Home

Add more VO's to Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge

Sith Holocron

matilda.gif

If you've played Brotherhood of Shadow: Solomon's Revenge all the way through, you've certainly met this character. Known variously as Matilda, Sera Degana or Shadow, she's a major character in the mod. If only she didn't speak the same Twi'lek voiceovers all the way through...

My absurd request would to have a female voice actress do all the above character's lines in the mod. Absurd not only due to the vast amount of lines the character has but also because the tremendous amount of lip syncing that would have to happen.

Do I think this mod will happen? Not at all, quite frankly. However, I've been surprised to have some of my requests fulfilled in the past so it's worth a shot by my asking.

Post here if you're willing to take it on as I'd love to hear it happen (in game.)

Yeah as you said, you'd not only need a female voice actress, but also either Silveredge9 to make the "lipsynching" or a modder willing to do-it with the permission of the former modder.

You wouldn't need Silveredge at all. There are tutorials for lipsyncing on LF so nearly anyone could do that part of it.

For example: Custom Lip Synching The Easy Way

The tedious part of hunting down every line and then finding someone with the patience to record it - there's the REAL challenge.

Update: I have a voice-over actress interested. Anyone game for finding of the lines needed? (We'd also need the file names paired with the actual dialogue.)

I can do it. You want a list of each of her lines?

Also, mind sending me some samples? I might be able to use this actress in a mod I'm working on, assuming she's willing.

I can do it. You want a list of each of her lines?

Yes, each and every one. Thanks so much for doing this.

Also, mind sending me some samples? I might be able to use this actress in a mod I'm working on, assuming she's willing.

I'll PM you her page. I think she's got samples and videos on it.

If you can do this then go for it! I don't have the time for this sort of thing anymore (wish I did haha) so I'm going to have to sit it out. It's not going to be easy though, I wrote so much dialogue for her. There's the original BoS, Solomon's Revenge and let's not forget the character dialogue whilst on the Ebon Hawk and the associated flashbacks.

That reminds me, I still have the scripts for the BoS comic book series I was planning on creating a few years ago. The plan was to export character models and backgrounds and create an actual comic book in the vein of this, but sadly due to various limitations I eventually had to abandon it.

Story wise though it was pretty fun, and had the Orion getting mixed up in many KoTOR2-esc events like visiting Nar Shaddaa and bumping into Mira, the abandoned Jedi Temple on Coruscant, Sera meeting Traya and Sion on Malachor V and so on. It sounds hokey but it all worked rather well. There were around 200 pages or nearly 18 issue scripts complete! :/

Thank you, Silveredge! Not having your blessing to go ahead with this would've made going forward a pointless gesture.

I've been looking a project that would enable me to expand beyond doing voice overs and simple textures. This project seems like it will be a challenge and that in itself should be interesting.

That reminds me, I still have the scripts for the BoS comic book series I was planning on creating a few years ago. The plan was to export character models and backgrounds and create an actual comic book in the vein of this, but sadly due to various limitations I eventually had to abandon it . . . There were around 200 pages or nearly 18 issue scripts complete! :/

I wonder if someone might ask you if they could finish it. I think that would be an interesting way to promote fan fiction here on LF. Why does it have to only text or artwork in Coruscant Entertainment Centre, right? However, I'm veering off topic and if someone's interested they know how to PM you!

Hey folks, until I have the scripts to present to the voice actress, I'm not going to have anything to report. Then of course, there will be many (oh so many) lines for her to record. I promise to post something once I have something newsworthy to report. (Please don't bump the thread - that's rude! ;))

S9 came thru, no surprise there! Quickly was a surprise :D

This one is difficult and simple at the same time. The difficulty lies in the scope, which is good in the sense that mostly it will just require time.

As I have a little bit of a connection to silveredge9's work, I would be glad to offer my help with the minor script editing and addition that will be required.... my GF Kelli did the VO for the Sith Stalker which I slapped into the game decently.

Neat project, a good VO would make me replay the mod for sure!

• 1 year later...

Archived