Home

The One Year Thread 2014: Main Street Electrical Parade Through The Dark Side

edlib

Yeah, and he did a bunch of stuff I never would have thought to do or even check. Maybe one day I'll look into learning more about that kind of thing, but I barely have time to play the things, let alone work on them.
I think I'd pay somebody to come to my house and restring all my guitars.

It's a job I hate to do... but I love the feeling and sound once it's done.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weird night at work. Comedy festival. Lighting console failure that was perfectly timed to appear part of the show. Nudity on stage. Not the good kind either... unless you are really into shall we say... mature, and, shall we say... "voluptuous" ladies.

Tomorrow: Bill Nye.

ed can you get me bill nye's autograph that would be awesome thanks!!!

;)

uhmm i'm prolly going to end up in a relationship before the end of the week. :) good, bad...i'm the guy with the gun? qualified with my M4 on friday, 31 out of 40. best qual score in my entire military career...my scores always go UP. :) finals all week oh yes.

life is looking up for me, i just have to keep positive outlook on life and also work on PT alot so i can get a good APFT score to go with my M4 Qual score. :) Pretty happy that I found someone that really likes me even with the fact that I don't have a car or a job...and she lives close by too. She also like star wars, and wants to play TOR with me, so even more good for me. XD

edit: yeah im gonna end up turning into an *******....she really wants to date me/be my girlfriend, im semi-interested...she's bigger than what i thought she was lol fml...why cant i attract the ones without mental health and weight issues??? maybe it's just my lot in life, nah doubt it. i'll just do what makes me happy, **** everyone else. like i said good, bad, im the guy with the gun lmao.

The show today was mostly easy. Look for it eventually on http://www.startalkradio.net/category/startalk-live/ or http://www.youtube.com/user/startalkradio

No signatures or photos though... he had enough people swarming him all day.

Got some potentially bad news out of Florida... my step mom has been hospitalized, and my dad had to go into some kind of care while she's there. It was my step mom's niece who got in touch with me, but she thinks they may not be able to go back to live in their trailer after this... so I may have to rush down there in the next couple of days/weeks to help close up the trailer and secure their valuables.

Hopefully it doesn't come to that. I'll know more tomorrow. :(

Weird night at work. Comedy festival. Lighting console failure that was perfectly timed to appear part of the show. Nudity on stage. Not the good kind either... unless you are really into shall we say... mature, and, shall we say... "voluptuous" ladies.

Tomorrow: Bill Nye.

Please dear God, don't tell me Bill Nye is doing a nude stage show. Listen to me very carefully, Ed. :dozey: You are very sick...throwing up, even, with a temperature of 103. Way too sick for sound work.

Sorry to hear about your stepmom and dad. Mine live in Illinois, which is too far away if they needed my help. Being responsible for my mom here in Oregon, I'd be screwed.

That's more or less the situation I'm in: I'm in Boston taking care of my 84-year-old mom... While my 84-year-old dad and stepmom live near Palm Beach. As far as I know, I'm the only member on his side of the family still in touch, and her closest family is Chicago.

It's a lousy situation... especially since I don't feel right leaving my mom for more than a week now... even though there are a few family members on her side close enough to help out in a dire emergency.

But it's something I've been dwelling on for a few years now. I knew these situations were coming. It's hardly a surprise... certainly not since my mom had her heart attack a few years back, and my dad was diagnosed with dementia last year. My stepmom has had some recurring health issues of her own... though I know a bit less about those.

Sadly, I think I'm too burnt out from the stress of 6-weeks-of-constant-and-escalating-hell-at-work to really process this emotionally. I kinda shut down a few days ago... but maybe that's what is saving me from being a total wreck right now.

Please dear God, don't tell me Bill Nye is doing a nude stage show. Listen to me very carefully, Ed. :dozey: You are very sick...throwing up, even, with a temperature of 103. Way too sick for sound work.
Bill Nye stayed completely clothed all day. If you want (dare...) to see the woman who went topless and flashed her thong onstage last night, read this article: http://flavorwire.com/423888/the-tender-side-of-bridget-everett-new-yorks-sexiest-most-terrifying-alt-cabaret-sensation

:dozey:

The old lady next door let me pick some of her rhubarb. Baked the rhubarb in a form of oatmeal bars.

Also spent most of saturday afternoon trimming the tree's in our yard. Ended up with about 8 cu feet of future firewood after removing all the sucklers and bucking the wood. paid for it with a really sore back.

My cat is already killed 3 bunnies. baby ones of course... always the babies.

K Kinnison, you tell your cat that she's a bad kitty. :max: That's a very bad kitty indeed...

Since no one has said it yet, I guess it's up to to me:

May the 4th be with you.

:indif:

*(Shoots Keyan with a random, clumsy blaster.)*

And...make that a happy cinco de mayo to you. :dozey:

thought it was revenge of the 5th? lol

did well on my finals...now im tired, gonna relax play some guitar and xbox while i wait for my mom to pick me up, going to my parents' for tuna casserol and the premier of 24 :)

my unemployment compensation finally ran dry....i've gotta wait til next semester to get the tuition refunds...damn, or get a job over the summer...yeah that ain't gonna happen nobody wants to hire someone that doesn't have a car to get to the job. **** it.

R15, you're 30 years old, it is time to act like a man goddammit. If you have no interest in this girl and you're just using her for sex, that makes you a ****ing douchebag and an a-hole. Show her some respect as a human being and tell her the truth or at least dump her like the ******* you are.

So... my stepmom just got home, but she needs some in-home care. Hopefully her insurance will pick it up, but until that gets settled, we are probably going to have to split the costs.

My dad is in a facility somewhere down there, probably the VA, but nobody knows for sure, and we have no way of getting in touch with him at the moment. I'm going to have to try to make some calls in the morning.

Then I have to go in tomorrow and see how much time I can take off, and how soon can I get it.

The social worker says they can stay in the trailer if they severely de-clutter it. I'm going to try to get down there to help with that process as soon as I can.

I was hoping my stress levels were going to go down when the semester ended... but it sure doesn't look that way.

I dealt with the death of my fathers parents. My Grandmom passed away in 2002, and we rented a dumpster, and filled it 3 times. There were RV magazines in the attic that were over 30 years old.

Yea, dealing with the crap that old people leave is hard work. Thankfully my dad has reduced his footprint to an RV, a small storage shed, a trailer, a car, and a 600 sq foot apartment.

Ike I just did. If anything the spring fling helped me get over my ex. I feel like a ******* for it though but at least I gave her a chance. I told her that I didn't have any feelings for her like she has for me I said I can't see a meaningful relationship with her because of that and that it just wouldn't be fair to her. I'm not a douchebag for giving her a chance, and she was pushy with the sexy time. Get off your high horse already.

Looks like I'll be heading down there Sunday or Monday if I can get a flight. I'll have to get a rental car (probably a mini-van, to help with trucking some of the clutter off to Goodwill) and maybe a hotel room nearby... but we'll see.

This is brutal.

The fact that work is also pretty extreme this week sure isn't helping.

Archived