Home

Anime/Manga Thread Anyone?

L0ki194

Hey there...

So any Anime/Manga fans here? If so, then here I have these simple questions:

-What is your favorite anime/manga?

-What are you currently watching/reading?

-What Anime/Manga have you already watched?

-What Anime/Manga have you watched/read partially, but never completed?

-When do you think you got into this?

You don't have to answer all of them. Just answer what you want to answer.

Feel free to post any of your favorite video clips, Songs, OSTs, screen-caps, fan-art, etc. And also feel free to chat the thread up if you want.

(I'll start posting my stuff after a few posts have gone up.)

• 3 weeks later...

-What is your favorite anime/manga?

Well, I don't have just one so...that aside, Trinity Blood, Trigun, and Hellsing would be my favorites, though there might be one or two more.

-What are you currently watching/reading?

For the most part, Soul Eater. Really have to watch more of that. I think I might take a took at Fairy Tail too.

-What Anime/Manga have you already watched

A list? Oh my...

Cowboy Bebop(Pretty good)

Big O(A little weird but still good. Pity there isn't more)

Devil May Cry(Eh, might've not watched the last 2 or 3 episodes. Might watch all of it again at some point)

FLCL(No, I don't get it either)

FMA, and FMA: Brotherhood(...loved it.)

Ghost In The Shell(I've seen both movies and most of the S.A.C. The movies I like, but S.A.C, not so much)

Persona 4: The Animation

Vampire Knight and VK: Guilty(A little..."pretty" in some respects, but still good, I think)

A few movies as well...such as:

Princess Mononoke

Spirited Away

Trigun: Badlands Rumble

Probably a few more I can't think of at the moment.

-What Anime/Manga have you watched/read partially, but never completed?

Bleach(Didn't really finish this, as...well, only got to part of the Hueco Mundo arc before I just found myself board with it)

Moon Phase(Eh...can't say I exactly like this one, but I haven't seen the entire series yet)

Queen's Blade(Only watched maybe four episodes at this point)

The Wallflower(I don't know. Wasn't too interested in this one)

-When do you think you got into this?

I believe it was when I started watching Adult Swim, when it aired Trigun.

I don't consider myself an anime/manga fan in that classical stereotypical sense, but I do enjoy watching an anime from time to time and I even read a couple of manga series.

The first anime I really followed was Yu-Gi-Oh. I was still in high-school and it was during a period when I caught a nasty flu and had to stay at home that I started to regularly watch Yugi.

Still, it would take a few more years for me to start watching anime on a more regular basis. In my second year of college I started to watch Naruto regularly and after that, on a recommendation, I started watching Bleach. Those were and are the only two huge (in terms of number of episodes) anime that I followed (and still do in Naruto's case, since the Bleach anime is over). During that time I also watched Death Note which was among the best stuff I ever watched. Not long after finishing DN, I took a look at Code Geass, which was almost equally awesome.

Other stuff I thoroughly enjoyed include Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Claymore, Ergo Proxy, Another, Mushishi and, more recently, Psycho-Pass, Canaan, flawed but pretty decent Sword Art Online and the incredibly awesome Fate/Zero (I've also watched the old Fate/Stay Night, but you can be sure I'm looking forward to the recently announced new F/SN adaptation a lot more).

I've also watched a few feature-length anime movies, such as Grave of the Fireflies, Princess Mononoke and Sword of the Stranger, as well as the Berserk: The Golden Age Arc and The Garden of Sinners mini-series. I've even seen a few CGI ones, like Appleseed and Appleseed Ex Machina (both really awesome).

Needless to say, all of the above stuff I watched in original Japanese with English subtitles, because, let's face it English-dubbed anime tend to have horrible voice acting, not to mention censorship and I strongly recommend anyone who wishes to watch anime watch their original Japanese versions - you'll enjoy it more that way. ;)

I got into anime watching Project A-ko, Genocyber and Ghost in the Shell years ago then started watching Slayers, Tenchi, and Outlaw Star. I currently watch One Piece and Soul Eater, I really like Lupin 3rd, I just wish it would get more airtime.

I used to watch a lot of anime for a few years, but then I kind of stopped watching it after a while... I think I've just grown out of it for the most part, but I do still rewatch some of my old favourites and new stuff based on those old favourites. Stuff like Macross and Ghost in the Shell and Evangelion, etc.

Other than that... meh @ the rest of what goes on. I honestly can't be bothered putting the time into watching anything new. I figure I'll put that time into playing more video games instead.

What's everyone watching this season?

At the moment, nothing I'd recommend as a must-watch, it's more of a guilty pleasure (BlazBlue: Alter Memory) and some form of perverse curiosity (Infinite Stratos 2). They're OK, if for whatever reason you're in the mood for that sort of thing, but nothing mind-blowing. I do recommend all the stuff I mentioned in my previous post.

I used to watch a lot of anime for a few years, but then I kind of stopped watching it after a while... I think I've just grown out of it for the most part, but I do still rewatch some of my old favourites and new stuff based on those old favourites. Stuff like Macross and Ghost in the Shell and Evangelion, etc.

Other than that... meh @ the rest of what goes on. I honestly can't be bothered putting the time into watching anything new. I figure I'll put that time into playing more video games instead.

Same here. I keep telling myself I'll watch, say, Evangelion or .hack, but can never bring myself to do so. My younger brother is especially annoying about it, since he's always pestering me to watch Naruto or One Piece. It's not that I don't like them, it's that I can't be bothered anymore to watch a few hundred episodes to catch up, and then keep up with it weekly.

I watch anime and read manga way too often. I guess you can say that it's a hobby of mine :p No, but seriously, anime is one of my most favorite things in the world, that I watch at least one episode of an anime show everyday (I watch more than one). This recent spring/summer season brought a lot of great shows such as Date a Live, Attack on Titan and Watamote. And now with the fall season line-up, shows such as Strike the Blood are starting to hit their peak. If there's one thing I do hate about anime though, it's post-anime depression. I had with Death Note, Clannad, Mirai Nikki, and Cowboy Bebop. Thankfully, I don't experience it anymore.

-What Anime/Manga have you already watched?

*Date a Live

*School Days

*Clannad

*Death Note

*Kanon

*Code Geass

*Air (Dropped it)

*Mirai Nikki (Future Diary)

*Harui Suziumiya

*Angel Beats

*Cowboy Bebop

*Monster

*Sword Art Online

*Elfen Lied

*Tegami Bachi (Letter Bee)

*WataMote

*Attack of the Titans

Not a lot of shows, I know. I have a big fat list of shows that I'm going to watch soon. When? I truly don't know. Considering that I keep adding more and more titles to my list, I don't know if I'm ever going to get through all of them. As for manga's, I'm currently reading Attack on Titan, Watamote, and Letter Bee.

Wow.... I haven't checked this in 3 weeks :/

Interesting to see what some of you have listed. Well, I said I'd post what I've watched so far... so, here:

Watched to Completion:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

- Bleach

- Black Lagoon

- FLCL/Fooly Cooly

- Deadman Wonderland

- Elfen Lied

- Shingeki No Kyojin (Attack on Titan)

- Chuunibyou demo Koi ga ****ai! (<--- LF doesn't like this title apparently :/)

- Clannad & Clannad: After Story (After story was a wrecking ball of feels...)

- Welcome to The NHK!

- Mirai Nikki (Future Diary)

- Seitokai Yakuindomo

- Another

- Highschool of the Dead

- School Days

- Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Shows I've Partially watched (Some I may or may not continue):

Show spoiler

- Inuyasha (up to around 130, then dropped)

- Gintama (Partially, Will eventually continue again.)

Shows I'm currently watching or up to date in:

Show spoiler

- Highschool DxD (Watched Season 1, not sure if I should continue...)

- Kill la Kill

Manga I'm up to date in:

Show spoiler

- Bleach

- Deadman Wonderland

- Singeki No Kyojin (Attack On Titan)

- Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou (Yeah I know.... Don't judge me, okay?)

- Aku No Hana (The Flowers of Evil)

- Elfen Lied

I remember watching Yu-Gi-Oh! and a few other shows that were playing on a channel called YTV (I live in Canada, sooo...). When I started to REALLY sit down and watch anime and read Manga, was probably late 2012... some time in July or August, if I'm correct... A friend got me to watch Bleach. Bleach was also the first Manga I read as well...

So there it is.... the list of things I've read and watched in the past 15-16 months.

Whaaaaat? Where's Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo?! Those two series are the standard for anime in my book.

XD I've heard of both of those series before, I just haven't gotten around to watching them yet. I don't know much, but I'll look the descriptions up or something.

XD I've heard of both of those series before, I just haven't gotten around to watching them yet. I don't know much, but I'll look the descriptions up or something.

Definitely gotta get to them ASAP. I don't think you'll find an anime that matches those two with as much care and attention to detail. Plus, the characters are so incredibly likeable.

Also, those two series are probably the only two in anime where the English voice actors are far superior to their Japanese counterparts. Definitely choose the English dubs before you start watching!

Definitely gotta get to them ASAP. I don't think you'll find an anime that matches those two with as much care and attention to detail. Plus, the characters are so incredibly likeable.

Also, those two series are probably the only two in anime where the English voice actors are far superior to their Japanese counterparts. Definitely choose the English dubs before you start watching!

I've heard the praise the shows get. And their Dubs. Even my one friend gave me heck for not watching it. XD But I will check them out soon. Very soon.

• 4 months later...

Started with High School DxD... up to date with it... even watched the season 2 specials that are subbed in Spanish and I don't understand a thing... found out about it through Deviantart.

Also, watching Beyblade Metal Saga, but haven't completed it.

Finally, I've watched all Beywheelz episodes...

Héh, just recently I dug up some older series, which I saw on TV, saturday mornings or somewhere in the afternoons when school was finished.

So for a nostalgia trip, I found back Teknomen or Tekkaman Blade. I wanted to see if I still liked the thing. It's dated, but flashy and often oddly edited. But it still has it's charm to me. I rewatched the whole series.

Another oldy I enjoy is Rurouni Kenshin/ Samurai X. Haven't read the manga yet.

Other stuff I've seen are I would guess the classics:

Spirited Away.

Grave of Fireflies.

Ghost in the Shell.

Akira.

There a few others, my brother in law is a bigger fan of anime things. So I've seen a few more movies, but I can't recall the titles.

For fun I did get a chance to read the Dragon Ball mangas. Fun stuff.

• 3 weeks later...

Well it's been a while so here's what I've seen since the last time I shared my list.

- Highschool DxD NEW

- Kill la Kill

- Cowboy Bebop

- Madoka Magica

- Kyokai No Kanata

- Samurai Champloo

- ToraDora

- Blood-C

And that's it for now. The series I'm watching next is the Monogatari series, but I've only watched the first episode of Bakemonogatari. I've been a bit busy with school, and other things.

I finally watched Gurren Lagann the other week and rewatched Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. It's not bad, I liked it, but I can't understand why everyone goes crazy over Gurren Lagann. It's basically an anime that grabs all of the cliché's of the last 40 years, if it wasn't for the fact that it's obviously a tribute anime to all of the mecha animes in the past, I wouldn't be forgiving it for all of the cliché stuff it has in it.

I've finally taken a look at Madoka Magica (the movie trilogy), after putting it off for a while. It turned out to be pretty interesting and not at all what I expected/feared it would be. Definitely worth a watch.

After watching Kill la Kill, I'm still not sure what to think about it. It was completely nuts and I'm not sure if it was nuts in a good or in a bad way. Pretty entertaining, though.

I also recently watched the To Aru anime (Magical Index and Scientific Railgun), they were pretty good - especially the "Sisters" story arc which takes up most of the second season of Railgun and all story arcs in Index that continue off the "Sisters" arc.

Other than that, I'm currently following the new Mushishi anime - so far it retains the quality of the first season and it's definitely worth a watch if you liked the first season, or if you like a peaceful, yet mysterious atmosphere all around.

Archived