Home

Miles Sound Tools - gone forever?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I seem to be having trouble using Miles on my Windows 7. I get an error message when attempting to open it.

MilesFAIL1_zps8f28ed7e.png

I can get this either just trying to play a sound file. I can also get it when try decompress one.

2. Decompression: However, sometimes I don't get that error message. I'll get a request for a codec.

Might anyone have any suggestions?

MilesFAIL2_zps1f4cb1d0.png

No codec for a WAV file? Come on Miles. . . what do I need to make you work?

OK, an update.

I've previously been trying to use the Win64 version of this but there's another folder that has what I'm guessing is the 32 bit version.

BTW, the Win64 version doesn't have a compatibility mode but the other version does. I still have to do the "change the extension bit" to get it to work but it works.

Is there work around for the codec issue so I skip the extension nonsense? Please reply if anyone does know it.

Thanks for your assistance, Dark Ansem.

By the way, here's the link that I used for a download of Miles Sound Tools.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Anyone could give me a hint as to where i could find a 64 version of Miles tools ? my old XP comp is dead and now i'm like an idiot with no way to tinker and extract my sound files...

I still have the TSL soundtrack, but I wanted to use some of the other soundfiles and now I feel a little screwed tbh...

Or if you know of any way to decompress the files without Miles, i'll take it in a heartbeat.

Happy new year btw :)

EDIT: appologies, I thought you both gave the same link but the second one worked fine. I'll try extracting my files the old fashioned way, thanks a lot for the link

Archived