Home

The One Year Thread 2014: Main Street Electrical Parade Through The Dark Side

edlib

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think many of you could have beaten me in my second game last night: 115, with a double-gutter in the 6th frame. One of my weaker balls just wanted to skid to the right instead of going straight up the target board, so I ended up switching to a stronger ball on that lane for the third game, salvaging an over-average 179. :dozey:

The nuances of being a Green Bay Packer fan has subtle levels. Cheeseheads,

, Saint Vince,
, and KUUUUUUUUUHN.

John Kuhn is a Fullback, a position in the NFL which has pretty much an afterthought. But Fans love him because he is the typical blue collar worker doing his job, doing it well, and hardly ever getting the recognition for it. And he just go resigned to play for the packers another season.:D:D:D

Case in point the below Gif. The Packers need to beat the Bears (THE Biggest rivalry in the NFL) the score is close, the Packers need a score to win the game with the clock winding down. it is 4th and 8, the packers are out of Field goal range. The go for it. The Bears are in a press defense to prevent the conversion.

Julius Peppers comes off the line unblocked on the left side, JOHN KUHN (Number 30) gives up about 12 inches ,and 100 pounds, and is able to cut block Peppers JUST enough to let Rodgers escape, and save the play, allowing Aaron Rodgers to complete the GAME WINNING pass.

cOBB_td_large.gif

(btw, Julius Peppers left the bears and is now playing for the Packers)

Work was actually pretty easy today.

Why can't it be that I'm actually able to say (and genuinely mean) that every day? :rolleyes:

Wildstar: It was a Percussion Department show run by Yoron Israel. I told him that I heard he was a local bowling league legend. He laughed.

I wasn't sure it was on YouTube (though you could search), but the pros sometimes have trouble breaking 100, too, as was the case in a televised match in a recent (forgot the year) Tournament of Champions in which Tom Daugherty shot 100 against Mika Koivuniemi (who, BTW, shot 299 for the largest margin of victory ever in a televised match).

For those who need to fill in Ed's blank, we both know one of the heads of the percussion department at Berklee. I know him from bowling, as he bowls in the big Monday night league here.

Ed, I hope you told Yoron you knew me online. :)

For those who need to fill in Ed's blank, we both know one of the heads of the percussion department at Berklee. I know him from bowling, as he bowls in the big Monday night league here.

Ed, I hope you told Yoron you knew me online. :)

Yeah... that's exactly what I said.

Fats Waller Tribute here tonight. Pretty easy... though I'm not sure what I think of the show, since most of the music has been updated for the Hip-Hop/ House music crowd.

Didn't sleep great last night. Yawn.

I might see Captain America The Winter Soldier Tonight.

Yaa-ah! *(Shoots Megarock58's avatar with his award rifle.)*

Sorry. :dozey: Too much Battlefront. I automatically shoot stormtroopers on sight now. Even in my sleep...

Just kidding. ;) Howdy. Nice to meet you.

Lazy day at home. I needed it.

Slept late. Sat around and did some reading. Watched a documentary about the career of the band Rush. Ate.

I think I'll re-watch Blade Runner now, and make some more food.

I think I'll re-watch Blade Runner now, and make some more food.

Top ramen (or *soba* if you wanna be japanese about it.) It will work--trust me. Also, you have to have beer in order to make the end make sense...

Keyan, I'm jealous. I tried to get my nephews into Battlestar Galactica, but it didn't take. Did you show him 'A New Hope?' That's probably where I would start him off.

Still waiting to hear about a second interview. :indif: He did say that he had one more guy to interview that day. Maybe that guy sucked h--well, maybe he got the job. So...still looking.

Never give up, like this guy:

Never20give20up202_zpsc2678815.jpg

*(Goes to craigslist.)*

Top ramen (or *soba* if you wanna be japanese about it.) It will work--trust me. Also, you have to have beer in order to make the end make sense...
Yeah... I could have gone with the movie food theme... but I had some chopped onions and peppers that I had left over from my steak the other night that I didn't want to throw out, so I put them all over a couple of french bread pizzas.

My co-worker friend's dog is named Soba. She hangs out at work with us all the time.

Also, you have to have beer in order to make the end make sense...
I watched the remastered director's "Final Cut"... which I really don't like as much as the original theatrical release that had the voice over, the "happy" ending, and less implication that Deckard was a replicant himself.

But the box set has the other versions in it as well, so next time I'll watch one of them instead.

The original theatrical release ending was slapped together at the last moment against the director's wishes, which is why it seemed a bit schizophrenic. The director's cut ending makes more sense... but I don't like it as much.

It's amazing how little of the book actually made it to film. But isn't that always the way?

Israeli pop/jazz here tonight.

I witnessed history for my bowling association today: Our first 600 doubles game, bowled in our city tournament by bowlers who both have had success at the national level (one is on Senior Team USA). One of my first bowling friends from back in the 80s did well, too.

I was running brackets all weekend, and I made one mistake: A couple of bowlers paid me for brackets in the team squad today, but I never added them to my list, so they were never entered in brackets. I apologized and refunded their money, but, as my friend on Senior Team USA told me this weekend, much worse things have happened running brackets, and they've happened in important tournaments. :)

Archived