Home

The Outlander Club Favourite Game of 2013

Sabretooth

What is/are your favourite game(s) of 2013?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What is/are your favourite game(s) of 2013?

• Animal Crossing: New Leaf
    • Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
    • Battlefield 4
    • BioShock Infinite
    • Call of Duty Ghosts
    • Dead Space 3
    • Fire Emblem: Awakening
    • Gone Home
    • Grand Theft Auto V
    • Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
    • Rayman: Legends
    • Metro: Last Light
    • Papers, Please
    • Pokémon X & Y
    • Saints Row IV
    • Super Mario 3D World
    • The Last of Us
    • The Stanley Parable
    • Tomb Raider
    • Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies

I actually liked the latest Tomb Raider... it's the first time I've ever actually liked Lara in the entire time she's existed. Plus I'm into games that let me explore on my own, even if they do feature some QTEs... at least it lets me pick a direction and go in that direction to see what's there.

I actually liked the latest Tomb Raider... it's the first time I've ever actually liked Lara in the entire time she's existed. Plus I'm into games that let me explore on my own, even if they do feature some QTEs... at least it lets me pick a direction and go in that direction to see what's there.

I agree. I also loved the cinematic direction they took with the game. Only complaint was that it was too short - I rented it and a few days with it was all that I needed.

Chose the ones I did as wishful thinking. Though I wonder if I should have also selected saint's row IV... (can someone do that addition for me or is it stuck like I've voted?)

As for what I actually played:

I finished Castlevania Order Of Ecclesia recently. A sad but good story. I can tell Shanoa and Albus had some similarities to Final Fantasy characters of past games in their concept designs. The character bios were still pretty original. Their faces were based off...the producer and his wife apparently?

While it's of similar stature to past CV games, I don't mind that too much.

SWTOR: this game certainly has been one I've enjoyed playing for what limited chances I get. Lord Vivicar...was similarly about as difficult as Darth Nihilus on TSL I'd say...ok maybe a little tougher. Haven't finished my character's story, though. But it had a resemblance to the TSL storyline IMO.

While I've tried to ignore Heroics and Flashpoints, it provides something to do in the downtime. Got some good gear from it. Not sure why

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
I couldn't speak to Revan in the aftermath of rescuing him?
But no matter.

The only troubles I've had is keeping gear up to par. It's just so expensive getting new mods every level for adaptive armor. Even with comms it's still kind of tough. Plus having two cargo hold bays, one mostly full of adaptive armor and the other for crafting materials. It's tricky to manage when your character doesn't make a whole lot of money.

It's all been fun. Yes, even squeaking by and learning about how to deal on the GTN.

Learning about my class and its specializations. Chatting with other players. Seeing some of the amazing designs other characters have made. Learning little hidden secrets within a profession. Getting ranks within a guild.

Seeing all the various references to other SW material.

As far as MMO goes, if it had been anything else I might not have enjoyed it.

This was the year of the "no great stand out game" for me, also it was the year of "weee kickstarter, weeee".

Anyways, here's my list.

Most crazy genre mixing and biggest positive surprise of the year: Dragon Commander.

RTS+RPG+Turn based in between missions+ collecting cards+Politics+ third person dragon combat.

It really shouldn't work but it does, also, you play as a Dragon, a Dragon damnit.

Most interesting and original setting: Expeditions Conquistador.. Playing as an expedition into central america just before Cortez got there is a lot more interesting than going to space or slaying dragons again.

Lots of other games were good, but those two are the standouts for me.

• 1 month later...

Archived