Home

What mod was that?

LancerChronics

I decided to create one of these threads (so I don't end up posting 50,000 new thread).

Basically, post details about a mod you don't remember where to find. Maybe, with luck, someone else will know.

So, for me:

I remember an amazing NPC visual enhancement mod for TSL. The quality of the textures, were amazing! But I can't seem to re-find the mod. The biggest detail I can remember was handmaiden's all-white robes were altered to have a Pale Blue Stripe down the middle segment, and Visas's robes were modified to look a little darker. (I think the chest portion was made black). if I could even remember the author, I might be able to find the mod.

Oddly, it is easy to find the mod in THIS screenshot:

http://screenshots.filesnetwork.com/68/files2/41143_1.jpg

(found on "Handmaiden Choice for Females")

Comments in the bottom suggest that it used to be found on lucasfiles...but no mod name, or authors (as I can tell).

I do remember the guy made a lot of other mods that were amazing.

Two mods come to mind as possibilities...

The Final Touch by Oldflash or The Veridian Echo by Torthane - let me know if you can't find a download link for them. I have both on my harddrive but IIRC they are pretty big.

Veridian Echo! That's IT! I saw final touch, too, and remembered that one as well. But I kept think that the mod i was looking for had something to do with the color "Green". Was driving me nuts, since there's no green in handmaidens robe. But veridian echo sounds 100% spot on. No trouble finding it after a quick google. Thank you!

Now I remember I have to go through and pull out all the parts i like from each mod.

Actualy...its just very similar...VE uses a grey stripe...the blue stripe turned out to be a part of Stoffe's "Different Handmaiden Appearance" v1.1. interestingly, I managed to dig it out of an internet archive! (though now i realize that his actual site still functions)

maidennew.jpg

Agh! I've been looking at mods for too long I think. Now a mod I saw no more than 6 hours ago is proving impossible to find again.

It's the party reskin mod that converts Mira's head into the Female Caucasian PC head (the blonde one with the medium length hair..only its been changed to red.)

I went through skins/mods for KOTOR 2 on filefront twice.... my head hurts.

Edit: GOT IT! Dak's Big skin pack...how did i keep missing this?

Sorry! ANOTHER ONE!

Now, assuming I am not completely mis-remembering... If I want to level up the companions in TSL the way I want, or hold levels for jedi-hood, I need to hold my own levels as well, correct? until I get the companion?

Like for instance: I maintain level 4 until I get Handmaiden, then she will be level 4 when I get her. (If I'm 7, she's 7)

Is there a mod that has new companions join at level 1? I suppose I could KSE it, but all the feats and skill ups would remain, correct? Unless I removed every last one from levels...eek.

Archived