Home

The One Year Thread 2014: Main Street Electrical Parade Through The Dark Side

edlib

Ain't no party like an XWA party! :joy:

And for the record... that's my favorite kind of riot. :dozey:

:naughty:

Like this:(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

(Whacha think I meant you pervs?) ;P

(I also love how they refer to her as a "cat enthusiast" as opposed to "bat**** crazy person/animal hoarder"...)

3 days in to June... so far no major crisis to report. Although I do have to be at work tomorrow before 8am... and that's gonna suck.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I met those guys. Back in '99, when they were actually somebodies...

Somewhere out there in some dusty and dark back corner of the World Wild Web archives, there's a picture of me posing next to the John Lennon Bus with them...

Well... I didn't make it through 4 whole days of June completely unscathed by drama. Message from the ex, wanting me to delete some old pic with the both of us in it. I complied, even though I'm really no fan of sanitizing my past... especially that of my online presence.

If I were to take every single thing I've ever done that left an online mark that I was the slightest bit unhappy being reminded about or embarrassed by... there would be very little if anything that would escape the Orwellian digital memory hole.

My accounts would all show the day I joined, and what I did that day. :dozey:

I really don't like it when I find one of those several-year gaps in my online photo albums where everything that I did or went has no record because of the person I was with no longer wants to admit that they were the one I was with for all those events for that time.

I find it kinda jarring... but that's the reality of social-media age, I guess.

Work was easy. A lot of talk about dealing with aging people. Things I've thinking about a lot lately.

To be honest? they can untag themselves. if they don't want it up they shouldn't have allowed it to be uploaded in the first place. there is a thing called public property

Fortunately most of my baggage happened before the internet became mainstream and before facebook. All i got now is a ball and chain

I thought about saying that... but I didn't want the drama to escalate. Or to stretch out the conversation.

It was a pic from one of our very first dates, with her and the kids with me at the aquarium.

I saved the pic. At least I have a personal record of 2 whole years of my life, even if the public record has been redacted. :dozey:

She said seeing it made her sad. Whatever... it wasn't worth the argument.

It made me think of this song though: (This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

I know it's Joan Baez... but I've always known this version better. But either way, it has everything to do dealing with the bittersweet memories of a failed relationship.

Oddly enough, two out of my many ex's still speak with me on a semi regular basis, and don't brutally hate me with the fires of Hell.

So... that's a thing.

Also, I'm not that big on pictures for sentimental value, so I don't have a lot of pics from those days.

This annoys my current girlfriend a bit..... :/

Wake for her grandpa and funeral service tomorrow..... *sigh*

Stay strong Crack.

Looks like someone is shooting up Nitro's home town. That's weird news coming out of Canada...

I'm sure she'd love to have a friendly relationship with me... but I'm not having it. Something about that whole "flee the country with the kids and lie to me about the reasons for doing so, keep me totally in the dark for a month or so and not communicate with me in any way during that time, break up with me (by email...) from a distance telling me she's never coming back to the states, leaving me to pick up ALL the pieces she left behind (literally...) and inform her family that she's supposedly gone for good, and then learn about a month after that from a post by her mom on Facebook that she got married in Mexico and has never been happier" thing that went down between us kinda really rubbed me the wrong way... in a lot of ways.

She still tests the waters every 6 months or so. I think this was just one of those attempts to wrap me up in conversation. I'm not ready for that. I probably will never be.

I'm technically still on some kind of speaking terms with a number of women I went for who didn't want anything to do with me in that way... though I mostly avoid all contact with all of them, I didn't cut them totally out of my life, at least digitally in the social-media sense... and I'll still be civil if I see them on the subway or in the street... but only because I didn't want to give them any sense about how much it stung to be shot down by them.

Stupid reason I know... but it's all I got.

Managed to forget this...

Projected year-end post count after May: 2,323

Isn't the record for these threads something like 2,500? :)

EDIT: Thought to look for the old threads, but didn't see at first that they now have their own archive section. The record is 3,482 posts in 2009.

Spent the morning/ early afternoon scrubbing the crap out of the stove/ oven.

It's been a long time since the stove top was really cleaned well, rather than wiped down... and as far as the oven goes... when did I move in here? 2001? Well... it was pretty dirty when I moved in, and I have no memory of ever cleaning it thoroughly. I tried the auto cleaning cycle on it once... but it got 120 degrees in the kitchen, and it stunk the house out, so I canceled that and never tried it again.

Took a walk after that. Not a long one, as that wore me down pretty good... but the stove looks better than I've ever seen it.

2009 was the end of my first winter season back in bowling, but nothing too special happened. I wouldn't have my high sanctioned game and series ever until the following calendar year. It was also my 25th reunion year, and that event is now one of my favorites in my life.

Spent the morning/ early afternoon scrubbing the crap out of the stove/ oven.

It's been a long time since the stove top was really cleaned well, rather than wiped down... and as far as the oven goes... when did I move in here? 2001? Well... it was pretty dirty when I moved in, and I have no memory of ever cleaning it thoroughly. I tried the auto cleaning cycle on it once... but it got 120 degrees in the kitchen, and it stunk the house out, so I canceled that and never tried it again.

Took a walk after that. Not a long one, as that wore me down pretty good... but the stove looks better than I've ever seen it.

Scrubbing ovens. Welcome to my world.

*(Throws a skillet against the wall.)*

*(Skillet bounces and hits a midget.)*

;)

Archived