Home

The One Year Thread 2014: Main Street Electrical Parade Through The Dark Side

edlib

one of the things you need to know about Martial arts, is find a good instructor. A lot of people think they can learn some martial arts and open up their own school, and never know anything about teaching or running a business. Too often getting a black belt includes increasing your ego Tenfold.

Back when I was doing martial arts I tried going to differant schools, but none of them could teach worth a damn. It was "Look at how awesome I am, do what I do"

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah this place i looked up online, has been in business for a long time. i wish i lived closer to the place i was going, that Sensei was in his 70s, James Ambrose, good guy. pretty sure he still instructs there. always had a good training session when i was there. i'm really hoping this place is good. there's another place i also want to check out, if the red dragon karate usa place ends up being lame (as in not what im looking for) it's called 'american dojo karate' but from their website it seems like a mix of karate and buncha other things, so idk about that one probably more oriented towards children.

Boiled chicken? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU!?!?! you trying to dry it out and make it inedible?

Better to poach it in a flavorful broth. Bring the seasoned broth to a simmer for about 15 minutes, then to a rolling boil, remove from heat, place chicken in broth, and let it sit covered for about 15 minutes

Boiled chicken? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU!?!?! you trying to dry it out and make it inedible?

Better to poach it in a flavorful broth. Bring the seasoned broth to a simmer for about 15 minutes, then to a rolling boil, remove from heat, place chicken in broth, and let it sit covered for about 15 minutes

it didn't taste too bad. skinless chicken breast, after i cooked it i cut it up and mixed it with steamed veggies. made it last 2 meals.

I decided to by Call of Duty Ghosts Hardened Edition on my Xbox One. it's 54% complete with installation. should've just went to store and purchased. actually Thief came out today, so i may pick that up before coming home after class today. :)

well that was a waste of money lmao...battlefield 4 so much better, though i do like the campaign on Ghosts so far. multiplayer is gonna take some getting used to i suppose. :)

thief was sold out...so looks like i'll just wait to buy it some other time. no big deal. having fun with ghosts single player campaign on Veteran difficulty. :)

i got 3 girls texting me...one is my ex, the other is that chick with the kids, and the other is off the dating site. **** em all, i'm staying single.

Meh. Work sucks. Winter sucks. Life... kinda sucks right now.

Looking forward to spring... when I can go outdoors without my skin hurting, and having to be extra careful about every step I take so I don't slip and fall and break my ass. :dozey:

But, then there's this I discovered on my iTunes at work today:

1796623_10151971788443461_2044995035_n.jpg

When you see it...

:joy:

lol didnt take long to see it, noticed right away. :p

checked out a route to planet fitness, it's actually alot closer than the way i'd drive to it...roughly a mile and a quarter away! I walked it with my dog, and it was so cold. can't stand it being this cold i really want to go running and walking everywhere but it has to be cold PLUS windy. not fun, pretty sure i have some form of frost bite. guess i'll make use of my planet fitness gym membership, i just need to figure out a plan...probably just do intervals on the treadmill and do longer runs on the elliptical.

hoping i do alright on my tests tomorrow...been playing xbox since i got home, played ghosts for a few hours guess i'm near the end of the campaign, and once i got fed up with the ai "teammates" (aka buddy ****ers/blue falcons) i switched on Battlefield 4 multiplayer, lots of fun then my friend joined in for a couple games.

This morning, I woke up to a real shocker, Aaron Allston just died.

I just read that. Dang, he wrote some of the best Star Wars books there were. And I didn't know this until just know, but he worked with Origin and wrote Claw Marks, the manual to the first Wing Commander game. That was one of the best game manuals ever. RIP.

Weird random connections my job occasionally affords me:

Last week we had the Governor of Mass. on stage talking about Sun Ra (his dad was in the band.)

Later this week: Hugantic tribute show to Harry Belafonte.

Tonight: A concert by the guy who played Worf's dad on Star Trek:TNG.

family299.jpg

Mostly Yiddish and Hebrew. I think he was also in the original run of Fiddler. He's almost 90 now.

He seems cool. Some of the musicians he's playing with... um... not so much. Not been my favorite day at work ever, it must be said. Some words were exchanged about mic choices and such... :mad:

And Happy Birthday!

:joy:

Good luck with that. Seriously... good luck.

I don't think that would ever work in my case... I'm pretty sure it would only serve to make me seem more desperate and creepier than I already do... but I'd actually like to learn that some guy really put himself out there, everything on the line... and it actually worked out for him.

Thanks for the birthday wishes, ed.

Boy have I made that mistake. It's more like, "When you have nothing to lose, you find out you actually have tons to lose, and then you lose that."

well at least i let this one girl know how i felt about her. we'll see where it leads in the future.

Archived