Home

The One Year Thread 2014: Main Street Electrical Parade Through The Dark Side

edlib

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The only thing worth keeping in the post RotJ EU is Zahn's Heir to the Empire Trilogy. Everything else is trash. Either some thinly veiled Mary Sue character or some super weapon that is going to destroy everything.

There are some things i would LOVE to get trashed, the stupid light saber styles, and the Vong

the vong were interesting...xwing series was good too

Spent the long weekend cleaning and organizing my cellar. Not fun... but it had to be done. Set up some new shelving to help keep it orderly down there.

And it's still only a start... I haven't gone though any of the boxes yet to see if any of it is stuff I actually want or need to keep. I've just been moving them into better locations and throwing away the stuff in the open that's obviously junk.

Next is to tackle the crawl spaces off my bedroom in the attic. That's going to be a long weekend's work in itself.

My main beefs with the X-wing series: Corran Horn is a Mary sue type character. all the space combat mechanics was based of the X-wing games. Limited fuel on X-wings fighters became a plot device.

The Vong: How can a Xenophobic race, that relies on killing a superior to advance, or killing a subordinate to gain favor from the gods, ever possibly have a society that develope space travel? and why the heck would you think you could even possibly negotiate with them?

As mentioned before, Chewbaccas death was stupid and poorly done. RA salvator can do fantasy but he cannot do sci-fi

My main beefs with the X-wing series: Corran Horn is a Mary sue type character.

Corran Horn was kind of a boring character, but his books were still OK. But the X-Wing series really got good under Allston, and I'd hate to see those go.

all the space combat mechanics was based of the X-wing games. Limited fuel on X-wings fighters became a plot device.

The fighters didn't have limited fuel in the games, though. And I don't remember that being a big issue in the books except for the first one, and it didn't seem problematic to me. I may not be remembering everything, though.

I never had any interest in reading the Vong the books, so I don't know about any of that. Thrawn Trilogy was definitely the best of the EU, though. Even the later Thrawn Duology or whatever wasn't that great.

Other than the official novelizations, the first run of Marvel comics, and a few books that came out between the movie releases of the original trilogy (Splinter of the Mind's Eye; Han Solo at Star's End; maybe a couple of others I borrowed but didn't own...) I never bothered much with the EU books, so this doesn't bother me much. And it's not like you can't read the existing books that are already printed... It just means that they may not reprint the ones that directly conflict with the new story lines.

I wonder what this is going to to all the various Wikis and SW database websites out there that try to fit all the universe stuff into a coherent unified canon. Are they going to trash all the old stuff as well? Or will the new and old entries live side by side with a note to the effect of parallel universe branching of the EU?

P.S. - Happy Birthday 15!

:joy:

no, i want to see how vader gets free, what happens to the secret apprentice, and what happens to juno.

And that is why they come out with crap, cause people like you want more crap, just to see what kind of crap it is

In Force Unleashed the main character is dead... so you bring him back to life as a clone in the sequel, and somehow the clone has memories of the original and other plot specific information to move the story along like a 2 year old learning how to drive a stick shift.

Archived