Home

The One Year Thread 2014: Main Street Electrical Parade Through The Dark Side

edlib

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a love/hate relationship with restringing guitars. I love how they sound and feel and play afterwards, and it's always really inspiring! I just hate the process of doing it.

The acoustic sounds great... but I think I'll go for a slightly lighter set next time around. It had lighter strings on it before, and while they didn't sound as good I was liking the way they felt. Maybe I'll just ditch the low E string, add a lighter top E string, and move everything else down one course. I think that would give the zippiness I'm missing now.

got my backpay from the VA for last semester's housing allowance. time to go get xbox one, new pair of running shoes, get my dog his shots, pay off my AR15, and go shopping for a sidearm. :)

games im gonna get for xbox one:

Battlefield 4

Dead Rising 3

Call of Duty Ghosts

:)

No. I'm pretty sure the strings on it were not the original gauge, so they did buzz quite a bit, and it had difficulty staying in tune with them. Both problems disappeared with the restring, so I think I've put the strings back on that it was setup for.

If I do go with a lighter gauge later, then I think I'll have to work on the truss rod and stuff. The bridge is adjustable with a couple of screws, which is nice. I brought the action up a touch yesterday.

ok the downside of the new xbox is that the games are automatically installed from the disc, and this takes a long time...dead rising 3 has this 13gb update on top of that, and it's been a couple hours now and only at 81%, you can play the game while it's installing/updating though up to a point...frustrating...but the load times are really really fast. and by the way battlefield 4 is ****ing amazing.

Went to my nearby Brewing supply store. Bought everything i need to brew beer at home except the bottles. Including ingredients for a Scottish ale. Also the store makes it's own wine. my wife Bought a couple of bottles of port that came in a cute little mesh bag.

After doing some other shopping we came home and started unloading the car. The first thing my wife grabbed was the bottles of port, in the cute little mesh bag. The cute little mesh bag that did not have a strong carrying capacity. The Cute little mesh bag that failed spectacularly and tossed the two bottles of port on the ground and exploding. It was quite depressing.

Called up the store and explained what happened, and they offered to replace them for free. Which meant 30 minute drive out and back. Decided to pick up some more beer and a bottle of rum

land nav class all day long. we had a test, i did much better than i thought i'd do, but still room for improvement. change of command ceremony tomorrow, then gotta train all month for the pt test next month.

dead rising 3 continues to be awesome. :)

The guy at the end of the commercial makes me think of Ed for some reason.

http://youtu.be/jHaeb0O5Oug

Hmmm...

The really odd thing is that I was actually looking for this exact commercial not that long ago. I saw the "making fun of the client, blah blah blah..." part for a second or two while someone was changing channels, and I was curious as to what product that was for.

I've worked on mixing boards just like that one, and we do have that same chair that he's sitting in at work.

In case you didn't know. I know and am good friends with a few Olympians. In the womans curling team I know Ericka Brown, and Debbie McCormick. I also know the alternate on the Mens curling team, Craig Brown who is the younger brother of Erica.

curled with Craig brown back in the early 80s in the Junior program in Madison. my Brother curling with Erica in a few Junior Bonspiels.

I know the Brown's parents even better, steve and diane are incredibly generous and friendly people. I also have played against and with Debbie's dad Wally Henry

and curling started today for the Olympics and i was able to watch the Mens prilimerary as Canada beat Germany in the final end

"Singleton's Inadequacy Reminder Day" is fast approaching! Is everyone prepared? Have you all girded your loins?

Maybe I should try to get a date for it...

Who am I kidding? My chances of scoring a date by then are akin to the odds of attempting to smuggle a live, adult giraffe into the White House undetected. One could put in the heroic effort into the endeavor... but the probability of pulling it off successfully seems catastrophically infinitesimal at this point. :dozey:

Archived