Home

Favorite Star Wars Series

Sith Sizzle

What is your favorite Star Wars video game series?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Star Wars video game series?

• Battlefront
    • Empire at War
    • The Force Unleashed
    • Galactic Battlegrounds
    • Galaxies
    • Jedi Knight
    • Knights of the Old Republic
    • Lego Star Wars
    • The Old Republic
    • Racer
    • Rebel Assault
    • Rogue Sqaudron
    • Starfighter
    • X-Wing

What is your favorite Star Wars video game series?

This does not include games based on any of the movies or TV shows since they include multiple titles based on each, but are all individual releases. I know there are many games on plenty of systems dating back to the 80's, but I'm only including original titles that are part of a series, meaning they have more than one game.

It's so hard for me to choose a favorite, because I have so many great memories with most of these games. My "favorite" changes daily. I loved playing SWGB and JK1 way back when on MSN Gaming Zone, spent countless nights playing SWBF 1 and 2 splitscreen with my friends on the Xbox (I occasionally still do, I got my girlfriend hooked), played my first MMO (besides Runescape) with SWG , and became downright addicted to EP1: Racer.

I'll choose KOTOR today. It brought the same wonder and excitement the movies did. Its one of the first games I ever remember becoming engrossed in, and IMO it has stood the test of time. Its the RPG I hold all other RPGs to, and in a way its one of the first things I think of when I think Star Wars.

Didn't we have like a dozen of these threads already?

Gotta go with KotOR, as always.

We have dozens of threads about everything, all several years old. There is a few month old thread similar to this one however, although it just lists random games while mine lists every single Star Wars game series. Instead of doing a no-no and posting on a dead thread I've been thinking of posts to make such as this one to try and bring some activity back to the forum.

KotOR: The best. Because it was so original and cool, even though it's based on the earlier Tales of the Jedi comic (my favorite comics ever) it did it's own thing, and the fact that we are still here talking about it over a decade later is a testament to that :) I think Bioware taking a best selling game so far from the source material (time-line) opened the gate for the rest of licensing to push for something other than Original trilogy centric products, and made the EU much more legitimate than the Novels ever could. (as a side note my other favorite comic ever, is called shadows and Light from a Dark Horse Star Wars: Tales #23. It's a fully realised story of the exploits of Duron Qel-Droma and his counterparts that you read about on the Datapad you find in the cave on Korriban (ignore the front cover of the comic, thats one of the other stories in issue) check it out)

The Old Republic: I have several 55's, but there is still something missing for me, it doesn't give me the same feelings KotOR, SWG, JK and TFU did.

Voted for Battlefront since I actually like both games a lot, even though none of them is my favourite Star Wars game.

P.S: How are EaW, Galaxies and TOR considered game series?

All three of them because of their expansion packs. That technically classifies them as series even if the expansions are not full fledged games.

Many expansion packs add entirely new campaigns.

Archived