Home

The Outlander Club Favourite Game of 2013

Sabretooth

What is/are your favourite game(s) of 2013?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What is/are your favourite game(s) of 2013?

• Animal Crossing: New Leaf
    • Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
    • Battlefield 4
    • BioShock Infinite
    • Call of Duty Ghosts
    • Dead Space 3
    • Fire Emblem: Awakening
    • Gone Home
    • Grand Theft Auto V
    • Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
    • Rayman: Legends
    • Metro: Last Light
    • Papers, Please
    • Pokémon X & Y
    • Saints Row IV
    • Super Mario 3D World
    • The Last of Us
    • The Stanley Parable
    • Tomb Raider
    • Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies

It's that time of the year again! Where you drink shots of vodka wondering how another year passed and where everything went wrong! It's the Outlander Club Favourite Game of the Year 2013, the most prestigious video games award in the industry!

Please vote for your favorite game of 2013, you can vote for as many as you want, but please limit it to three choices.

Games have mostly been chosen for their popularity and critical success. Since this a multi-platform poll, re-releases and delayed ports have been omitted. Early Access games are omitted, and episodic games that have not been completed are omitted. They get their nominations in the year they are finished.

Past Winners

2010 - Mass Effect 2

Runner-up - Fallout: New Vegas

Rejects (winner Amnesia: The Dark Descent)

2011 - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Runner-up - Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Portal 2

Rejects (winner Dead Space 2)

2012 - Mass Effect 3

Runner-up - Assassin's Creed III

Rejects (No winner)

This can't be right. I just voted for game of 2012... Ugh, how time flies.

Anyway, as always, have only played like 2 games of this whole list, and I went with Tomb Raider over AC4. There's a chance I'd really love The Last of Us and Rayman Legends (games I will definitely try out some time in the future), but can't really vote for stuff I didn't play yet.

From this list I could only pick Saints Row IV and Tomb Raider, since I really enjoyed both those games. I've completely lost interest in the AC franchise after ACIII, so I haven't even bothered playing Black Flag (but I did confirm my suspicion of it being crap by a friend who did play it). Bioshock Infinite is seriously overrated, although story-wise it does have some good ideas and it is visually interesting, but not much more than that.

Out of all those games listed, the only one I'm actually playing so far is BioShock Infinity. I'm waiting for a Metro series sale on Steam, I don't have the Nintendo 3Ds to play Pokemon X and Y (I will soon), Rockstar didn't release GTA V for PC yet so I'll have to wait on that, and The Stanley Parable will be on my Steam collection soon. I have no interest in any of the other games listed. So far though, I'm greatly enjoying BioShock Infinity and consider it to be a vast improvement over BioShock 2. It completely immerses you in its game-world and doesn't let you go until you realize it's dinner time. Probably the best sale purchase I made on Steam yet.

I'll have to get around to playing more games that came out this year though.

When you find perfection, you quit looking around.

Plus it is your fault.

I have looked over the year at a lot of the posts you've made on this game, and I always find myself looking in wonder at my monitor. I really don't see what you do when it comes to SWTOR. I played that from its release to around March, so, like, four months. I just didn't connect with it.

I get it, since I like the game a lot too... but what I don't get it how he is able to do the exact same missions over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again every single day, every single week, every single month, every single year continuously.

It's not like there's a scoring system for each mission with S ranks and all that XD It's amazing to me that he's able to do such repetitive stuff like that in a game.

I get it, since I like the game a lot too... but what I don't get it how he is able to do the exact same missions over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again every single day, every single week, every single month, every single year continuously.

It's not like there's a scoring system for each mission with S ranks and all that XD It's amazing to me that he's able to do such repetitive stuff like that in a game.

Answer you both the same way. Name another game where I can play with Jeff, Kus, Mav, Lynk,Milt, Jarsa and everyone else in TWC or the Meatbags from LF, not to mention the many wonderful people we have meet from CA and CD that merged with TWC. I get annoyed just like everyone else doing the same thing over and over, but for the longest time I did that so I would get better and get geared so that I would not let everyone down when we got into groups for operations. I need to get back that attitude because now if I get bored I don't do it or I will do it with different toons that while different and somewhat fresh, does not get my main ready for operations.

I really didn't connect with the game much either leveling a healer in my first MMO solo was a royal pain. I ready to quit. What connected me to the game was operations and doing them with friends. Not a big fan of doing leveling with groups, had fun leveling toons with Lynk, but it is too difficult to fit schedules so that you can play at the same time. So I still love solo content, but operations are what keep me in the game. Even EV and KP which I have done most likely 100 times are fresh when doing with different players, you always see something new or someone do something stupid for the first time, which is always good for a LOL.

Is that why you do the dailies constantly... by yourself ...for rewards that aren't even useful to any of your toons any more? ;)

The fact that we play with others here from LF wasn't in question... the repetition you go through for all of the stuff that is now pointless to you is what I question when you could be doing other stuff.

So much easier ways of making money XD Play the GTN, you end up getting some good money very quickly and the only effort you exert is by playing the waiting game.

Also, I thought the comms you get from doing ops every week would end up being the best way to gear your alts. I've never actually bought any of that stuff using credits... unless you're buying high level mods off of gtn... which would be totally nuts if you were o.o

Also, I thought the comms you get from doing ops every week would end up being the best way to gear your alts.

I use comms to gear alts, but that gear is usually crappy for the as far as enhancements and mods. Also there is no way to transfer offhand, ear, implants or relics and when I do a operation on a alt, I would rather the gear that drops goes to someone's main or goes to someone's alt that we are more likely to use in a operation. As you know 90% of the ops I go on are on Brem.

I have also played the GTN, but I like making credit killing stuff. Plus I need credits so my toons keep up with the latest styles. Looking good is just as important as being good. :xp: It is a game, I enjoy playing the game. There is no story to most of the dailies. I just running around killing everything I see until I get tired and make some credits, sue me. Guess it is just me missing my first person shooter games from yesteryear.

I know, but you and I do the same thing... I spend money on styles and gearing and all of that, I just don't get how I'm not spending much time doing it and you're on there 24/7 trying to achieve the same goal.

But more seriously and to the point now... I'm starting to think you're developing an MMO addiction. And I'm talking seriously now, I really do think you are since there isn't a moment when you're not playing that game and finding excuses to play that game more.

So, I bought Tomb Raider today in the Steam sale and I've played a good few hours and by lord, it is awful in my not so humble opinion. Boring, simplistic and takes control away from the player far too often.

However, I also bought the BioShock series for £9 on Friday, which I thought was a steal. I didn't really know much about the series except for the hype on Infinite this year and I have finished the first game. Brilliant. Masterpiece. Whatever you wanna say. This series has so far taken my affections this past weekend. Onward to BioShock 2.

Archived