Home

How accurate is TORhead?

Al_Ciao

I'm just wondering because sometimes there are clear inconsistencies, such as channeled abilities being labeled as Instant.

Also, when the damage/healing of a power is listed, does that list the maximum damage/healing of said power at level 50/55, or does it list the damage the power does when one first receives it (i.e. the first rank)?

Very inaccurate due to being out of date.

I go to:

http://www.noxxic.com/swtor

and

"Ask Mr. Robot"

However, I just put points where it seems most needed when I hit the next level.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

Since I am decent at tanking tactics I often am put into that role where a main tank isn't around or there's another DPS tank like me. Sometimes it works, other times it doesn't go well at all. Actually...it's pretty funny when it doesn't.

Now that I think of it I've just tended to put slightly more into defense than offense. Roughly of the better part of 30 points so far I'd say it's roughly split 5.5 def./4.0 atk./0.5 bal. I'm very slowly playing through not as a result of my build but rather the infrequency at which I play since it's my roomate's acct. opening for a character I created.

If I was in a hurry I'd just pour it mostly into offense and just do class quests and maybe some extra for completion and creds. But since I play so infrequently I've actually managed to get along pretty well each time I play as a DPS tank. Pure DPS is dime a dozen. So I've found if I accept the dubious honor of tanking I can actually get through flashpoints and heroics fairly quickly instead of waiting around for people to make a team or skipping them altogether.

Different tactics for different people and situations.

TL;DR: I don't strictly follow everything to the letter on these sites as I've found what works for me personally for my play-style and on my timeframe.

HOWEVER, whatever you choose to do, it's always a good idea to be read and to know the shortfalls of hybridizing or picking as you go.

Thanks for the reply, DA ^-^ I'm most just curious as to what some of the highest-damage powers are, in a few categories I have in mind, is why xD

For my playstyle (Sith Sorcerer), I'm hybridizing across all three trees. I don't see much point in getting the highest tier powers of any of them (except the healing one, but then only if I was going for pure healer), but I do see several talents that work well together spread across the trees.

So from Madness I have Death Field with Deathmark, Force Lightning with no cooldown, and a cool Wrath that procs an instant Crushing Darkness. Plus a fantastic Whirlwind improvement that lowers the activation time (before patch it made it zero activation :/ ) and lets it last 60 seconds AND apply to two other Standard or Weak targets within a radius of the original target! From Lightning I have a Static Barrier improvement, and from Corruption, I'm taking a bit of improvement to my native healing abilities.

God, I love my Sorc. Mostly DPS with a bit of heals, and that Static Barrier is as good as or better than healing, in my opinion. First companion I got was a melee tank, and I've used him nonstop as my armor and meat shield, and he's very effective at it. I've also got some good control abilities, plus all my powers are ranged, and include several area abilities. I spam Power with my gear, and it pays off nicely.

Sorry, I stop fanboying now xD

Archived