the script included only appears to be used in 102PER. I'm sure that I'm missing something, however I don't know what it is. Help?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I confirmed that 102PER is the only place this is used via FindRefs

Hmm. FindRefs didn't see them and when I dragged them into ErfEdit, there was no prompt to replace existing files.

I have to admit ignorance on this point: if a reference to the script was added in the .utc but script was not in the module or the Override folder, would the loot script actually work?

EDIT: g_assassindrd006 in 103PER as well as 006 and 007 in 105PER do reference it, but KT spits an error about the script existing neither in the module nor as a general game resource. I am running 1.8.2 via the installer.

No idea what the hell is going on. KT does see them listed in Scripts, Compiled and when I reopened 103PER to physically check again, it's there now. :confused:

You are checking 103PER.mod and not the .rim file, right?

Checking the vanilla .utc's they already used that script (so it's not something we changed for 1.8), however the file itself was only physically present in 102PER in vanilla, something I changed in 1.8 since it's called more than only there...

Yeah. The only thing I can think of is that I was dragging the .nss and not the .ncs. Other than that, I have no clue what happened. It's all fixed now though. Thanks for the quick response.

Speaking of .rim vs .mod: do you have any clue as to why there isn't a 702KOR.mod? I did edit 702KOR.rim in that instance because .mod doesn't appear to exist.

Out of curiosity, do you have a_store_geg from 502OND laying around? I tried running the vanilla script through DeNCS twice. It failed once and worked the 2nd time. Can't tell the difference between the two, so I'm hesitant to trust the "working" one.

• 2 months later...

Archived