Home

Whitehouse.gov petition for KotoR 3

Darth Logheck

I appreciate your love for the kotor series but, I had to get a chuckle out of this,...not because your asking it but in my mind....I'm imagining a Fan-fiction written where this came true by the petition - The president talking to his advisors saying yes this needs to be done..(he is also a big kotor fan) and uses the powers to fight for the ability to do this but EA fights back and tries to help the Bioware team escape before they are detained.

Let's say the petition magically received 100,000 signatures. Would the United States government really speak to Luc...Disney about making KOTOR 3? Obviously when someone submits a petition to the whitehouse.gov website it gets looked over by whoever is in charge and is either denied or accepted. This petition was accepted and is legitimate, but I still have doubts that if enough people signed they would look into it. I'd hope they would though because if they didn't it would discredit the whole purpose of offering petitions to the public.

EDIT: Wait a minute...

"Designate the Republican party a terrorist organization for repeatedly threatening the full faith & credit of the U.S.A."

That's a petition from the website that already has 251 signatures...

This pretty much tells me that any petition makes it on the website, unless it has inappropriate language most likely.

If it received 100,000 signatures the US government most certainly wouldn't accept it. I think that once a petition gets the needed amount of signatures it just means the government will actually read it and discuss it, it's not a definite yes.

"Pardon Edward Snowden"

This petition among other ones have received much more than 100,000 signatures yet obviously the government isn't going to listen. Obviously KOTOR 3 would be more realistic, but it's still not an important issue and would most likely be shot down...

2nd EDIT: It appears that it's not all about the number of signatures, but the number of petitions relating to a topic. There are full page replies from president Obama discussing different topics such as one about gun control. There's a list of all of the gun related petitions at the bottom and he is responding to them all as a whole. Some have lots of votes, some only have a few, but there were enough people total that it deserved an answer. So what I'm basically trying to say is that there won't be a KOTOR 3...at least not this way.

Okay, let's pretend this ludicrous thing happens and the U.S. government intervenes. What will this mean for you? It'll mean you'll get the crappiest game ever, that's what! Think about it: Someone holds a proverbial gun to your head and forces you to produce something, not because it's your passion and you want to do it out of your deep love for the franchise, but because there will be dire consequences for you and your family if you don't. As a result, what you produce will have no substance, no heart, because you're only trying to please a tyrannical and ridiculous government who doesn't care about quality, only that it gets done. The fans' approval has nothing to do with it at that point.

Maybe you'd feel more at home in a country living under Sharia Law, where things like entertainment are heavily regulated, their content dictated by the heavy hand of a terrorist government. But we live in the United States of America, where the Constitution is the law of the land and the market is free (relatively, for now).

Although considering the author made only a single post and hasn't returned, I'm guessing all of our comments are useless.

And at that...

This is a Channel 7 news brief because the news is happening now!

Good evening, Mort Pertkins reporting. Our top story tonight, police and investigators are still trying to figure out how and why somebody stole 4 dead bodies from the Wayne County morgue late Monday night.

Police say, the apparent body thief entered through the basement window, but how he eluded the security and alarm system is still a mystery...But what we at Channel 7 are wondering: What kind of SICK F%^@ would steal 4 dead bodies anyway? Details at 11.

:)

Archived