Home

The Outlander Club Favourite Game of 2013: Reject Edition

Sabretooth

Favourite game(s) of the year that were just not too mainstream!  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite game(s) of the year that were just not too mainstream!

• Batman: Arkham Origins
    • Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons
    • Company of Heroes 2
    • Crysis 3
    • DmC: Devil May Cry
    • Don't Starve
    • Dota 2
    • Europa Universalis IV
    • Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
    • Gran Turismo 6
    • Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
    • Need for Speed Rivals
    • Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
    • Path of Exile
    • Pikmin 3
    • Total War: Rome II
    • Rocksmith 2014 Edition
    • Shadowrun Returns
    • Skylanders: Swap Force
    • State of Decay

A discerning gamer like yourself wouldn't care for the "commercial and critical success" of all those mainstream titles in the in the main thread. You deserve something special. Something... rejected.

As with the main thread, vote for up to 3 games.

If your favourite game is still missing, mention it in the thread. A lot of great games were made this year, so if the requests hit around 20, I might just make another poll.

Missing Wonderful 101 for Wii U... it's not mainstream, but damn is it one hell of a game.

Even so, my ultimate choice is Revengeance. It may not be mainstream, but it is hands down one of the BEST games of this generation. Everything about it is so damn good... I'm not usually into character action games, but even I could tell how buttery smooth the gameplay of Revengeance was compared to other games of the genre that I've played.

Platinum did an outstanding job with the game and it continues the story of the Metal Gear universe very well and makes Raiden... so damn cool. Even cooler than anyone has any right to be. As Pat has said "If a few years ago you would've told me that I would think that Raiden is cooler than Dante, I would've punched you right the **** out!"

Gave Arkham Origins and Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons my vote.

AO was a nice surprise that I expected very little from as it was a new studio and I knew I was getting a clone of Arkham City with some added tidbits, a la Assassin's Creed or something. I actually liked it and, although it had its issues on launch, the multiplayer isn't bad. So yeah, that.

I was gonna say To The Moon as I played that just recently but I just realised it was released in 2011. BUT I'M SAYING IT ANYWAY because I thought it was good. F*** the system.

• 1 month later...

Archived