Home

The One Year Thread 2014: Main Street Electrical Parade Through The Dark Side

edlib

glad your car is fixed, cracken....

went out to celebrate one of my buddy's who i met in college birthdays, bowled 7 games (and wildstar would've cringed at every one of them lmfao!!!) and played 2 games of pool. made for a good time i hope.

girl i'm seeing is really liking me and wanting more sexual things of me. what do i do...it's fun and i'm glad to finally see some action but i dont really want the emotional junk that comes with it...like i said if my parents find out i'm "dating" they'll get all worrisome on me and be so annoying and ruin my fun.....heh at least with this one she's within walking distance so i'm not spending any money on her besides occasional dinners...idk she texted me alot tonight and i'm starting to like it...lol

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another though I had: God help us all if the various women (or future women...) in all of our lives stumble upon these threads. I'm not sure any of us paint ourselves in the best possible manner... Hmmm...

Unless she knows how to track your IP: deny, deny, deny.

Though my wife wouldn't be surprised in the least about the **** that I say, after ten years of marriage she's just about heard it all.

There's nothing quite like a day at work that fills you with unquenchable rage going extra, EXTRA long.

If someone told you you had to be off the stage at 9:45... would YOU get that confused for 10:30?

At least in this case, I wasn't the only one inconvenienced and pissed off... The rest of the day was all on me... but this case all the usher and front-of-building staff were boiling.

Maybe something will get done... but seeing as this is the 5th year we've dealt with this same show and all the same exact issues... I'm guessing not. :dozey:

:rolleyes:

Yea, the casual sex thing never seems to happen in my world. I think I had a couple of opportunities but wasted them because i was too inexperienced, and grew up through hig school thinking i was loser pond scum, so when a lady was generally interested in my I was suspicious

We really don't deal with skillets here so much. Austrian microphones that are amazingly fragile and cost multiple thousands of dollars, or mixing consoles that cost 10 or 20 times that...

But why would I want to damage an inanimate object that isn't the cause of the anger and frustration in the first place? I guess because all things I would like to do the fleshbags that are the origin of my rage are still highly illegal, immoral, and would require me to break a couple of the top 10 commandments.

**** this ****ing ethics paper. -40% of my grade and probably failing the class. idgaf....the class made no sense to me, all i really retained was what voluntary/involuntary active/passive euthanasia is. most boring useless piece of **** class ever and what really pisses me off about it is that there was only ONE exam the whole course and it wasn't enough to give me an idea if i was going to pass or fail the class and whether i should have dropped the class. it's some bull****, just hope it doesn't **** my GPA up too bad since i'm doing pretty ****ing well in the other classes. i'll still show up and take the final exam though. heh im thinking of putting buncha blank paper together and putting a title page and my sources just to be a dick...maybe i'll follow through with it...i think i will just to see what happens.

Even in diners, I really shy away from getting something that I will have to make a bunch of changes to just to eat it... because why? What's the ****in' point then? If I have to give the chef a bajillion directions on how to make and dress my omlette, I ordered the wrong omlette!

Also, in regards to Celiac's Disease, I know a bunch of hipster health fad idiots are going "Gluten Free", not because they have to due to a potentially death inducing genetic disease, but because it's "all the range and so healthy!!!111!!!!!1!!o.oomgi'maloser!!!!!". More and more people now legitimatly have the disease, so how is your world changing to accomidate these folks?

Yes, it does seem at times that the customers see the menu as a list of available ingredients rather than an actual menu. Good freaking lord. Sometimes I just want to go out to the table and say, 'You must regret terribly having left the chef at the estate when you went out motoring to-day...'

When I own my own restaurant, I'm going to hire waitresses from Indonesia who don't speak any english. :dozey: You can try to tell those girls about your personal food fantasy all you want, but if you want food you're going to have to just point to something on the menu.

Cracken, yes the trendy gluten-free ordering does confuse the matter. Not every cook knows about Celiac's disease...but every cook knows the word allergy. ;) Make sure your waitress is sober, alert and that she uses that word on the ticket. If the staff seems at all confused by the situation, get up and go to a different restaurant--but you shouldn't have a problem.

And if you want the peppers left out of your omelette, that's cool. Just don't reinvent the freaking thing, okay? :max:

meh. wish that disney would've just said **** doing movies and stuck with doing stuff like Rebels.

i have a bunch of crap to do today. laundry, walk my dog, get haircut, make sure i got everything i need for drill this weekend, get to my last ethics class w/o a paper to turn in. (so much hate for this class), probably meet up with that girl for a few hours after class...hope it doesn't rain today.

And if you want the peppers left out of your omelette, that's cool. Just don't reinvent the freaking thing, okay? :max:
Heh... that sounds like dining with a vegan. I worked with one, and any time we ate out as a department, it would take a minute or two to get all the orders from everybody else... then 5-10 minutes for her while she grilled the waitstaff on every single ingredient used in the dish she wanted... and it wasn't just animal products... "Olive oil or margarine? Are the tomatoes grown organically?"

I've never seen a waitress walk away from one of those encounters NOT completely pissed off. I can only imagine the reaction in the kitchen the 15th time the waitress walks in to confirm an ingredient... and then pass along the bible-sized order with all the restrictions, substitutions, and demands written all over it.

Heh... that sounds like dining with a vegan. I worked with one, and any time we ate out as a department, it would take a minute or two to get all the orders from everybody else... then 5-10 minutes for her while she grilled the waitstaff on every single ingredient used in the dish she wanted... and it wasn't just animal products... "Olive oil or margarine? Are the tomatoes grown organically?"

I've never seen a waitress walk away from one of those encounters NOT completely pissed off. I can only imagine the reaction in the kitchen the 15th time the waitress walks in to confirm an ingredient... and then pass along the bible-sized order with all the restrictions, substitutions, and demands written all over it.

There's no way this woman's food didn't get spit on. What a pain in the ass.

If you've ever heard the *Tink!* of a metal pan hitting a wall in back, now you know what was going on. :D

Started my new job today. I don't believe I have any reason to be worried. :dozey: My old/new boss is a raging maniac with the waitstaff, and submits to anger on whim--granted, he is the boss and can get away with it, but it makes me look like a nice guy by comparison. The cooks I worked with today seemed more stressed than I was. I think I will rock this bitch once I've learned the menu.

Right after lunch, the fire suppression system on the line went off because of an apparent problem with the heat sensor. Antifreeze-colored chemicals sprayed upon the equipment and food, causing us to close the kitchen and get real busy with cleanup. It took four of us an hour and a half to strike and re-start the whole line, and then we had to wait for a repair guy to come out to fix the suppression system. I got to go home early.

Equipment failures notwithstanding, I think I will like this job.

decided to "write" my paper. basically copy+pasted all the articles, **** it what do i care at least i'll look cool to the other students when i hand it in. :p

But you cited the sources, right? Surely you...you aren't telling us that you plagiarized an Ethics paper. Right?

I took my electric guitar and my bass to the guy who seems to be *the* guitar tech in Baltimore to have them set up today. He hated my guitar. And the strings I use on it. And everything else about it. It plays better than it ever did, though. But he thought my Fender Precision was really nice. I thought it played well when I got it, but after he made some adjustments and set it up for the Rotosound flatwounds I wanted on it, it feels and sounds amazing. I'm really looking forward to learning how to play it and laying down some real bass tracks for my songs.

Nice guys in there. We had a great time talking music and gear while my instruments were being worked on. Apparently there is a guy who works on vintage synths moving in next door :joy:

Cool.

I've always done my own setups... But I worked at the Pedulla Bass factory for about 6 months and picked up a number of things about it. Plus several books on the subject.

Today at work was long, brutal, and grueling.

It seems I've been saying that after every shift lately... Which is every day for me at this point.

This last month/ 6-weeks at work has been the longest decade of my life.

I've lost at least 10 years in the last couple of weeks.

Only a couple if weeks left to suffer through!

Cool.

I've always done my own setups... But I worked at the Pedulla Bass factory for about 6 months and picked up a number of things about it. Plus several books on the subject.

Yeah, and he did a bunch of stuff I never would have thought to do or even check. Maybe one day I'll look into learning more about that kind of thing, but I barely have time to play the things, let alone work on them.

Archived