Home

The One Year Thread 2014: Main Street Electrical Parade Through The Dark Side

edlib

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anybody play the game "Rust"? it's a new MMO that's on steam, it's in its alpha phase right now, but for $20 it's worth it. pretty fun game too!

I donno, when i looked at the previews it seemed to be a Minecraft type game with better graphics. Problem is I don't really have the time or talent to Create anything in those types of games. I spent hours in minecraft creating a trap that didn't work after an update.

They're going to tear down my apartment building and I can't afford anything else in the "twenty minute commute" zone. This makes me sad.

It kinda makes me want to change jobs so I can have more money so I can afford a new place where I want to live. But that'll change where the 20 minute ring is! Which makes the whole thing kinda pointless. Adult life is strange.

this is fun...using the learning vids on youtube lol my dog hates it wondering wtf im doing

however, i'm finding it to be VERY relaxing and soothing even though im just ****ing around with the strings and learning how to place my fingers on the handle thingy.

Enough time with the basics! Lesson 2: Play this...

;P

You might want to pick up a book that details a few things like chord shapes, and how to tune and change strings. My fave for beginners: http://www.amazon.com/The-Guitar-Handbook-Ralph-Denyer/dp/0679742751

almost wrote a friend off today, but realized it was a little early and i had taken preworkout...she was saying that justin timberlake was more successful than me, and i said success if subjective, and if you take away all material possessions the majority of people really do not give a **** about you. i was gonna call her out for not ever coming to visit me and my buddy in our town and that we're always traveling an hour away to visit her. i really gotta make more veteran friends that have deployed at least they ****ing get me.

heck 10 percent of the people in the planet are more successful then anyone else that posts in this thread. except for maybe Ed. Justin timerlake likely in the top .05 percent most successful. There are 5 supermodels that, and about 30 professional athletes that are worth more

Frankly, i would never associate with someone so negative like that.

Neil deGrasse Tyson would have never been a famous Astrophysicist if he did what society told him what he SHOULD do

speaking of that, I assume all of you have been watching the new Cosmos. I find it fascinating, and it is very well put together. So funny that the guy who predicted the return (and WHERE) of Halley's comet was being paid by books about fish.

heck 10 percent of the people in the planet are more successful then anyone else that posts in this thread. except for maybe Ed. Justin timerlake likely in the top .05 percent most successful. There are 5 supermodels that, and about 30 professional athletes that are worth more
I'm hardly that successful.

If I wanted to tour, I could probably become a "name" live mixing engineer, where other people in the industry can ID you by name, and you travel the world with the big stars... but trust me, while those guys get paid pretty well by the standards of our field, they get peanuts next to the artist themselves, work crazy long hours, and for more than 300 days a year they are sleeping on a plane or in a bus and away from home.

I'm just a humble house sound guy who gets a very modest salary from college employment. Who still works crazy long hours... but I sleep in my own bed and spend some time at home everyday.

Half my income comes from working the extra non-college shows that use our hall which I get a fee from, like yesterday.

But it will take me days to recover from this week... I did 40+ grueling hours from Monday-Thursday on a single college show, and then topped it off with a 16-hour shift yesterday of sheer brutality, trying to meet all the needs of an Italian prima-donna rock star.

Definitely not how I would have chosen to spend my week, while still recovering from a devastating allergy attack, if I was successful enough to choose otherwise.

That girl with the Timberlake comment sounds pretty ignorant. But that's how a lot of people view life... JT is talented and worked really hard to be successful... but had a lot of lucky breaks too. And while some folks who don't deserve to be rich and famous continue to be so... by the folks who think that if you are already, then you must be special somehow, and if you aren't, then you are dirt. Sounds like she thinks she has a shot with a JT-type celebrity... but chances are she's gonna wait a long time and be lonely and unhappy, and miss a happy, rewarding life with a really good regular guy.

I got similar comments when I first started playing guitar by people who have no idea how long it takes and how much effort goes into mastering an instrument, and how much pure luck gets factored in to being "A Star." Eddie Van Halen wasn't "Eddie Van Halen" the first week he played guitar... it took years. But the attitude I met from a lot of the more ignorant around me was: "You play music, but aren't rich and famous? You must be terrible, so why bother?"

And my experience has been the the BEST musicians in any genre rarely become the the rich and famous ones.

Rogue15, if you and Justin Timberlake were to fall into a mud pit with rusty bayonets and only one rope leading out, I would bet real money that you would not be the loser.

:dozey: None of us are losers...it's just a matter of which game we're playing at the moment.

Happy Easter!

I woke up feeling crummy. I doubt I'll manage to make the family dinner today.

Hopefully I'll feel good enough later to get some laundry done... but right now I can't picture doing much more than sleeping and watching movies. Blah...

3-day weekend... and so far I've spent the the first 2/3rds of it feeling like ****. :dozey:

I'm hoping I wake up tomorrow feeling fabulous... so I can do the grocery shopping and laundry and spend the day getting ready for another couple of weeks of work without another break like this one. :rolleyes:

Well... I've caught up on sleep and reading these last 2 days... so that's something, I guess.

Archived