Home

The One Year Thread 2014: Main Street Electrical Parade Through The Dark Side

edlib

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

had a pretty good easter with my parents, no classes today so i'm going to go to the gym, do some homework, practice my guitar, and take my dog for a walk. nobody else around cares to join in on the fun, so **** it. i got so ****ing depressed last week i was at the mall waiting for the bus and realized how alone i was and have been since i've been "home". this **** is getting ****ing old. anyway, gonna have a great week and get good grades on my papers and finals...can't wait til the semester is over.

oh btw that guitar book i ordered off amazon showed up today! wow! gonna look through it after i go get something to eat. :) surprised it got here so quickly.

Feeling a bit less awful... though not up to full steam. Getting laundry done. I'll try to get out and get the shopping done later.

Seems like my springtime allergy triggered a sinus infection. Yippee. :rolleyes:

I think it broke last night though... I won't go deep into the gory details, but late Sunday evening, all at once, gallons of evil goo decided to flee from my skull. Started feeling better after that.

Back to work tomorrow... and so on for the foreseeable future.

Wish I had some good advice on how to fix a sinus infection like 'cinnamon root up the nose' or 'rinse with white tequila,' but I know of none except lots of bed rest, extra vitamins (especially C) and get lot of fluids. :max: I've also heard that belly dancers help with sinus problems.

Well...the new restaurant closed today. :indif:

Who the frack hires a new cook full time when the BUSINESS IS FAILING?!? I mean, really? It was apparent that they were in trouble; it was slow every night I worked. But to close the doors right after hiring a new person? Stupidity.

Fortunately, Shari's I so desperate for cooks right now they'll no doubt see this as a blessing. They get to keep me a while longer...

Yeah... bed rest seemed to do it. I feel pretty good this morning... just in time to head back to work.

Who says life isn't fair? :dozey:

Oh well... like I said: caught up on sleep and managed to get a buncha reading done. All in all... not the worst way I've ever spent a weekend, if I'm honest.

sorry to hear that zoom. i'm not as hungover as i should be right now.....it's nice out so looks like i'll be hitting the gym.

nothing really happened with those women i was talking to on that dating site last night. (nothing ever comes of that site)

Wish I had some good advice on how to fix a sinus infection like 'cinnamon root up the nose' or 'rinse with white tequila,' but I know of none except lots of bed rest, extra vitamins (especially C) and get lot of fluids. :max: I've also heard that belly dancers help with sinus problems.

Well...the new restaurant closed today. :indif:

Who the frack hires a new cook full time when the BUSINESS IS FAILING?!? I mean, really? It was apparent that they were in trouble; it was slow every night I worked. But to close the doors right after hiring a new person? Stupidity.

Fortunately, Shari's I so desperate for cooks right now they'll no doubt see this as a blessing. They get to keep me a while longer...

Dude,.. That sucks. But by all appearances, wise business decisions weren't their forte, otherwise, they might still be open.

On the other hand, maybe the other place will realize how close they came to losing you and treat you better... or at least make it more worth your time...

yeah if the installation/download will ever finish... :( my only complaint about this system. oh, it's pretty good. essentially a fighter though i can see it getting repetitive, it's a nice break from the shooters.

decided to do some homework so i can get extra credit in 2 of my classes, had to come up with 10 multiple choice questions for each class...it was pretty easy i just opened the book and picked out some things i recognized that we went over. think i'll get a fair grade for it. learning about euthanasia in ethics class...that class makes me sad and depressed about society and a little angry too.

if i get up tomorrow morning in time for the gym i have shoulders to work out, then i have to go help do a raffle thing, hoping the veteran affairs advisor is there so she can help me get it set up otherwise i'll just go right home not gonna just sit on my butt there for 2 hours.

heh bus issues this morning, ended up skipping workout and the raffle thing didn't happen even tho i showed up for it.

Ryse kinda got repetitive, still good but not enough takedown moves, and there's annoying parts where it expects you to know what to do i guess and the camera angle makes it suck, anyway installing Titanfall right now i heard that's really good plus it won like 75 awards or something...never really a fan of robot warfare but we'll see how this goes...hopefully it's good otherwise i'm gonna play Madden 25. lol skipped gym today i strained a muscle and my ankle is hurting. :rolleyes:

titanfall=huge disappointment. thought there would be a standalone campaign but it's all forced mp, it's meh at best. i mean **** if iw anted to play Mech Assault i'd just get out my old Xbox..........

Sorry, Zoom. Maybe you should open your own place. Zoom's Bistro? Casa de Zoom?

I think I will be a traditional indian chai wala, brewing aromatic tea over a little dung fire by the side of the road, wearing rags and drawing customers with my ancient tea making song.

:dozey: I haven't taken back my two week notice. I'm going to hit the pavement over the next couple of days and just get a decent cooking job. Craigslist is full of them right now...

why is it that whenever i make an attempt that's not half-assed at writing a paper that something has to come along and annoy the hell out of me. for instance, my dog won't stop bothering me while i'm trying to write this picture reflection paper. i think i went over the page limit and now im just drawing blanks, i hate writing i hate college and its times like this where i just want to get back overseas where this petty **** doesn't ****ing matter. i'd like to play my guitar right now but i have roommates that would be kept up by it.....i just wish I could escape without having to resort to self-medication. idk maybe tomorrow will be a better day...chick on dating site that i asked out for drinks on good friday (she turned me down since she had other plans) messaged me back, so we'll see where that goes...lol it's only gonna get worse might as well finish off this yuengling black & tan and watch The Clone Wars on netflix. :) madden 25 is pretty neat, btw.

Musical theater. Why did it have to be musical theater?

I'm not a man with many passionate hatreds... but, today pretty much covered the spectrum.

Legally Blonde, set to music.

Good thing I only have to do it for the next 2 days. :dozey:

Have mercy... kill me now. :rolleyes:

it is raining. Which means my cat goes out, gets wet, comes inside, wants to be fed and dried off.

And my work sucks big time now, because we are getting too much inbound freight, and not enough is going out. I was told to put away 14 pallets of Rayovac displays ASAP, and i repiled "Where?". Ended up consolidating them to 7 pallets and some how managed to find some areas where they really shouldn't go.

Also one other experienced worker keeps getting in my way on purpose, then looking stupid when he gets in my way and doesn't tell me or indicate where he wants to go.

Wife won't let me quit the job, unless i go part time. And i told her if i have to go part time i might as well stay because the only part time jobs available are 2nd shift evenings and weekends.

lol she won't "let you" ? **** that say you got fired!

I quite possibly scored a date for tomorrow...and depending if that goes well, she's going to go to Gettysburg with me and my friend.

now the question is: should i wear my troll-face shirt or my dysfunctional veteran hoodie tomorrow when i meet her?

the funny thing about this one is she has the same name as my sister...surely, this can't be as awkward as it seems just over a name. also, she is 5 years younger than me and doesn't have a car and uses the bus, so at least there's that bit we have in common. I'm pretty excited though, since it has been about 8 months since I've gone on a date.

Archived