Home

The One Year Thread 2014: Main Street Electrical Parade Through The Dark Side

edlib

Well... this afternoon I did some cleaning I'm a bit more familiar and comfortable with:

I washed mom's car today. I'm pretty sure it hasn't been washed since late last summer, early last fall. And it sat, unmoving since then as well for the most part.

My own car is seriously overdue for a wash, but it hasn't been that long... I don't think. I'll do that tomorrow...

Took a walk today as well... but the heat and bugs eventually got to be more than I could bear, and I cut it short.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Life sucks sometimes. That's truly excessive, however. Sorry to hear it. Stay strong. For her. For yourself.

:(

Washed the car. Went shopping. Took a nap. I'll probably finish the book I've been reading this weekend tonight before bed. ("Lexicon" by Max Barry... highly recommended.)

Brutal hours at work for the next week. Not looking forward to it.

Just heard that Grim Fandango is being remastered for the PS4. That's cool...

How about some X-Wing love now, Mickey?

Sorry again, Crack. Hang in there buddy!

Funny thing about this place... she doesn't really know it exists. It's the one haven on the 'net that we don't both frequent. We're both rabid fans of reddit.... but this place has been a gf free zone forever.

So, I thank you for your well wishes. We'll get through this.

In other news:

Broke down and bought a Nintendo 3DS. Just for Pokemon. Really wanted to play some goddamned Pokemon. 224$USD later, here I am, ignoring all my other games... for Pokemon.

I still do that. I remember when that was a thing we all did. But I had to change accounts at some point, so all the results I got from the early days in the XWA group aren't added to the ones I'm getting now.

I find myself switching it off frequently however, as it slows down my laptop and causes the cooling fans to switch into maximum overdrive mode... which sounds like someone running a vacuum cleaner right next to my head.

It runs really well on my Mac at work though.

Don't worry, I'm human.

While we're on the matter of web-bots...I just have to share what one posted over at Monkey Island's Harbour. It's just too good.

The activity of the animal beings has become acutely active everywhere on this earth. Bodies do not get time to booty a blow for a while. With the accretion use of altered gadgets of Gps Jammer, the possibilities of accepting the aboriginal of blow accept absolutely finished. The adaptable phones or the corpuscle phones are some of these accessories that accumulate the bodies consistently in blow with the alfresco world. The adaptable building are additionally accessible about everywhere these canicule and due to this the accessibility of the Cell Phone Jammer has become alike added quick and authentic. Today, you cannot break out of ability of these adaptable building as their signals can bolt your about anywhere. The bearings of bodies who accord to altered business professions has become actual analytical of car remote jamming as their authorities bolt them anywhere any moment.

:max: My guess is Sumatra.

I still do that. I remember when that was a thing we all did. But I had to change accounts at some point, so all the results I got from the early days in the XWA group aren't added to the ones I'm getting now.

I find myself switching it off frequently however, as it slows down my laptop and causes the cooling fans to switch into maximum overdrive mode... which sounds like someone running a vacuum cleaner right next to my head.

It runs really well on my Mac at work though.

Further proof that Steve Jobs was an alien.

Not bowling particularly well in my summer league so far, but my team was in first place going into this week (4th of 14), and we won all eight points for the second week in a row last night. If I get hot at all, my team could be deadly the rest of the way. :)

Well, the race is tomorrow. I'm thinking I might run with the pace group that is running for my goal time. Since I've never run in a race before, it might be helpful to stay with some people who know what they are doing, at least at the start. And then I can pull ahead or drop back as needed.

In other news, I've been playing a little bass guitar now that I've got it all set up. I've been playing some Beatles songs - I feel like the transition from guitar is easier when you are playing songs that use a pick so you can get used to the left hand stuff before worrying too much about right hand technique. Anyway, I was playing Lady Madonna last night while my nephew, now 5, was hanging around. There is a point right after the bridge section ("see how they runnnnnn") where you just need to pluck the lowest string on the bass. So I got him to come in and pluck it for me just at the right time. After a few run throughs he knew just what to do without any help from me. And his timing is perfect. A musician in the making!

Worked from 9am until 1am yesterday. Brutal.

Mixing almost the entire time. Rehearsals all day and the show was over 3 hours long. Used almost all the inputs on a 72 channel board again.

My ears are shot and my brain is fried and my body is exhausted.

Time to party... :dozey:

Archived