Home

The One Year Thread 2014: Main Street Electrical Parade Through The Dark Side

edlib

So you're a programmer?

Now I'm being serious. In all these years I've known you here.... I.. honestly don't know what you do.

Zoom Rabbit is an inter-dimensional space rabbit... thing. Edlib is a stage manager, Wildstar is bowler. 15.... 15 does things. :D Ike's a dentist, Gunner works for Boeing... but you.... I've never figured it out, or i missed where you mentioned it.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My co-worker has been doing an online Vectorworks training all week.

When I looked over today, he has a stage drawn and 3d rendered with projection screens and stage lights and seats.

It looked interesting, but since I've been doing concert insanity all week, I couldn't work it into my schedule.

saint patrick's day parade in Scranton, Pa. only good thing this town has going for it...also it becomes one of the largest cities in the country today. lol missed it last year and the previous years i couldn't drink as much as i'd have liked because of finances, this year is gonna be makeup. ha. i'll post some pictures later tonight or tomorrow. :p

So you're a programmer?

Now I'm being serious. In all these years I've known you here.... I.. honestly don't know what you do.

Zoom Rabbit is an inter-dimensional space rabbit... thing. Edlib is a stage manager, Wildstar is bowler. 15.... 15 does things. :D Ike's a dentist, Gunner works for Boeing... but you.... I've never figured it out, or i missed where you mentioned it.

Yes, I work on architectural CAD software.

My co-worker has been doing an online Vectorworks training all week.

When I looked over today, he has a stage drawn and 3d rendered with projection screens and stage lights and seats.

It looked interesting, but since I've been doing concert insanity all week, I couldn't work it into my schedule.

Nice. User success!

Spending the day setting up mom's new laptop. Ahh... the joys of tech innovation: she spent about a quarter of what I did for my laptop 4 years ago, and it kicks my computer's butt in pretty much every way.

Fortunately, she doesn't have a ton of files to move over. But I'll refrain from wiping the new one until I'm sure she has everything she wants.

I always thought Ike was a giant fly, K Kinnison was some dude with a glowing hand and Edlib was Frank Zappa. Ray is a monkey with sunglasses and Roy sells corn chips. :D

I've also been figuring out computer stuff. After moving mom into town, I found myself with a pile of equipment, not all of which necessarily went together. To make matters worse, others had given the last set to her, so she knew nothing about setting it up. I'm a cook, not a science officer, so I'm completely out of my element when I have a hand full of wires and wierdly-shaped connectors that somehow plug into each other! And let's not get into the software issues.

Anyway, I won. I now have the main computer and laptop set up with my own indoor wireless network. I'm so glad they make these things idiot proof now...

Hmmm... She's 84, and gets confused easily, and gets angry at changes. I still don't see her adapting to a new OS willingly, now that she knows how to get around in Win7.

But if she really gets this one FUBAR before the end of the year, I'll definitely consider it.

You could put it on an USB stick as live version and let her try it without touching her installation, there's some step by step how to on their home page how to do this, it's practically done with no effort at all. It runs on almost every machine, I carry one around with me for my job as a rescue system and to secretly boot up forein machines without leaving a trace. I mean no, I really have no interest in doing so. ;

been having the same weird erotic dream. A young lady with long black hair in her early 20s, hazel eyes, pale skin, small perky breasts, not thin, but full figured. She sits down naked next to me on the sofa, and gives me a mischievous look. But the weird part is I can only touch her with my hands and can't do any more.

Must be because I am married

You could put it on an USB stick as live version and let her try it without touching her installation, there's some step by step how to on their home page how to do this, it's practically done with no effort at all. It runs on almost every machine, I carry one around with me for my job as a rescue system and to secretly boot up forein machines without leaving a trace. I mean no, I really have no interest in doing so. ;
Yeah, I already have a stick with an older version of Ubuntu on it.

I've had various distros of Linux running on one machine or another around here for several years now. But she's happy with her machine as-is for now, and since she bought this comp with her own savings, I'll only ever touch it when she specifically asks for help.

After putting a firewall and anti-virus, Google Chrome, moving her bookmarks, games, and mail settings and address book, connecting her wireless mouse, getting on our wifi, and running Windows Update yesterday, as far as I'm concerned, it's hands-off from me until she asks me to look at it for her again.

survived parade day. was drinking from 830am til 8pm. today me and my buddy were hanging out with this girl that basically friend-zoned me watching some movies and catching up on the walking dead, ate some pizza. good times i guess. don't think she'll ever see me as anything more than a friend though.

think i'm just gonna be single and without a girlfriend for a long time. hell even when i was in shape, job, and car i didn't have a girlfriend, so what are the odds now that i don't have a job or a car? and to decrease my odds even further, i do not want children.

i guess the only thing i have going for me is that i'm going to college and am in the military, as far as what i'd have to offer-other than my personality, to a relationship. i've tried these stupid online sites, and the women on them aren't interested in me, and the ones that claim they are blow me off after less than a month of messaging/texting. i've also given going to church a shot, did that for 2 months went to bible study, but they segregated the guys and girls so i had no real chance of getting to know any single girls that went to it. the single girls that i do know just aren't interested in me, and i asked them out just for a movie or coffee, i didn't get told "no", instead i just got some lame bull**** excuse. funny thing is one of the girls is in 2 of my classes at school.

oh well, life goes on i guess. it's just very very very boring.

Archived