Home

How does a new SW RPG sound?

Sith Sizzle

As much as we all would like there to be a KOTOR 3, I don't think it's likely to happen. It's been said that SWTOR is KOTOR 3 - 10 and they've already "finished" Revan's story. Even though there most likely won't be a new KOTOR game I think there should still be a new Star Wars RPG.

I'm a huge fan of RPG's and compared to other genres such as action/shooter there aren't that many. The cool thing about RPG's is that they are such big games with so much to do that they are generally good even though some are better than others. There are many 1st person and 3rd person shooter games in the Star Wars universe, but not RPG's.

It could be similar to the KOTOR games, but with better graphics of course, as well as being released on multiple systems. It could take place before KOTOR, after SWTOR, during the Star Wars movies, or after them. Once the new movies come out there will be another time frame to base a game around. The Old Republic isn't the only time period that deserves a good adventure. What do you guys think of a new SW RPG? What time period would you enjoy the most?

The cool thing about RPG's is that they are such big games with so much to do

Tis line sums up the top problem I see. Disney (and Lucas arts while they could have made a game) isn't dumb. They know there is intrest in a new RPG or even a kotor 3. But they have to ask themselves the question of wether or not it's enough intrest. There's tons of people they would have to hire just to make this game or any game a reality and Disney themselves dosent usually do extremly high end graphics so they would need people to do that, and dozens of other things.

But in the end I still would like to see a new RPG I just don't think it will be seen anytime soon if we ever even see one.

Disney themselves dosent usually do extremly high end graphics

This is exactly what scares me so gosh darn much.

For the most part, Disney is known for more kid friendly games that are easy going with cartoonish graphics. There is nothing wrong with that however, but when you are in control of Star Wars, a franchise that doesn't fit under those categories, it's a problem. I'm worried about two things here.

One, since they usually make games appropriate for all audiences how will this effect the future Star Wars games? I'm not expecting an M rated game (I'd like one though), but will they no longer feature mature themes and intense gameplay?

Two, since their graphics style usually matches their own kid friendly nature, how will this effect the future Star Wars games? Will they all look less realistic and more like The Clone Wars TV show? Those type of graphics would not only effect Star Wars RPG's, but Star Wars games of all genres. The only hope I see is that Battlefront 3 is being made and I'm hoping for it to have gritty (non cartoonish) realistic graphics and I swear it better have no less than a T rating...

Archived