Home

Mod (idea)

DuckfromPortal

Well before you jump on me for this, I know that the likely-hood of someone trying this are low. I'm putting this here just in case someone on the site might offer suggestions for it, and/or if anyone would like to do this or help with this, also so i don't forget it just in case i want to do it later (since I'm wanting to work on a Kotor 2 mod first that's huge). Anyways now that that's over here it is:

The idea is to corrects something that bothers me; there are only two sides in the galactic conquest mode. When thinking about it, Conquest should not be over just be over one group, there should be several, here are my 'faction' ideas (if possible):

*the tusken raiders (with enslaved jawa's, might be able to use the hunt jawas and sand people for this, and the jawas from tatooine who just go around repairing)

* The wookies and ewoks, On endor and kysyyk, I think for hunt there are two units of Ewoks and for normal play the clones or the rebels get a unit of wookies to help them.

*the hutt's could have units to be made up to look like either gommoreans, those palace guard guys, and bounty hunters.

*Droid insurgents (For the civil war only) would be around probably since people would see that they were an effective weapon against the empire at one point.

Ok so the faction ideas may expand and become more organized with later edits. anyways, I also have map ideas that would add to this galactic conquest (if possible):

*Alderaan for the clone wars, a map similar to the naboo one, with several edits.

*A couple of asteroid maps similar to polis masa since that level seemed to have potential for a land space battle mix (Maybe if possible port over parts of paragus from kotor 2 since that could make an awesome battle site)

*A dantooine level

*A Korriban level

*An Onderon level with maybe a map of Dxun as well

*A nal hutta, Nar shadaa level/map for the hutts secondary world

Not all or any of those would need to be made, but might add to the battle field so to speak, Now for questions:

1) Is there a way to make the battles bigger than just 16 people, like can you make it 50 people with reinforcements of 450? Is there a way to increase the points for space battles?

2) Is there a way to make it so space battle treat the two command points (one on each ship) as Command centers that can be captured

3) Can ai control heroes and is there a way to make more than one hero in a battle at once (I.E. Have Han Solo, Chewie, and Luke for the rebels, and have Darth Vader, the Emperor, and Boba Fett for the imperials)?

4) Is there a way to make several more heroes?

Any advice, suggestions, comments, feedback and otherwise helpful remarks would be nice, I want this to be fleshed out before anything happens with it, it seems like it would be bigger than the one i want to make for Kotor which will take me years to compllete anyways

1) Is there a way to make the battles bigger than just 16 people, like can you make it 50 people with reinforcements of 450? Is there a way to increase the points for space battles?

Yep

2) Is there a way to make it so space battle treat the two command points (one on each ship) as Command centers that can be captured

Yep

3) Can ai control heroes and is there a way to make more than one hero in a battle at once (I.E. Have Han Solo, Chewie, and Luke for the rebels, and have Darth Vader, the Emperor, and Boba Fett for the imperials)?

Yep

Not sure what your asking but if you want more heroes yes it's possible, and quite a few have already been made. Check out this site http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.com/

Yep

Yep

Yep

Not sure what your asking but if you want more heroes yes it's possible, and quite a few have already been made. Check out this site http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.com/

For the first three, how? I mean, could you give me a bit of detail and for 4 yeah you got what i meant i want several more models for heroes so i can have several more heroes including ben kanobi, since it makes no sense to have obi one be in rebels heroes since its ben who is the older obi one

• 2 months later...

So I Can't figure out how to do any of this, but don't think i'd be able to get help here, since most of the people here don't respond or talk, that being said, Where can I download all the tools again for Star Wars BF, I got a new computer because the old on died and can't find a site that offers them any more

• 4 weeks later...
So I Can't figure out how to do any of this, but don't think i'd be able to get help here, since most of the people here don't respond or talk, that being said, Where can I download all the tools again for Star Wars BF, I got a new computer because the old on died and can't find a site that offers them any more

As the other person helping commented, give them what you need specific help for. The site given http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.com/ is still valid, you just need to find the modding tool mentioned.

I am not someone who does mods. I'm old and slow, so it frustrates me. BUt don't assume everyone else feels your burning need to do this right this minute. Some will get just as frustrated with your attitude, as you are with their lack of replies.

• 4 weeks later...
fine I won't try and get any discussion for this forum so its not as dead, I think this ideas dead too so bye

I'm sorry. I didn't know that you were only trying to get any discussion for this forum so it's not as dead... It seems that I mistakenly thought you were looking for help... Others apparently did as well as different people have offered you solutions to all of your questions and concerns. You have not only chosen to reject their solutions, but you've ignored the people offering them without the gratitude of a quick "thanks". And with comments like "don't think i'd be able to get help here, since most of the people here don't respond or talk", I agree with the well-spoken words of the previous poster, who merely suggested to you that "some will get just as frustrated with your attitude, as you are with their lack of replies".

No need to go away sore though. You learn from stuff like this.

Good fortune to you in getting your mod.

I don't really care for this part of the forum anyways, since early summer I've tried to evoke discussion on a few mod ideas so that i could test the waters on who i liked and stuff. after i was done with that, i was going to see if this was a game with a community i wanted to mod for. With people not talking whatsoever in the game community other than you, me, maltron and Machiaveilli (to tell me people get just as frustrated with my impatience as i do with their silence.) I mean, a community is all I want to have here, to help support younger modders on their way to being full pledged modders. But with no one to help younger moder here and a silent modding community here, this place isn't worth it. I think I'll just stay on the kotor side

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, back in like 2005 or so I had wanted to know about modding my own for SWBF1 but got very little direct, helpful advice. At the time anyways, while it was still pretty big (most gamers switched to SWBF2, although the forums were ablaze with harsh critiques about the sequel... There were lots of complaints about SWBF2, yet most everyone stayed playing it.), it seemed like modding was held as some Big Holy Secret, and only the "Chosen Ones" could mod, and didn't give-up their "trade secrets" lightly... It sort of seemed a bit like a silly little teenie-bopper clique, really; so iI'm not too surprised to see no help for you towards modding NOWADAYS, when the game is played by (probably) less than 100 people worldwide.

Anyways, back then, I had began what was to be a re-dawning of the glory that is the original SWBF1... The New Renaissance of SWBF1... I hosted games online that were ALL exclusively mods, and I made my server name my website (freewebs.com/weBF), so people could see what maps I was hosting and DL them to install and join in online battles on some of the best maps created with some awesome other stuff thrown in... Few joined, and momentum was slow, but word was starting to catch on amongst other communities (some of the larger clan forums, etc)... But before it truly ignited, I had fallen hard into Battlefield 2142, and all the effort and energy I was investing in the New Renaissance didn't result in the pay-out I had originally striven for... It was a New Renaissance in the making, but it never took flight before I left it alone on the battlefield.

But, now with Tunngle, apparently we can still play online, though I haven't yet... Since 2006 or so.

Anyhow, IDK what to say about the silence regarding modding. There are mod-tools available I believe, at the FileFront website given above, though I know not how to use them. As for "community", IDK what to say... I never come here, and am only here because I'm curious to play again online... With the maps and mods of the New Renaissance, and a few great "new" ones I've seen on Filefront! ("New" meaning post-2006)

Good Fortune to you with KotOR, learning to mod, and all things.

• 3 weeks later...
...help support younger modders on their way to being full pledged modders. But with no one to help younger moder here and a silent modding community here...

Just discovered this video titled "Star Wars Battlefront 1 Zeroeditor Modding Basics" and thought of you, so...

Archived