Home

Night Dive might be teasing Lucas Arts games.

megarock58

Night Dive just shared a fan made poster for Star Wars Episode 7 and said "Having nothing to do with any Night Dive releases (or does it?) did you know there is a Star Wars Episode 7 poster? We've seen it credited with copyright Disney/Lucasarts on a couple blogs, hopefully it is legit" also, see this article if you have not already:http://mixnmojo.com/news/LucasArts-Classics-Might-Be-Coming-Out-of-the-Vault what are your thoughts?

They are probably trying to get the distribution rights of the old LucasArts catalogue and make the games compatible with current OS's.

Previously, after Night Dive posted some Lucas Arts stuff on Facebook and Twitter in late June/early July, someone following them on Twitter asked if they were releasing Lucas Arts titles and someone Night Dive replied saying "We're hoping for it as much as everyone else, that's all we can say at the moment!"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This will be the big great news for 2014 if they really have got a deal with Disney. Night Dive is one of the most important companies right now in the business, preserving old games and getting those back to the spotlight that the games belong to.

This will be the big great news for 2014 if they really have got a deal with Disney. Night Dive is one of the most important companies right now in the business, preserving old games and getting those back to the spotlight that the games belong to.

Damn right. It's been really depressing how little Mojo-related stuff has been going on recently. Sure, there's Broken Age and Telltale stuff, but there has been somewhat of a drought in terms of news related to the classics. This could somewhat help with that and if they sell well, we might even have some new material to look forward to. I miss having a new Monkey island to look forward to especially :p

• 1 month later...

UPDATE, Night Dive just posted this on Twitter:"We have an announcement ... soon ... very soon.", I hope it's Lucas Arts.

UPDATE #2, they also wrote this:"Very soon might be a bit of an overstatement actually. Soonish. By month's end! Can't be more specific though."

UPDATE, Night Dive just posted this on Twitter:"We have an announcement ... soon ... very soon.", I hope it's Lucas Arts.

UPDATE #2, they also wrote this:"Very soon might be a bit of an overstatement actually. Soonish. By month's end! Can't be more specific though."

Oh man...considering all the LucasArts-related posts they've made, I really hope they've managed it....but I can't help but worry we'll be let down again. Still, fingers crossed :)

Oh man...considering all the LucasArts-related posts they've made, I really hope they've managed it....but I can't help but worry we'll be let down again. Still, fingers crossed :)

They hinted at System Shock 2 and I Have No Mouth, both games got released. so it is safe to assume they are working on a Disney deal because of the hints.

They hinted at System Shock 2 and I Have No Mouth, both games got released. so it is safe to assume they are working on a Disney deal because of the hints.

I really hope so, they said "by month's end" what if it ends up being April 1st? I don't think I could deal with a joke like that :p

UPDATE: It does NOT look like Night Dive's next release is Lucas Arts, because according to this picture they shared:https://www.facebook.com/NightDiveStudios/photos/a.194457070696388.53219.194438327364929/379029238905836/?type=1&stream_ref=10

[Look at the screen in the background] it looks like Bad Mojo is their next release. oh well.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE:Night Dive posted this on Twitter:"Are you on Facebook? We might be counting down to something soon..."

then hours later they posted this:"On the fourth something will be ripe for the taking. Stay tuned! Hints to be dropped on our Facebook page!"

on Facebook they posted a picture that said:"3 days"

then they posted a picture that said:"2 days"

Well, that was disappointing, the scythe could have been a clue for Grim Fandango...

Anyways, here's some more tweets:

"As original ND projects progress, previews will happen. Rereleases though, it is out of our hands. We do the work to get classics back out."

"The point being, we'd love to just tell you what we're working on re-releasing! But we can't :("

So, it seems like they're still working on something else, but it might be a while before we find out what that is.

Well, that was disappointing, the scythe could have been a clue for Grim Fandango...

Anyways, here's some more tweets:

"As original ND projects progress, previews will happen. Rereleases though, it is out of our hands. We do the work to get classics back out."

"The point being, we'd love to just tell you what we're working on re-releasing! But we can't :("

So, it seems like they're still working on something else, but it might be a while before we find out what that is.

I still think that their next release is Bad Mojo, but I am still hoping for Lucas Arts.

Archived