Home

The One Year Thread 2014: Main Street Electrical Parade Through The Dark Side

edlib

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well i think k_k was right.

went out with her last night to a movie, into the woods (it sucked, btw but the singing was alright) and after the movie like hardly any talking on the ride home, just dead air. i guess she doesn't like me or she's extremely shy, or had another date lined up.

lol oh well **** it yolo still got a date with her for new year's eve. not going to let this get me down. going to go hike a mountain ridge today with my friends.

at least i can say i had more than 1 date last year. oh look at this guy...being all positive and ****! :joy:

going hiking next week with the army chick i go to school with. I set that up as I am anticipating new year's eve to be a disaster with the current girl i'm going out with, so I have something to block out the depressed feeling of a rejection. even if it's not a disaster and we have a really good time (i'm trying to remain optimistic here)...who's to say i can't have a good time with a friend i'm testing the waters with?

i guess i'd be pissed if i was on the other side of this situation and found out, but hey i keep open line of communication...i don't close down for the day. This what happens when you **** with my mind. I dealt with that bull**** for 1 1/2 almost 2 years...walking on eggshells is stupid.

This thing is still open?
Kill it before it escapes!!!

Yes. Another year of XWA awesome has been documented. :dozey:

Except of course, for the month or so of downtime blackouts. :rolleyes:

The thread might have easily broke through 2,000 posts if not for all of those.

Maybe...

Hopefully we clear 1,900 at least.

Either way, still my most successful thread ever. Documenting one of my worst years ever.

Well the dates have been nice... but it doesn't erase the months I was working 7-day weeks for weeks on end, my step-mom passing away, and my dad going through a pile of health problems, all while I was sorting out all his finances, selling his trailer, planning a funeral, and trying to get him into a nursing home all from Boston while being worked harder than I have ever been before in my life at the same time I was dealing with car problems.

No... this year sucked.

2012 started out OK... then my girlfriend left the country with her kids, and it got pretty miserable quickly after that.

2013 I was still dealing with that aftermath when my car got rear-ended, and I was without it most of the summer... but it didn't matter, since my co-worker was out on maternity leave all summer I ended up working the whole thing anyways.

So... my last decent year was probably 2011. I'm well overdue for a good year.

Not much happened to me this year. Kind of coasted through it. Nothing amazing, nothing really bad. Highlight might be seeing the Blue Angels. The Thunderbirds are coming to LaCrosse next year.

Work won't let me get a week off, and my wife and I are planning a trip to Seattle

This was actually a pretty good year for me.

- Traveled the country a lot (CA, LA, IL, IN, MN, FL, VA).

- Lost about 40 lbs thanks to eating better and exercising.

- Picked up running as a new hobby, managed to bang out a few 5Ks.

- Built a new computer (to not play all the fancy new games on Steam I bought).

Hope this doesn't mean I'm due for a ****ty year in 2015, but I do hope everyone else's year is better than 2014.

feeling like ****. depressed...should not have drank the rest of the vodka, skipped taking my antidepressant. more depressed about my life than anything right now. i dont think im ever going to be in a serious relationship again. that kind of depression. i hate this cold weather, i took my dog for a walk and nearly froze to death. I wish i had been able to get a car back in the summer...things would be a little different today i can imagine.

and for some positive ****...

halo 5 guardians beta is up. nice graphics, but i don't like the maps. think it's weird that they adapted the CoD/Battlefield FPS style....

going to go watch dexter and try to get out of my depressed state.

This year blew ass.

**** people. **** relationships. Guess who my ex/roommate is dating? The same jackass who bought her World of Warcraft (70 bucks of game and game time) and other ****. **** him, **** her. **** people.

I hate this goddamned planet so much right now.

The worst part? I'm so goddamned furious and full of pure anger that if I do try to vent my frustration, I may actually end up hurting myself or someone else, so I just internalize it.

God and the heavens forbid I ever get force powers.

Honestly?

If you think you need a woman to be happy, you will never be happy. If you can find happiness by yourself, you will find a woman will want to share her happiness with you.

Joy is increase, pain is lessened

My wife wants to go out tonight. The problem is, unlike the night I proposed to her, there are no "Parties" with unlimited drinks. For $50 we had dinner, a band, and free drinks all night. The Hotel gave us complimentary drinks, and breakfast and was in the same building complex as where we had our dinner, and NYE celebraion

IN fact, there are a lot of places closing at 11pm or ealier

Sucks living in the boonies sometimes

Honestly?

If you think you need a woman to be happy, you will never be happy. If you can find happiness by yourself, you will find a woman will want to share her happiness with you.

my happiness causes everybody a great deal of distress apparently. oh well, you're right though...and no i don't need a woman to be happy...just the older i get the odds of finding one that doesn't have kids and baggage get worse.

i guess i'll just be happy with alcohol!

Archived