Home

Kotor Save Editor - Version 3.3.6

Download

Changes in 3.3.7:

1. 1. Fixed issues introduced in 3.3.6...
  2. 2. Added an external INI-Generator from Chev Chelios.

Changes in 3.3.6:

1. 1. Added the ability to edit Cloud saves from KotOR 2's new Steam Update...
  2. 2. Added a .ini file.

Changes in 3.3.5:

1. 1. Added ability to edit currently-equipped equipment, though the character needs to have the ability to do so in-game, as far as feats and gender.
  2. 2. Seem to have fixed the issues with quests not showing up properly in KSE. For example, M4-78 EP quests...

Changes in 3.3.4:

1. 1. Added support for Trex's mod The Jedi Masters (TJM) as a separate Kotor 2 installation.
  2. 2. Apply as Enter -- The same thing that happens when you hit the apply button, now also happens with the Enter key as well for most text boxes.
  3. 3. Scrolling!!! - The scrollboxes for the Feats, Powers, .etc have notepad-like scrolling(hit the mouse wheel).
  4. 4. Adjustable Stack Size! -- I've added a text box when adding items to the Inventory. You will still need to use the Add Items button, and you will have to enter a number before adding the item.
  5. 5. Inventory stack editing -- I've restored some cut buttons that added and subtracted 1 off of the stack size. I then added +/- 5 and +/- 10 buttons.
  6. 6. Faster start-up -- I've shuffled around when KSE finds and loads up your .2da info. Now it'll do it when you first click on the respective branch.
  7. 7. Static inventory -- Instead of loading the inventory warehouse for each saved game, KSE loads one warehouse per game type(K1, TSL, and TJM) the first time and keeps the warehouse in memory.
  8. 8. And last of all, RELOADING!!!!! -- I've added options on the right-click menu for both the Game, and each saved game, to reload the data for all saved games/the selected saved game, respectively.*

*: This means that you can make a change, fire up the game, load the save, progress and change something, save, and reload the save with the new data in KSE, WITHOUT RESTARTING KSE...

Now, there are some pitfalls still.

1. Don't click on the top entry in the available items window; you will still get an error.

2. When using the +/- buttons to edit the stack size, you need to use one of the plus buttons before the - ones will activate;annoying, but I tried to fix it. Maybe that's why they were cut...

Have fun with this, guys, and know that I enjoyed/hated/had fun working on this for you guys!

Please report any bugs/nuisances/suggestions to me.

P.S: I've made the logging more user-friendly, and made it happen in two .txt documents stored in the same folder as KSE. One, called KSE_Log.txt, is for everyday use of KSE. The other, KSE_Error.txt is only used when you get a dialogue box talking about a TK::ERROR.

P.P.S: From my KSE Read-me:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

If you just want to use the new features without Trex's mod "The Jedi Masters"

installed, just use kse_334.exe.

If you choose to use support for the mod by Trex titled "The Jedi Masters",

simply run the kse_334tjm.exe file. You will need a Registry Entry for the mod,

so I've included a .reg file. It assumes the path will be a copied installation of

Kotor 2 titled TJM. The path the .reg file will enter by default is: C:\Progam Files\LucasArts\TJM,

and the .exe, instead of being named swkotor2, is marked as TJM. The path can be changed,

but the name of the .exe can't; this was to avoid any issues in the verification of the

game.

KSE just tests if the file is in the TJM directory; simply copy and rename swkotor2.exe and you're fine.

If the default path for the .reg file doesn't match where you have the TJM directory, then right-click on

the .reg file, select 'edit', and the file will open in Notepad. Hit Ctrl + F, enter "Path", hit Enter. Now,

change the path that comes after the = sign. Remember: Enclose the path in "", and for every '\' in your path

make sure it reads '\\' in the .reg file.

Also, I'm willing to expand it as needed; for example, when RoR is done.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Please, do the alternate version of save editor 3.3.4 for other languages of game.

Sorry for the late reply, DartWraith!

I will begin on that. Would you, or anybody else, mind beta-testing it? I fell into the trap of not doing so this last time. I thought it'd work fine, since it did on my machine, but it really shouldn't have been done that way. If anybody wants to volunteer for beta-testing, regardless of which language you're running the game in, please PM me, okay?

I have the games installed through Steam. Steam doesn't make registry entries for the KoTOR games, however kse-3.3.3 allowed you find them manually. For the number of times I might use kse during a game this wasn't a big deal. Your new version doesn't allow you to search and just bails when it can't find the game directories. Can this be fixed? If not I guess I'll just have to dig up the info on how to add the games to the registry. Probably just keep using 3.3.3 since it was doing everything I needed.

Nice to see that you updated the editor. Hope to see some more tools from you.

joe

I have the games installed through Steam. Steam doesn't make registry entries for the KoTOR games, however kse-3.3.3 allowed you find them manually. For the number of times I might use kse during a game this wasn't a big deal. Your new version doesn't allow you to search and just bails when it can't find the game directories. Can this be fixed? If not I guess I'll just have to dig up the info on how to add the games to the registry. Probably just keep using 3.3.3 since it was doing everything I needed.

Nice to see that you updated the editor. Hope to see some more tools from you.

joe

Oh. Well, I checked the code and I forgot to implement a boolean check. I've updated it now. To test it, I took out my registry keys and then ran KSE, then put them back in afterwards. I've updated the link in the yellow message in the first post.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got around to trying you're all new and improved 3.3.4 :) and it works great. Thanks. I do like some of the little extras you've put into the tool (eg. adding more parts, the different increments you can add without having to manually change the value in the apropriate field, etc.) It's definitely worth the upgrade from 3.3.3.

joe

Finally got around to trying you're all new and improved 3.3.4 :) and it works great. Thanks. I do like some of the little extras you've put into the tool (eg. adding more parts, the different increments you can add without having to manually change the value in the apropriate field, etc.) It's definitely worth the upgrade from 3.3.3.

joe

Thanks for the positive feedback, Joe! I'm glad you like it. In all honesty, the part that got me started on hacking through the source code, adding in TJM support, is having issues and not working... Ironic, anyone? :)

But the biggest improvement by far, I think, was making it possible to re-load the save data without having to restart KSE. It makes modding easier too!

KSE is having trouble finding my TSL directory. It finds all my K1 saves with no trouble, but even after running as admin and pointing KSE to my TSL folder, still no dice. If it's worth noting I bought both games via Steam.

Edit: I also just remembered I'm using a cracked .exe for TSL. Not a pirate, hell I've bought the damn game three times now; it's needed for widescreen. Could that be the issue?

KSE is having trouble finding my TSL directory. It finds all my K1 saves with no trouble, but even after running as admin and pointing KSE to my TSL folder, still no dice. If it's worth noting I bought both games via Steam.

Edit: I also just remembered I'm using a cracked .exe for TSL. Not a pirate, hell I've bought the damn game three times now; it's needed for widescreen. Could that be the issue?

Actually, the issue is that KSE looks in the Windows Registry for the game paths. I'm assuming that you don't have registry entries, because Steam doesn't make them for the install...

What you want to do is copy this into notepad, change the path to wherever you installed TSL, and then save it as a .reg file; after that, click on it and select "yes" when it asks you to merge the file:

Show spoiler
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LucasArts\KotOR2]
"Installing Name"="Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords"
"GUID"="{629F65FB-7F3C-4D66-A1C0-20722744B7B6}"
"LastInstalledVersion"=dword:00000001
"Path"="C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\SWKotOR2"
"Language"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LucasArts\KotOR2\SecuROM]
"ADMIN_RIGHTS"="No administrator rights. Please logon as an administrator."
"AUTH_TIMEOUT"="Unable to authenticate original disc within time limit."
"NO_DISC"="Please insert the Star Wars(R) Knights of the Old Republic(R) II Play disc."
"NO_DRIVE"="No CD/DVD-ROM drive found."
"TITLEBAR"="Star Wars(R) Knights of the Old Republic(R) II: The Sith Lords(TM)"
"WRONG_DISC"="Please insert the Star Wars(R) Knights of the Old Republic(R) II Play disc."

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LucasArts\KotOR2\SWUpdate]

Okay, so I have the notepad doc open, is there anything specific I should name it? And where do I put it?

Nowhere specific and no special names. Just replace my path with your path and save it. Make sure to select "All Files" for the filetype and then save it with a .reg extension.

After that, just go to where you saved it and double-click it.

Didn't work :(

Should I replace the single \'s in mine with double ones like in yours? (C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\SWKotOR2)

Yes, that is required. It has to do with how the computer reads the file.

EDIT: Also try using this instead:

Show spoiler
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LucasArts]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LucasArts\KotOR2]
"Installing Name"="Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords"
"GUID"="{629F65FB-7F3C-4D66-A1C0-20722744B7B6}"
"LastInstalledVersion"=dword:00000001
"Path"="C:\\Program Files\\LucasArts\\SWKotOR2"
"Language"=dword:00000000

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LucasArts\KotOR2\SecuROM]
"ADMIN_RIGHTS"="No administrator rights. Please logon as an administrator."
"AUTH_TIMEOUT"="Unable to authenticate original disc within time limit."
"NO_DISC"="Please insert the Star Wars(R) Knights of the Old Republic(R) II Play disc."
"NO_DRIVE"="No CD/DVD-ROM drive found."
"TITLEBAR"="Star Wars(R) Knights of the Old Republic(R) II: The Sith Lords(TM)"
"WRONG_DISC"="Please insert the Star Wars(R) Knights of the Old Republic(R) II Play disc."

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LucasArts\KotOR2\SWUpdate]

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm trying to edit my Iphone version of KOTOR and KSE 3.3.3 works! However, I can't edit feats and was hoping it'd be fixed in 3.3.4 however it wouldn't load for my PC (windows XP). No errors in the logs just notes the savegame location and that's it. Also, I've got no installation of KOTOR 1 or 2 on the PC. Is there a way to work around it?

Hi,

I'm trying to edit my Iphone version of KOTOR and KSE 3.3.3 works! However, I can't edit feats and was hoping it'd be fixed in 3.3.4 however it wouldn't load for my PC (windows XP). No errors in the logs just notes the savegame location and that's it. Also, I've got no installation of KOTOR 1 or 2 on the PC. Is there a way to work around it?

Firstly, did you read the yellow update in the first post and grab the .exe from it?

Also, are there any message boxes that say something about not finding saved games?

Firstly, did you read the yellow update in the first post and grab the .exe from it?

Also, are there any message boxes that say something about not finding saved games?

Yes, I tried that as well. It says unable to find the saved games and terminates.

Yes, I tried that as well. It says unable to find the saved games and terminates.

It's because KSE checks the Windows Registry for the games and finds the saves based on the registry path...

It's a small flaw in the whole process, but I can't really correct the saved games issue until I know of a definite way of finding the games on a different platform.

For example, how does a Mac keep track of installed programs, and I don't even know jack about the IPhone and games...

The best advice I can offer is to install the games on the PC and then transfer your saved games from your IPhone(with any modded files from the override) to your PC using USB. You might alternately be able to just transfer the whole game to the PC, but I'm not sure about legal issues...

• 4 weeks later...

I guess I'm being illegal?

I installed it to my PC with all the patches and tslrm 1.8.2 and packed the entire game folder 7z ultra comp sfx and ported it to my laptop so no registry entry there. (I mostly play it on my laptop and carry my mods on a usb) Besides I don't have admin rights on the registry. I can try to add the .reg s later but right now it's late as all heck, gonna nap. x3

I guess I'm being illegal?

I installed it to my PC with all the patches and tslrm 1.8.2 and packed the entire game folder 7z ultra comp sfx and ported it to my laptop so no registry entry there. (I mostly play it on my laptop and carry my mods on a usb) Besides I don't have admin rights on the registry. I can try to add the .reg s later but right now it's late as all heck, gonna nap. x3

Did you install it to the default location? If so, I can just export my registry entry and PM it to you...

You mean C:\Program Files\Lucasarts\SWKotOR2? The Yes :p

On the other hand, I have the Game like so on my Desktop

(Folder Setup)

-SWKotOR2 Files

--BackupOverride

--KGSE (kse 3.3.3)

--SkypePortable

--SWKotOR2 (the actual game itself)

then 2 shortcuts one for the game and one for kse :p

• 1 month later...

Just a suggestion so this version can be used to mod the iOS version is to simply check the files it contains are the save files like v3.3.3 does. So this means have us simply extract it to our desktop and go from there. Saving you time to try and comprehend the iOS folder system. and realistically you could only probably attempt to do that on Jailbroken devices. Would be greatly appreciated seeing as I don't own the PC version to install it to loophole your registry check...

Archived