Remi

Biggest bummer of 2013  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Biggest bummer of 2013

• LEC shutting down
    • Mojo covering non-LEC+ games
    • Lack of Mojo podcasts
    • Bill Tiller's failed Kickstarter
    • Telltale seemingly discontinues sale of older games(?)
    • No King's Quest from Telltale

The fact that you recorded a Mojo podcast just after LEC shut down and it's still not up actually made me less :( and more... more... ok, I can't take scrolling through these horrible LucasForums smileys any more, so let's just say it made me enemykd-tomato.gif

Biggest Bummer for me was definitely LucasArts shutting down, I don't care what you say about the way the company was before it closed (and believe me, I have plenty of things to say about that shambling mess with not-so pleasant language) but it was freaking LUCASARTS, they made our childhoods and the complete removal of all hope that they would return to their roots is really sad.

@Huz: Yeah, I was wondering what happened to that podcast, are there any plans to release it at all?

Biggest bummer was the closing of Lucasarts, although that company has been just a shadow if it's former glory after Grim Fandango was released. They could've just closed it in 1999 already...

Other shameful act of the year was the crapping all over redesign of Telltale's website which lead to them of totally destroying their store. Also the forums are not functional anymore.

Biggest bummer of the year? The shameless Disney~LFL money-grab merger solely responsible for the unnecessary new SW trilogy, the demise of LucasArts, and the inevitable Indy reboot movies certain to follow. This is the worst possible scenario ever, and I want absolutely no part of it.

I'm surprised the formal shuttering of LEC would have mattered to so many around here. There was essentially zero impact.

I voted for the cancellation of King's Quest because of this reason. LucasArts has been heading down the publishing and licensing only route for years now. Plus, I was personally tired of getting interested in development projects at LucasArts, only to see them almost inevitably get cancelled.

Honestly, things at LucasArts are looking quite good under Disney. The two casual games we've gotten so far under Disney have been a lot of fun (if it's one thing Disney Interactive is good at, it's tweaking a fun concept to fit with various licensed properties, such as was done with all the Where's My Water spin-offs).

Plus, they announced a return to space combat and the EA licensing deal means that DICE is making a new Star Wars: Battlefront (which is the most logical choice, considering Battlefront was inspired by Battlefield in the first place).

Now that they have the full rights to any future Indiana Jones productions, we'll surely be getting some Indiana Jones games as well.

And, no one knows about the LucasArts game licenses, but their fate has never been clear since Darell Rodriguez left anyway. Hopefully they're interested in licensing those out too (you would think they would be, since it will help them get back some of their 4+ billion dollar investment).

I honestly can't be upset at the Disney purchase when they're managing the company better than has been done since the turn of the millennium.

Archived