Home

The One Year Thread 2014: Main Street Electrical Parade Through The Dark Side

edlib

I need help. Someone needs to either tell me what this song is or kill me and put me out of my misery. I heard it in a clip on a talk show while flipping through radio stations this morning on my way to work. I captured a few seconds of it. I know it, but all I can think of is "Tell It To My Heart" by Taylor Dayne :rolleyes:

http://www.gyrix.com/WhatIsThisSong.mp3

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

eh i got nothing better to do than go on youtube and research that for you. lmfao it's driving me crazy now i wanna hear the rest of it!!!!

lol i give up. too early to go to the bar and that's where i usually hear the song at.

For me it was 'Save it for later' by the English Beat. I had the last minute recorded on cassette tape right off the radio, and it wasn't much of a hit, so I never heard it played again. Mind you, there was no internet or search engines of any kind, and I wasn't going to stand on the street corner playing it for strangers until someone recognized it.

Fortunately, Pete Townshend did a cover of it a couple of years later. Being a big time Who fan, I was going to buy the album anyway... :dozey:

is it wrong of me to want to go drinking out of boredom?

this girl is wanting to hang out practically all the time, it would be different if she could be more physically active cause then we could go do stuff without EMTs getting involved...maybe i'll work her out like a dog til she just gets sick of me and leaves me alone?

WHY AM I SO MEAN. :( it's beer-o-clock...think i might go down to the local VFW sometime...wish it was closer. dammit :(

yeah...im getting bored of this girl. i guess i'm learning how it feels to be on the other side of a one-sided relationship. i'm not mean i just don't care. i like her but i don't truthfully see it going anywhere beyond a friends with benefits stage.

WHY AM I SO MEAN.

Like most of us, you might not realize that all of us are interconnected...in a metaphysical way, we are all the same *thing.* You might quite logically think that hurting another is an action that will go away into the world after we've done it...and then be surprised when we feel that pain ourselves, later.

Why? All the same thing. :max: No separation.

Dad is doing good, though BS to be in this situation, and confused as to why I can't just discharge him and let him go home. God, I wish it was that simple...

My stepmom is back in the hospital, in pretty serious condition. Fluid in her lungs, trouble with some other things.

So my dad can't go home until she is back on her feet and can take care of herself and look after him. Which might be months... If ever.

But he can only stay at the VA nursing home for 30 days... About half of which he's already used up.

So I have to find him somewhere else to go, or someone to move into the trailer with him to look after him 24/7 before I leave on Monday... And figure out how it's going to get paid for, as so far the very cheapest I've seen so far is a couple of hundred dollars a day.

I do have all the legal paperwork giving me Power of Attorney for dad, and my stepmother's niece has the same for her... But now we have to run around to all the banks and get them to accept us, and show us the current balances, and release funds.

I hope we are making progress... It's hard to tell, since there's so much to do and think about that its utterly overwhelming.

The days are dragging on though. The opposite of time flying when having fun, I guess.

More like the experience of taking a long test in school. You wait forever between looking up at the clock, only to find a minute or two have passed.

I'm taking my dad out of the home for the afternoon to see my stepmom, and maybe to stop back at his place to pick up anything he needs.

The VA put me up in a guest house for the last couple of nights, and it's pretty nice... but they need the room back tonight so I guess I'll stay at dad's trailer.

It's a pretty long haul between his place and the VA. I've been clocking a lot of hours and miles on his car.

I'm not quite sure how I'm going to get to the airport on Monday though. Hopefully somebody can give me a ride.. But I may have find a shuttle or rent a car service.

But that's low on the priority list right now... I gotta get my dad out, or at least have a plan in place and a ball rolling on that before I head back home.

My head is spinning... :(

ed, is he a member of a local vfw? maybe check out the local VFWs in the area and see if they can help out, if anything they could provide you with resources or advice on what to do. i'm glad you're doing the right thing, hopefully it pays off for you in one way or another. :)

@keyan: nice, i wish i could run for distance...2-3 miles is my limit. i just did 2 miles of 30/60 intervals today after taking my dog for a 40 minute walk...ended up walking to the mall and getting more "candy" from GNC...C4 Extreme, Mega Men Powered Ripped Vitapak Program, bunch of samples too, ended up missing the bus by a minute so i walked 2 miles home. so basically a 3 hour walk with the intervals included for 23 minutes of it. legs are sore as **** but i feel happy that it's nice out to enjoy it, trying to cut weight and time so i pass the army physical fitness test in a few weeks. i want to do more but i don't want to risk over-training injuries and being unable to walk without excruciating heel pain.

me and my friends are planning on going to a ComiCon this year...i'm trying to decide on a costume, i want something easy maybe recognizable...thinking of character from Far Cry 3 (specifically since Far Cry 4 got announced recently!!!) i want to either dress up as Hoyt or as one of the molotov-throwing pirates (i'd have bottles of water in place of alcohol of course) think the molotov dude would be cool to go as, i just need to go to a army/navy surplus store and get some bdus and leather jungle boots. :)

R15, I try to make it to one of my local cons, called Super Megafest, every year, but it was often tough trying to get my travel figured out. I was able to a couple of years ago, and wanted to attend last year, but one of my bowling association events got in the way of my attendance last year (it's the weekend before Thanksgiving).

No, he's not a VFW member. His military career consisted of basic training, then 2 years playing guitar in the army band. He never saw action, and I don't think he ever left the states while serving.

But he enlisted close enough to the end of WW2 to kinda get lumped in to that generation... Though he was mainly playing for the guys coming back from Europe who were involved in reconstruction over there. He turned 18 in 1948... Though I think he lied and enlisted a bit earlier than that.

well i think that vitapak may have worked or something, or just helped get rid of excess water in my system, down 4 pounds.

this girl really wants to be my girlfriend...i guess this could be a good thing? maybe i'll just accept it, it's nice to have someone that really cares about me and wants to be with me..

It's not a good thing. You don't like her, remember? It's nice to have someone who really cares about you and wants to be with you if you really care about her and want to be with her.

It's not like the man is looking for a wife. I say date her, be her boyfriend, have fun.

So, I was a part of a pull pad/full contact football game.

First, I'm horribly out of shape, which helped very little.

Second, I hyper extended my left knee, which is also the leg that was victim to a severe ankle sprain and never healed right because at the time, I was like "**** CRUTCHES!".

So my entire left leg from my knee down just hurts. Not spikey pain, but that annoying dull pain that won't go away that every once in a while when I move certain ways spikes to "WTF STOP MOVING".

Yeah, that's been the past 7 or so days. Whoot.

Archived