Home

Astrotoy7 Has Passed Away

Jae Onasi

I got to talk with him a little bit since he liked my avatar, him being a Sherlock Holmes fan, and even linked me to the 3pipe problem when I said I did enjoy European art. That was over 3 years ago, and I still have his PMs in my inbox. I didn't look at his blog as much as I probably should have, and I didn't really talk with him too much beyond that, but it was a privilege to be acquainted with him and talk with him, even briefly. RIP Hasan.

Sad to hear.

I initially only knew him through the big help he was on the tech forum but through the folding project we had some conversations. He seemed like a nice guy.

He gave me the link to his blog on Renaissance art after he'd seen one of my profile pics and wanted feedback. I didn't have the time to get into it much, but I bookmarked it so I could read it later. Sadly, as these things go, you tend to forget and I feel sad now that I never got to give him my thumbs up for his blog.

There is the small hope Astro made a backup of himself and is now roaming the internet as an AI. If so, awesome blog, Astro! And may you rest in peace!

Some of you really got to know him, that much is obvious to see. Makes me wish I had gotten to talk with him some more. He randomly came up and talked via PM. Struck conversation the good old fashioned way. Just by talking. No passive-aggressive awkwardness. Certainly gives the impression of a likeable guy. I admire that.

Man. What HAVE I been doing? Life is so short. Even shorter for those who passed away before their time. Wow.

He had other interests which he proudly displayed. He's one of those people who didn't have to be self conscious about sounding a bit off or hard to understand. That's a real gift. I'm sure he'll be missed. He's already being missed here as can be seen in fact.

• 1 month later...

I had not visited LucasForums for 6 months up until last week and I just happened to see this sad news today. I remember Astrotoy7 for starting our forum's Folding@Home team. He recruited me into the project and though he stopped contributing after leaving the forums his legacy continues on. I can think of nothing more fitting than to sign off how he always did.

mtfbwya Astro

Like Char Ell, I have just found this thread due to a rather hectic life, often in remote regions, away from the net but not always...there were any family challenges..

I am deeply saddened by Astro's death. Always liked Astro (and most of his opinions although I can't count the times where I tried to tone down the heated debates on the forums! ). He's always been kind with me, no matter what, and I also admired how passionate he was about arts.

RIP and mtfbwy Hasan.

I offer you an excerpt of Mozart's unfinished Requiem

• 1 month later...

I know this is months old at this point, but it's new to me since I've just logged on for the first time in a long while, so I hope nobody minds this late post.

I've popped in and out of this place over the last 9 years, and it's been oddly comforting to see a few familiar names still around every time. Astrotoy was one of them. Always being around for a few posts, then gone for months or even years (for similar reasons to the ones D333 mentions here), I doubt I made much of an impression on him (or anyone for that matter) during his time here, but he certainly made one on me. He got me into folding, though life made it impossible to keep that up for long, and I enjoyed more than a few memorable conversations on art, among other topics. His enthusiasm for the subject was both impressive and infectious, and perhaps by virtue of my absence, I mostly missed the more controversial side of him.

RIP Hasan/Astro, and my sympathies to his family.

• 1 month later...

April 6th will be the anniversary of the birthday of the great Renaissance artist, Raphael. The community of professional and lay art historians, and those who appreciated all the work that Astrotoy7 (Hasan Nayazi) did are invited to share stories of any kind of how Astro helped them or shared something meaningful with them. This is not limited to people who love art history. It is for anyone!

Please see the details in this 3PP post.

Archived