Home

Trooper Character

Scorge

Hey guys! I'm not positive if this is the right section for a thread like this but moving on,

I haven't played SWTOR since about June. I just created a new account and bought a subscription. TOR is downloading right now as I speak but I have a question. Which trooper advanced class is best for soloing? I'm leaning towards a Vanguard trooper for solo play (I don't mind getting a group up for heroics but for now I'm looking into solo). So answer up! :D

P.S: I'm going to play on "The Ebon Hawk" server. I am going to play multiple characters which my main one will be the trooper.

Put a toon on the harbinger and you can join most of us in The Walking Carpets. Then you can make fun of Lynk.

I definitely would but for some reason the "West" servers lag me out so much to the point I can't play so much. I will look into it though.

I went through the entire game as a Vanguard tank with Elara by my side. Vanguards are very easy to manage, possibly the easiest advanced class in the game since you can just get right in the middle of a group of enemies and do your thing without worrying about positioning aside from turning in the right direction to fire off your Pulse Cannon.

No need to worry about distance since everything is melee range and if they're not, you still have a tonne of abilities to use while you get into melee range since the Vanguard class has a lot of long/mid/melee range abilities. Just storm in and start tearing **** up while Elara heals you through it.

• 2 weeks later...

If you go combat medic tree on Commando then you don't need to use an assault cannon. I think the only ability you can't use that you might otherwise use is Charged Bolts. If you want to run dps commando as it appears you're doing then yeah, you're pretty much stuck with using an assault cannon.

• 1 month later...

Well I gave up on a Vanguard at lvl 15 and deleted him. So I have a level 53 Sith Juggernaut and a level 26 Jedi Sage. Playing as a tank on my jug (Not too many defensive abilities) I seem to like it a lot so I have a question about the Vanguard. How does it do DPS wise? And should I do body type 2 or 3? :p

Every class in the game is fine leveling DPS wise, all are fine for Flashpoints, SM OPS and provided you know your class HM OPS. Where there may be some issues is if you want to do current NiM Ops (before you are outgearing them). Vanguard right now are lagging on dps. However if you are not worried about high end raiding, the Vanguards are fine, as is every other class in the game.

Haven't played a vangaurd, but figure it is about the same as playing a infiltration shadow, lack some dps compared to slinger or sentinel, but more than make up for it with survivability abilities, defensive cooldowns and interrupts.

Leveling on any class is easy, provided you follow some simple rules.

1. Keep gear within 3 to 5 levels of the level of content (depends on your skill and experience).

2. Keep companion gear up to date (same as above)

3. Interrupt

4. Use defensive cooldowns

5. Don't stand in fire

6. Use CC abilities when you have them (although I no longer do this)

7. Know kill order, weak to elite, but know when to violate the rule, kill the healer or stunner first.

8. Learn your abilities.

Do that and every class is extremely easy.

As to body type, all my toons are Type 1 female, so can't help you there. I like the small body types as they allow me to squeeze into places some other body types can get into.

• 2 months later...
Well I gave up on a Vanguard at lvl 15 and deleted him. So I have a level 53 Sith Juggernaut and a level 26 Jedi Sage. Playing as a tank on my jug (Not too many defensive abilities) I seem to like it a lot so I have a question about the Vanguard. How does it do DPS wise? And should I do body type 2 or 3? :p

Body type really does not matter :D

I mean it really only depends on what you want to have your char look like.

Body type really does not matter :D

I mean it really only depends on what you want to have your char look like.

Body type does matter for obtaining some datacrons. I've encountered a few that could only be reached with body types 1 and 2 - 3 and 4 were too large.

Archived