Home

GTA V

Rogue15

Purchased it yesterday...it's pretty fun, city is huge, great graphics...the last GTA that I played was San Andreas, a pretty huge improvement for me obviously cause san andreas was on original xbox...I do like that you do not lose your weapons or ammo when you die. can't wait to do co-op with my buddies.

• 2 weeks later...

Just started the game. Really enjoying it, it's a big city on an enormous island. Haven't explored to much yet. The graphics are really nice, though I think it'll look 10x more impressive on PC. But that needs a good port ofcourse.

Not to far into the story yet; but liking the characters thus far. Not to mention the crazy TV shows and hilarious radio post and commercials. GTA at its best!

@ Taak: What type do you take me for? :p I play a lot of different types of vidya. Been playing GTA since the very first one.

It just feels like you'd dislike the lack of meaningful "purpose/substance" it has as a game, as it really IS just mindless fun to be honest.

GTA Online today, I'm about to check my Xbox! The ending was terrible, by the way. All three. The only decent one being Option C ;)

I'm waiting for the PC version, but from what I've seen, the thing I like the most is the amount of heist missions. Loved them ever since VC and Heat being one of my favourite movies also helps.

I think my PC might explode at the very thought of trying to play this even on low quality lol

I gave up with GTA O... just not worth it... had to remake my online character 4 times cause of the various issues that online is having and after coming out of the clothing store a random other player ran me over and then shot me with me having no chance of avoiding. So yeah, I'd rather play Monster Hunter for many hours than GTA Online lol.

Decided GTA O isn't worth the hassle and will try it out, should I get the PC version whenever it comes. Have given my copy of GTA V to a friend, to spare him the expense of buying it. Good game, but like all GTA games, I never play them again once I have completed them.

• 2 weeks later...

I was originally going to pass on GTA:O, but I got a free month of Live, so I gave it a try. The first week was rough, I only tried twice throughout that first week and then didn't bother.

After a few patches, I tried again a few days ago, and having a blast. It really helps to play with a crew/friends instead of random people who will do nohing but try and kill you.

The racing is a lot of fun with crew/friends who won't be *******s and ram you off the road and whatnot.

My main complaints are:

1) Can't buy grenades until level 15+, but there are missions that have you destroy vehicles/planes. That's annoying.

2) The NPCs seem to all be eagle eyed snipers. Can't tell you how many times I've been headshotted by a thug with a SMG at extreme range.

I'm glad you people are enjoying it. I'm not sure why I'm apathetic to it.

In fact I realize now, taking my roommate to gamestop for the midnight release of the new pokemon, I haven't been to gamestop to actually buy anything in over a year.

Perhaps it's just such a long history and that I have done all that I care to do with it.

...the last GTA that I played was San Andreas, a pretty huge improvement for me obviously cause san andreas was on original xbox...I do like that you do not lose your weapons or ammo when you die. can't wait to do co-op with my buddies.

Yeah. That was implemented in GTA IV, if I am not mistaken.

Just started the game. Really enjoying it, it's a big city on an enormous island.

All GTA games since GTA3 are like that, probably to make the border of the entire game's map a little less unseemly.

Not to far into the story yet; but liking the characters thus far. Not to mention the crazy TV shows and hilarious radio post and commercials. GTA at its best!

This your first GTA game? I was immersed like this back in vice city. Yeah it's common fare. I'd expect nothing less.

Good game, but like all GTA games, I never play them again once I have completed them.

Same here. And this time around...I'm kinda 'meh' towards the franchise now.

Guess I'm patrolling this thread hoping for something terribly new to suddenly jump up as an excuse to check it out. Don't really know what my lack of interest is caused from.

Archived