Home

Kotor Save Editor - Version 3.3.6

Just a suggestion so this version can be used to mod the iOS version is to simply check the files it contains are the save files like v3.3.3 does. So this means have us simply extract it to our desktop and go from there. Saving you time to try and comprehend the iOS folder system. and realistically you could only probably attempt to do that on Jailbroken devices. Would be greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately, that wouldn't work.:(

You see, KSE loads the stuff like the portraits, appearances, Inventory, feats,powers, classes, and journal entries from the .2da and .jrl files, which can be in the override folder or in the data folder inside .bif archives...

But I don't know how the game is installed on an iOS device, so I can't check for the files. For instance, does the installer allow you pick a path to install it too, and if so, how is this stored in the iOS's system?

If I had that, then I could get somewhere...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This explains a bit. As for how its installed. This is how the iOS system works. All applications from the Appstore are installed into this folder /var/mobile/Applications

The game folder name is always some random digits and numbers. This never stays the same. So every time its reinstalled this is changed. There is a way to make it tell you what the app truly is. I suppose it checks inside each of them and reads info from iTunesMetadata.plist I am not truly knowledgeable in that area. You would have to speak to jailbreak devs about that. Anyway what you just told me has indicated another problem. The file types you mentioned do not exist whatsoever in the app. The file types are different which I suppose is not quite surprising. Can you tell me some files the editor calls to get the information it needs. perhaps the files still may exist just using a different filetype.

This explains a bit. As for how its installed. This is how the iOS system works. All applications from the Appstore are installed into this folder /var/mobile/Applications

The game folder name is always some random digits and numbers. This never stays the same. So every time its reinstalled this is changed. There is a way to make it tell you what the app truly is. I suppose it checks inside each of them and reads info from iTunesMetadata.plist I am not truly knowledgeable in that area. You would have to speak to jailbreak devs about that. Anyway what you just told me has indicated another problem. The file types you mentioned do not exist whatsoever in the app. The file types are different which I suppose is not quite surprising. Can you tell me some files the editor calls to get the information it needs. perhaps the files still may exist just using a different filetype.

Off the top of my head:

From the override folder, or by default the data folder's archives:

appearance.2da

portraits.2da

feat.2da(This one could be hardcoded, since we can't add new feats...)

spells.2da

soundset.2da

gender.2da(Also could be hardcoded)

classes.2da(Also could be hardcoded, if necessary)

global.jrl

From the savegame folders:

partytable.res

globalvars.res

savenfo.res

savegame.sav

Also, try looking for .sig files; they XBox used them...

The savegame files are the same hence why v3.3.3 is capable of editing to some extent. Just stuff like feats,quests is not editable which as you explained it loads other files for this data. Hmmmm have not found any files with those names. I am guessing .2da is an archive format? As sounds are .wav files in 3 folders streamsounds,streammusic,and streamwaves. the other folders that could contain the files are data,lips,modules,movies,override,rims,and texturepacks. data catches my attention because it contains a file called 2da.bzf and files similar in name to what you said above, that could be what you want. the override folder contains .gui,tga,and .dlg files

• 4 weeks later...

Hey! I was that guy from the other thread! thank you for you hasty reply! I came here and downloaded this newer version per your request. Here I encountered a new problem! when i try to run this, it says "libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll is missing from my computer, try reinstall". that is followed by a message talking about a "PATH". that's all greek to me. i've reinstalled it several times and nil. I'm begining to think the problem is with my pc. any advice?

never mind. i accidentally deleted all my save files... I'm not going to play the game for another few months. thank you for your help and keep up the good work!

As in permanently deleted them?

You can go to the Recycle bin from the Desktop and restore the save games, by highlighting them all and then right-clicking, then hitting Restore.

As to the issue of the files, you need to get this: http://www.mediafire.com/?z0bbudrndbtq1e3

And then use the file from the green text section.

• 1 month later...

for the kse 3.3.4 where do i put the tjm.reg i jut found what the jedi masters was and i want to use the kse for it so i can be awsomemus, i figured out how to use the kse 3.3.4 i just dont know how to have it verify that TJM is installed. ps. i had to download the zip files not the exe file because the exe was not working

for the kse 3.3.4 where do i put the tjm.reg i jut found what the jedi masters was and i want to use the kse for it so i can be awsomemus, i figured out how to use the kse 3.3.4 i just dont know how to have it verify that TJM is installed. ps. i had to download the zip files not the exe file because the exe was not working

The .reg file has to be added to the Windows Registry. You can do so by double-clicking the .reg file, after changing the path in Notepad and saving as "tjm.reg"(DON'T forget the quote marks!).

• 2 weeks later...

Just quoting myself since I have the same problem with KSE 3.3.4.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=123671&page=30

KSE is not registering my force points right. I maxed out every skill and attribute. But my force points are still at 40. and I'm already at the highest level in game.
I have the same problem. Just started playing Kotor1 again and KSE locked my force points to 40.

What I discovered is that "Force Points" and "MaxForce Points" are changed to "ForcePoints and MaxForcePoints" after hitting apply. So maybe there is a typo within KSE?

I uninstalled to update tslrcm 1.8.3 and droid planet and now kse won't work. 3.3.4 has the "libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll is missing error. I tried going back to 3.3.3 but it will not open at all even if I run as administrator. I deleted everything including mods but still didn't help. Steam/retail version both have the same problem.

I uninstalled to update tslrcm 1.8.3 and droid planet and now kse won't work. 3.3.4 has the "libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll is missing error. I tried going back to 3.3.3 but it will not open at all even if I run as administrator.

Did you get the original .zip file at the bottom of the Original Post? You'll need that, plus the download from the yellow text.

Also, which version of the game are you using? Steam, Collection, Original 4-Disc?

Did you get the original .zip file at the bottom of the Original Post? You'll need that, plus the download from the yellow text.

Also, which version of the game are you using? Steam, Collection, Original 4-Disc?

You mean the download with the tjm also? yes. And I have tried with steam and 4-disc. (3.3.3 was working with steam)

You mean the download with the tjm also? yes. And I have tried with steam and 4-disc. (3.3.3 was working with steam)

Can you post the contents of KSE_Log.txt? It should be in the same directory as KSE 3.3.4. Also, the .dll files in the .zip need to be in the same directory as KSE 3.3.4.

• 2 weeks later...

It works well 1.8.3 Patched TSLRCM , but there is minor glitch in quests when i use it used with latest version M4-78 mod.

There quest field has a bug becuse name does not show, instead its blank field. Kinda like

-

-

-

Although clicking on it does show the M4-78 quests.

Please do fix it. Thanks

It works well 1.8.3 Patched TSLRCM , but there is minor glitch in quests when i use it used with latest version M4-78 mod.

There quest field has a bug becuse name does not show, instead its blank field. Kinda like

-

-

-

Although clicking on it does show the M4-78 quests.

Please do fix it. Thanks

Which version of M4-78 are you using, the original or the EP?

Also, which language is the game installed as?

It's kinda hard for me to fix something with only vague information. Also, do the names show up in-game?

Which version of M4-78 are you using, the original or the EP?

Also, which language is the game installed as?

It's kinda hard for me to fix something with only vague information. Also, do the names show up in-game?

Yes , names shows up fine while playing the game.

I'm using KOTOR 2 - 4 cd version , English language

TSLRCM 1.83 (127.44 MB)

M4-78EP (Patched) - (586.05 MB)

All the quests from TSLRCM and main game shows up fine. Its just a minor issue with M4-78 planet quest.

I have enclosed 2 pics which refers to quest "radiation Leak" , they should explain this issue much better.

https://dyp.im/UBMOaGCErw

https://dumpyourphoto.com/photo/E7dpcrP4NP

Nothing Fair Strides can do about that.

It was the same in TSLRCM until we moved new questentries from there from globals.jrl to the dialog.tlk, but that's just unfeasible for M4-78EP, so it modifies globals.jrl and thus provides that result using KSE...

Ohh ok. Thanks for the reply HH.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for this update, but I have an issue. I just restarted playing TSL again a few days ago and am using this program. Whenever I exit the game and come back the next day and use KSE again I have to locate the TSL directory every time. Even the pop up for TJM keeps appearing. Any idea what to do on both things?

Thanks for this update, but I have an issue. I just restarted playing TSL again a few days ago and am using this program. Whenever I exit the game and come back the next day and use KSE again I have to locate the TSL directory every time. Even the pop up for TJM keeps appearing. Any idea what to do on both things?

If you are using the 4CD version of the game, then I don't know what to say about having to find TSL every time. If you're using a different version, then I believe it is because you don't have any entries in the Windows Registry for TSL, which the program relies on to find the directory. You should be able to edit the TJM.reg file and change the Path to where you installed TSL. Also, while editing it, change every instance of:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LucasArts\TJM]

to

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LucasArts\KotOR2]

Also, to get around the second thing, if you can spare the space, make a directory somewhere, name it TJM, and copy the following to it from the TSL directory:

• the data folder,
  • the texturepacks folder,
  • the SWKotOR2.exe,
  • the chitin.key,
  • and the dialog.tlk.

You should only need the 2DA.bif from the data folder. Then in the TJM folder, rename the SWKotOR2.exe to TJM.exe. After this, change the path in TJM.reg to this folder, and change all instances of:

back to

After this, you should be good to go. If not, please let me know.

If you are using the 4CD version of the game, then I don't know what to say about having to find TSL every time. If you're using a different version, then I believe it is because you don't have any entries in the Windows Registry for TSL, which the program relies on to find the directory. You should be able to edit the TJM.reg file and change the Path to where you installed TSL. Also, while editing it, change every instance of:

to

Also, to get around the second thing, if you can spare the space, make a directory somewhere, name it TJM, and copy the following to it from the TSL directory:

• the data folder,
  • the texturepacks folder,
  • the SWKotOR2.exe,
  • the chitin.key,
  • and the dialog.tlk.

You should only need the 2DA.bif from the data folder. Then in the TJM folder, rename the SWKotOR2.exe to TJM.exe. After this, change the path in TJM.reg to this folder, and change all instances of:

back to

After this, you should be good to go. If not, please let me know.

Thanks for responding! I am using the Steam version. Should I still try your steps for it?

• 4 months later...

So, I try to launch it for KOTOR1, and it just instantly closes, no error.

Any ideas? I'm running on Windows 8.1, and running it as an administrator.

All the log file says is that it found the save games folder

Also side note, at least for KOTOR1, Steam adds registry keys now.

Archived