Home

New Game + mod?

Me_Who_Else

Is there a possibility to find (make) a little mod for a new game +?

neither filefront, nor deadlystream nor gamebanana (or so) bring results for that search.

Did i miss the possibility for that on pc (got the game "new" on it instead for the xbox) or isn't it included?

Would be a nice touch to a good game =)

What exactly are you looking for?

You ever play any of the Final Fantasy games?!

It's one of the staple features in a lot of them, where you beat the game, save in a new slot, and then are able to load that data at the start of the game, thereby making it seem as if you restarted the storyline with your end-game characters, items, and stats...

At the original poster: That's...not possible for these games. Well, it theoretically is, if one were to reset all of the global booleans and numbers,...

After completing the game twice in both light and dark endings, talk to Atton and he will provide some funny dialogue in the first level when you meet him for the first time. When the PC asks he who he is, he will state "I'm Atton. Im not supposed to be in the game, but I got created last minute. Blame my agent. I was actually slated for a spin-off of Jedi Knight. But I dont want to talk about what happened *there*"referring to his character being cut as the MC in the early production of Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy. In addition to that line, as a female character when you first open the door he will say "Are you an angel?" then retracts and says "Aw im kidding. That was the worse line I've ever used. Hope some poor kid doesn't start using it" referring to the scene in The Phantom Menace where Anakin first meets Padme and asks if she's an angel.

And then there's these . . .

Yeah i noticed with the editor...a lot of work to do XD

but thanks for the help.

To be precise. A new game plus is a new game with the stats, items and so on of a prior playthrough. Some games have it (awesome feature) most do not, or only give some features.

edit.:

setting all the booleans and numbers to zero does not work. it only messes up the game. It is weird to see the visass cutscene again, even when she stands next to you =)

Yeah i noticed with the editor...a lot of work to do XD

but thanks for the help.

To be precise. A new game plus is a new game with the stats, items and so on of a prior playthrough. Some games have it (awesome feature) most do not, or only give some features.

edit.:

setting all the booleans and numbers to zero does not work. it only messes up the game. It is weird to see the visass cutscene again, even when she stands next to you =)

Well, the resetting was just a start. One would need to put in some checks to prevent things happening right off the bat, and to remove party members and what-not.

yeah..but now i have a savegame to play with =)

it is so fu..ed up i can try as much as i want

Yeah, it does give you a God complex, doesn't it? :p

Well, since my computer's back and running, I'm going to look into releasing a new version of the save game editor soon. I didn't find any documentation on it that mentioned permissions, and Tk102 released the source code along with it...

If any moderators see this, I ask for their opinion on whether I can release a new version, okay?

Yeah, it does give you a God complex, doesn't it? :p

Well, since my computer's back and running, I'm going to look into releasing a new version of the save game editor soon. I didn't find any documentation on it that mentioned permissions, and Tk102 released the source code along with it...

If any moderators see this, I ask for their opinion on whether I can release a new version, okay?

Would be cool. The one i am using is a bit...unhandy. It works finde, but ergonomical is a nightmare =)

Resetting stuff is defenitely not advised (not to mention some stuff can't be reset, like locals. Some get automatically cleaned, but some remain indefinitely, like with the Hawk).

If you want a New Game +, the best would be to start a new game and ADD your levels and items.

Still a lot of work though...

Ergonomical? How so?

And in what ways is it unhandy? I'm asking to see if I should/can change it, okay?

instead of the apply button justen press enter would be one step. Still had the commit changes button for safety. some fields do not accept delete. One needs to select all the text and write the new one. such things i mean =)

instead of the apply button justen press enter would be one step. Still had the commit changes button for safety. some fields do not accept delete. One needs to select all the text and write the new one. such things i mean =)

Okay. You mind telling me which fields don't accept the delete key? Also, to help with the user-friendliness, here's two features I've added:

1. Clicking the mouse wheel for Notepad-like scrolling.

2. An option to type in the number of an item to add to the inventory.

I've added other features, but I'm not telling on them quite yet. :p

I'll make a new post in the tools thread when I release KSE 3.3.4. Again, if any mods have opinions against me releasing this, PLEASE SAY SO, either through here or PMs.

P.S: Mods, sorry for shouting, but I don't feel like going through the drama of releasing it and getting banned because a mod happened to not like my releasing it and not telling me so.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived