Home

The One Year Thread 2014: Main Street Electrical Parade Through The Dark Side

edlib

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good workout this morning...did some work. checking on getting into the police academy this spring...i'm only going to do it though if the courses from that will transfer over to the degree program i'm currently on. if not, i have to finish up this degree and go next year...what my plan is, if that works out, is to apply for a job with pennsylvania state police and I can get a job as a municipal police officer in the meantime since PA requires the ACT 120 that's through the police academy. idk, just waiting to hear back from the academy adviser. hoping i can do that, even if i have to retake some courses that I've already taken, wouldn't bother me since I get benefits and housing allowance.

The Boeing 747 is 231 feet, 10 inches long.

The Nimitz class aircraft carrier is 1092 feet long.

to 1 wire 169.9 ft

to 2 wire 209.9 ft

to 3 wire 250.4 ft

to barricade 273.2

to 4 wire 291.2 ft

to fwd angle 786 ft

Landing area width: 80 ft

Total length of landing area, from ramp to deck edge: 795 ft

Length of a 747 is 231 ft 10.2 in (70.6 m)

the wingspan of a 747 is 195 ft 8 in (59.6 m)

Never happen in RL. The wing would likely clip the Island, or the landing gear torn out on landing trying to stop the thing

to 1 wire 169.9 ft

to 2 wire 209.9 ft

to 3 wire 250.4 ft

to barricade 273.2

to 4 wire 291.2 ft

to fwd angle 786 ft

Landing area width: 80 ft

Total length of landing area, from ramp to deck edge: 795 ft

Length of a 747 is 231 ft 10.2 in (70.6 m)

the wingspan of a 747 is 195 ft 8 in (59.6 m)

Never happen in RL. The wing would likely clip the Island, or the landing gear torn out on landing trying to stop the thing

I think the whole mess would explode in flames, no matter how slow you got the 747 before landing. ;) The deck of an aircraft carrier just isn't as sturdy as an airstrip built on the ground, and never intended to support an aircraft that heavy.

It is fun to do in a videogame, though. It took me about a week to figure it out.

1. Take off from Honolulu and make for a point in the ocean halfway between Nihaau and Hawaii. When you spot the carrier, adjust throttle to 1/3 and altitude for 50 meters, fly around until you are oriented to the landing zone.

2. Ignore the landing strip. The entire ship is your landing zone.

3. As soon as you are oriented, cut engines. The carrier is about 20 meters above sea level, and you should lose about 30 meters on approach.

4. Set down well to port so your wing tips miss the superstructure.

5. Go straight up the middle of the ship, missing the planes on deck. When you start to run out of deck, do little jiggy S-curves to slow down.

6. Once you come to a stop, change the camera angle so we can see the plane and where it is, then take a picture of it with your cell phone (or take a screenshot, if one can.) Photobucket, post, wear the glory.

:)

Apparently my feat is one that has been a matter of obsession for other video pilots, as well. Playing on better flight simulators! :D

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

Still impossible in real life...although if it IS, it would undoubtedly be a classified matter.

I think I might have sold my dad's trailer. Got about 5-grand more than I expected out of it too.

I'm working on selling my mom's car this week as well. Hopefully we can use that money to make the house a tiny bit more livable.

I went to the bank to deposit some of the life-insurance checks I've been getting to use them towards my dad's care... but that was a frustrating disaster. I'd have to open a brand new account for him to deposit one of them, and the other I can't do anything with until I go to probate court to settle out my stepmother's estate.

Ugh.

Plus: I got an over $4,000 bill for the place my dad is in now... which I thought was supposed to be completely covered by his insurance and Medicare.

So... the good with the bad. Grr...

I've been trying to set something up with a lady friend of mine too... but we can never seem to get our schedules to work together. I may just have to give up on that idea and start looking elsewhere again.

Apparently my feat is one that has been a matter of obsession for other video pilots, as well. Playing on better flight simulators! :D

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

Still impossible in real life...although if it IS, it would undoubtedly be a classified matter.

Reminds me of trying to land the plane in Top Gun on the NES...

So... My summer of suck still continues.

I woke up on my day off feeling crummy... But with a long list of stuff to get done.

The first thing I tackled: getting my car inspected.

FAIL

So, several hours later, and a $500 dollar bill, 2 new tie rods, and an alignment later, I still haven't attempted to get any of the other items on my list accomplished. And all I really want to do is just go back to bed and stay there until the dark side of the universe decides to pick on somebody else for a change.

Last winter, all I wanted was the summer to get here.

What an idiot I was back then.

No sooner is my association manager gone than the owners of AMF decide to close the bowling alley in Taunton. It both adds to and subtracts from the work the board has to do...we have to make sure we have final averages from the leagues there, but we don't have to certify the lanes there this month. Speaking of which, I'll be helping with the certification of my bowling alley for the year in the coming week...wish me well, b/c it'll be the first time I'm involved w/ that.

So... My summer of suck still continues.

I woke up on my day off feeling crummy... But with a long list of stuff to get done.

The first thing I tackled: getting my car inspected.

FAIL

So, several hours later, and a $500 dollar bill, 2 new tie rods, and an alignment later, I still haven't attempted to get any of the other items on my list accomplished. And all I really want to do is just go back to bed and stay there until the dark side of the universe decides to pick on somebody else for a change.

Last winter, all I wanted was the summer to get here.

What an idiot I was back then.

Seriously. This summer can rot in the depths of Hades. It's been consistently crap, occasionally teasing me with hope and then crushing me all the more thoroughly.

dammit RL, lmfao glad you're ok!

my summer's been pretty good overall....those antidepressants made a huge difference.

ocean city maryland was alot of fun, went to the beach every day, got a little drunk every night. went to phillips seafood buffet and overate on swordfish and snow crabs, did awesome at a shooting gallery. oh and to top it off, falling in love with someone that isn't interested in me. so yeah.....it'll all be alright i guess. oh and i am pretty damn sure sams club fired me. idgaf...

this week i have alot to do...putting in an application for the police academy in the spring, going to talk to my shrink, getting back on my workout routine, work study program...my mom's birthday is wednesday, and my nephews birthday is also coming up...for his birthday i got him a baby alligator head. lol best birthday present for a 4 year old boy!!! lmao...

i can't wait to start this fall semester...mainly so i can get alot off my mind and have something to focus on. i am determined to have a full time career job by next fall. may have to make some sacrificed in the meantime though, like less going out to eat, less drinking, less time trying to get girls that aren't interested in me (which is all of the ones i'm interested in, go ****ing figure)... think i'll get some sleep now.

oh yea RIP robin williams :( depression sucks.

Archived