Home

Creation or Evolution

Me_Who_Else

Creation or Evolution  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Creation or Evolution

• Evolution by Natural Means
    • Litteral Creation (6 days or equivalent)
    • Life started by a Deus then it went on its own.

Regardless of if you believe in God or not I don't understand how people can deny that evolution exists. Every single year scientists show more and more proof. If I were to live in a pitch black room for my entire life and had children and those children had children, all living in the dark like me, they would more than likely be born blind thousands if not hundreds of thousands of years later and have other enhanced senses. I don't know why people think that if you believe in evolution then you can't believe in a god or a greater power. A mystical person may in fact have created the universe and all of the living creatures and those creatures naturally evolve.

I think he means that this is a topic that can't end well :lol: and is choosing not to "take the bait".

I know I wasn't even replying to him. :p

That's just what I had to say about the topic.

I hope this doesn't get to out of hand, but if it does I'm gonna stay out of it in the future because I'm not trying to preach!

Another evolution vs creationism thread? I don't subscribe to the whole thing of one being absolutely exclusive from/to the other.

Heresy! Burn me at the stake. Oh noes.

But the pedantic evolutionists will say "God of the gaps fallacy!"

Can't really prove or disprove a negative. So most people will "wait and see" regardless of their belief or opinion either way.

I shouldn't have voted since I actually believe in creation AND evolution.

That is a contradiction. You can NOT believe in both.

Evolution states clearly that we are descendants of apes (hell...we are apes).

Creation states clearly that God made Adam out of dirt/clay and Eve of one of Adams ribs. Quite a contradiction.

Living things are constantly evolving, but why are we living and on this planet in the first place? People always mention the big bang theory, but what happened before that? And what about before that? The Super Duper Old Republic obviously.

We are living here because we are lucky as hell. But you need to know, that as soon the planet was suited for life, it emerged. The HOW is still open, but the door is closing slowly (primeordial soup or transpermia are very promising). As soon as life was here, Evolution was too.

Now..Big Bang and evolution are two different fields. And before the Big Bang is irrelevant because we do not know (yet). And to impose some supernatural thingy. Infinite regression is the word.

There might be a interesting theory around how our universe came into existence. From Nothing.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Universe_from_Nothing

I have read it, and if i have understood 50% of it..it was a lot. Not the english but the actual content >.>

Edit: I had the same kind of threat running somewhere else, and there 3 people voted for actual creation o_O

Creation states clearly that God made Adam out of dirt/clay and Eve of one of Adams ribs. Quite a contradiction.

Actually the Bible states the above. Creation merely is the term for someone of a religious belief that Supreme being created the universe. Your claim also ignores the fact many Christians don't take then first chapters of Genesis literally, indeed whatever else maybe said it is written in the form of a Hebrew poem.

As for the matter at hand, I would argue that "Creation" is an entirely different matter to Evolution. Evolution being true neither confirms nor denies if there is a Contingent being who created the universe.

Actually the Bible states the above. Creation merely is the term for someone of a religious belief that Supreme being created the universe. Your claim also ignores the fact many Christians don't take then first chapters of Genesis literally, indeed whatever else maybe said it is written in the form of a Hebrew poem.

As for the matter at hand, I would argue that "Creation" is an entirely different matter to Evolution. Evolution being true neither confirms nor denies if there is a Contingent being who created the universe.

Creation I believe is just being used to mean either a supreme being who created life on Earth in its present form (option 2) or one who created the universe, but then left it up to the evolutionary process to create the diversity in life we see now (option 3).

Creation I believe is just being used to mean either a supreme being who created life on Earth in its present form (option 2) or one who created the universe, but then left it up to the evolutionary process to create the diversity in life we see now (option 3).

I find it strange we are only left with 3 options... Regardless it's things such as "natural design" which go "up" against evolution usually -certainly the OP seems to only be taking into account Christian creation myths and disregarding all the other religions... Incidentally the Roman Catholic Church accepted into Dogma evolution in 1947.

I find it strange we are only left with 3 options... Regardless it's things such as "natural design" which go "up" against evolution usually -certainly the OP seems to only be taking into account Christian creation myths and disregarding all the other religions... Incidentally the Roman Catholic Church accepted into Dogma evolution in 1947.

you want what? All the different creation stories that are around there. Go and fetch them. I took the one that influences my culture the most.

Mind to explain natural design?

you want what? All the different creation stories that are around there. Go and fetch them. I took the one that influences my culture the most.

I don't need to. You stated;

That is a contradiction. You can NOT believe in both.

Evolution states clearly that we are descendants of apes (hell...we are apes).

It is NOT a contradiction to believe both, as they are entirely different questions... But despite that, the Roman Catholic Church adopted into it's beliefs an acceptance in 1947 that Evolution is correct - so that's a belief that God created the Universe and everything in it, and then life evolved on this planet.

Why? I don't believe it; I was just pointing out it was one of many other theories... More than your 3 options.

actually it's called Intelligent Design.

It is a belief that god shapes evolution. Gives it a nudge.

No reason creation and evolution cannot exist along side each other. That is what is known as a false dichotomy.

By the way, modern evolutionary theory is that apes and man had a common ancestor, not that we evolved from apes.

Your claim also ignores the fact many Christians don't take then first chapters of Genesis literally, indeed whatever else maybe said it is written in the form of a Hebrew poem.

Exactly. One needs to take into account the type of narrative the Genesis includes and the purpose of its story. I don't think it was ever meant to be taken literally, but merely to make an allegory to the relation between Men and God.

And as already stated on this thread, the two concepts are not exclusive to each other.

Archived