Home

X or Y

Canderis

Which should I get?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Which should I get?

Doesn't really matter... which of the front cover Legendaries do you want? And which of the few game exclusive Pokemon do you want? http://au.ign.com/wikis/pokemon-x-y/Pokemon_X_and_Y_Version_Differences

Aside from that, same deal, same game with some very minor differences. It's more tradition now to have different versions than anything else now because you'll easily be able to "Catch 'em all!" with the online trading, etc.

As Lynk Former mentioned, there aren't many difference except the version exclusives. I have X, so if you end up getting Y and want the version exclusives, feel free to PM me. Always glad to help another LFer out.

Definitely get one of them though, it's a heck of a game.

Lynk Former pretty much said it all. Choose which legendary Pokémon you like better and pick that version. If you can't decide between the two, then look at the version exclusive Pokémon from each and pick the version that has the most that you like.

Or you could just wait and buy Pokémon Z!

Besides Pokémon Black 2/Pokémon White 2, Game Freak has always made an enhanced version of the games in each generation. I'm just guessing of course, but since there is X and Y it seems probable that there will be a Z. It's the only letter left!

• 2 months later...
Then you're in for a long time taking. The gap between the first two gyms is overwhelmingly massive and highly unusual for gym distribution.

That sounds nice to me. I generally spend around 250 hours on a single runthrough of a Pokémon game. I've heard post-game is sparse this go-around, though.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived