Home

The One Year Thread 2014: Main Street Electrical Parade Through The Dark Side

edlib

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In case you didn't know. I know and am good friends with a few Olympians. In the womans curling team I know Ericka Brown, and Debbie McCormick. I also know the alternate on the Mens curling team, Craig Brown who is the younger brother of Erica.

curled with Craig brown back in the early 80s in the Junior program in Madison. my Brother curling with Erica in a few Junior Bonspiels.

I know the Brown's parents even better, steve and diane are incredibly generous and friendly people. I also have played against and with Debbie's dad Wally Henry

and curling started today for the Olympics and i was able to watch the Mens prilimerary as Canada beat Germany in the final end

Figures you don't know Jessica Schultz. I had a huge crush on her back in 06 and was like "ha that name takes me back" when I saw she was on the 14 team. In one of the dorkier things I ever did, I started her wikipedia page all those years ago.

Since i screwed up and didn't get a reservation for a Valentines dinner (who would have thought the restaurant would be booked the Day before) I slaved away in the kitchen and made her stuffed portabella mushrooms, and steamed asparagus with a nice sweet red Jumilla wine. Later made, from scratch a chocolate souffle topped with chocolate sauce. We ate our dinner with the Fireplace going and candlelight. Also had another bottle of wine with desert

was awarded with a massage by my wife.

Valentines for someone that is coupled means more work. So don't feel too bad you are made to feel worse on the day. Some guys are desperate to make an impression

Since i have my computer in the Living room, and my wife watches a lot of TV. I often wear headphones while playing or listening to music. The problem was I was very hard on the "Cheap" under $50 over the ear headphones. They were breaking on me, or the cords getting in the way. The last switch was to a cordless headphones. It used the audio jack on my computer to a transmitter, which relayed the single to the headphones. it was not very good, a lot of static. Well I liked them, then I stepped on them and broke them.

So, i decided to stop buying cheap and get quality. That meant a dreaded trip to Best Buy. nearly every corner I was being accosted by a employee who was so bored and wanted to help. First i went to the Computer department and all they had for headphones was Logitech with micro USB transmitters, no ability to plug into a standard audio jack.

Then I went to the "Headphone" department with its Dr. Dre, Mr Beats $300 headphones. This time i had a sales associate who let me know the Dr Dre was really good with bass.. which i did not care for. and the only cordless version was a sony brand only cordless via Bluetooth. WTF?

Finally i found what i needed in the PC Gaming area. A Turtle beach headphone. USB Dongle for bluetooth connection. USB charger, microphone, optional audio jack connection. Bells and whistles galore.

When i got home and tried them, i was so unprepared and shocked at the quality of sound i was missing now that I had Dolby 7:1 surround sound. Not to mention when the signal gets bad due to me walking away, instead of static it shuts down

nice, im waiting for the xbox one compatible headsets to come out. :)

went out and shoveled a bit...got some annoying bill in the mail that's like 3 years old some stupid dental work i had done that i never got the bill for. how annoying. :\

getting ready to go chill with some friends again...drinking water this time...thinking of going to the store and getting some gatorades. starting to miss having a vehicle.

Work canceled today because of massive suckage falling from the sky, yet again. But now I get to cancel the plans I had tomorrow, and work today's show then! Oh goody!

Yeah, I did manage to resist temptation and keep off of the social media for the most part yesterday... only to get a double-barrel of morning-after afterglow posts this a.m. :rolleyes:

Life gets better... right?

going over to a friends house to get tricked into shoveling. :( but she has cable tv and the walking dead is on tonight, so i guess it's a fair trade.

still talking to the girl i met on pof. she sounds interested, but i don't know. she's from Indonesia, moved here 9 years ago. she said she wants someone that has good family values, she has a little in common with me, even wants to go play paintball with me. so we'll see where this leads. I want to be optimistic about this, but at the same time i don't want to get involved unless I know that she is serious. Any tips on simple questions that I can ask that confirm the seriousness?

and i lol'd last night when that girl with the 4 kids messaged me saying 'im bored' i just deleted that message, aint nobody got time for that. i gave her 3 chances last year and she blew me off each time with bull**** excuses.

I for one enjoy all the snow. It means we are not going to have a drought her in the midwest with a good 2 foot base of snow.

Flooding on mississippi river is more then likely tho. Too many idoits living on flood plains. When we bought a house we made sure it was out of the flood plain, so a 100 year old record flood shouldn't touch us

Idiot is mean? what we are wrapping up all the stupid people in bubble wrap and cones of silence so we can avoid hurting their feelings for having below average intelligence? How about Stupid? fool, jerk, moro, nitwit, twit, blockhead, bonehead, cretin, dimwit, dork, dumbbell, dunce, ignoramus, imbecile, kook, muttonhead, nincompoop, ninny, pinhead, or simpleton.

Oh noes! I bought a house on a flood plain cause it was cheaper, and coudn't afford flood insurance, so now I lost everything.. boo hoo! won't someone help me get my life back because i was an idiot?

this ice is bull****. guess running is canceled for the day. can't wait til the snow is gone. doubting my ability to pass my next apft. :( At least I can say that I was making an effort, though that won't matter if I fail it, i'll still get a counseling for not meeting the standard. ****ing army logic of pt tests in the winter right after coming off post deployment leave. learned how i can go active duty, but i probably won't now that i have a dog, plus going to college i'd have to finish out my contract with the guard first, about 3.5 years left to go on that, but i'll probably just stay national guard.

Archived