Home

The One Year Thread 2014: Main Street Electrical Parade Through The Dark Side

edlib

You guys are lightweights. It's been 13 years since my last date. I've been on these dating websites for five years now (the good ones that you actually have to pay for), and I have yet to have a single face-to-face meeting come from it. In fact, I have yet to have a single e-conversation that went more than three messages before the other person just stopped responding. And I haven't just limited myself to my local area -- I've failed throughout the entire planet.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that sucks. and yeah i've had conversations-recently, where the other person just stopped responding. no fault of my own. she seemed interested in me then just BAM. maybe she died.

like i said at the beginning of the year, i just want to focus on myself this year anyway, getting back in shape, getting through college, and having good times with my buddies.

i try not to think about my life as a failure, for not having what it seems everyone seems to be raving about (house, wife, kids, car, career), and trying to be grateful what i do have: enough money in the bank to support myself for a few years, being in the military, months and years of free time and not being tied down. i figure if i can do things every day to make me happy, laugh or feel good about myself, that's all i really need in life.

In order to find love, you must first love yourself.

I know it sounds cheesy, but you are better off finding someone if you have a good happy life, and just want to share it with someone

Worked for me

yeah, that's a fact i'm learning to accept. good advice too.

bright side of the day for me so far...good workout, got on elliptical and out of all the other ellipticals this chick could've got on she got on the one next to me. hmm. didn't talk to her or nothing (had my earbuds on listening to music), but perhaps if i keep going, a girl will just come up to me asking for my number and to hang out. idk, i still had a great workout.

doing some exercises on the steps in the circuit for my ankles, while walking i notice on my right foot i push off on the outside of it, and notice my left foot i put pressure on the ball of the foot. not sure what's going on there.

my exercise routine consists of about a 30 minute circuit with the weight machines and then 20-30 minutes on the elliptical. this isn't counting the mile walk there and back, so roughly a 2 hour workout if i count the walking.

So, apparently my gf's mom may have some sort of cancer.

I... have no idea what to do.

That's rough dude. Just be supportive and listen a lot, and take up whatever slack you can while the gf is spending time at hospital or with her mom.

Getting close to 7-grand back in taxes. Sweet. My mom doesn't earn enough to file anymore, so that makes me head-of-household, with all the big deductions that comes with it.

And I know what y'all mean about communication breakdowns... the last woman that caught my attention is apparently unreachable. I've called, went to voicemail, no call back. I've also texted, emailed and Facebook messaged, with no replies. We clicked in person last time I saw her... but setting up another meeting has proven impossible, so I've given up on that front. I guess I have to wait for her to choose to get in touch with me again, and who knows when that might be. And she always seems to try and schedule something on a day and time when I'm at work...

My patience with being patient has run out. :dozey:

cracken: just be supportive. suggest she spend as much time with her mom as she can. idk

so i went down to the mall because i now can play some blu rays, i bought The entire Xmen Collection and The Immortals for $28. :)

my friend bailed out on a party that we had planned on going tomorrow, and of course i can't make it without a ride...needless to say i'm really pissed off about it, because when HIS car broke down when he wasn't working, who drove him around everywhere ALL THE TIME without being a little pussy bitch about it? this guy. ****, i never even asked for gas money (and he never donated). though i guess he has some bitch excuse, like he's gotta be back down to work at 0530 on monday. wah wah wah so much driving. give me a ****ing break, guy. i wouldn't be as pissed about it if he had just told me NO he wasnt wanting to go to this all you can eat and drink buffet that my friend invited us to (i asked him and he said 'yeah i wanna go') because my friend bought us tickets for it, expecting that we'd be there. i'm just so angry because that kind of reflects on me, but my friendship kinda is taking a dive with this guy, like plane crashing in the middle of the ocean. he's indecisive, he never follows through on ****, when i used to pick him up to go out, i'd call and let him know an hour in advance i'd get there and he'd still be getting ready. he procrastinates, he acts jealous at me because i dont have to work anymore, he gets mad that i don't have a car. also he still lives with his parents and is almost 30. (ed, no offense to you your situation is totally different) He had the opportunity to be roomates with me, and wouldn't have to drive a 60 mile round trip to and from work each day (i live 3 miles from where he works), he's pretty ****ing stupid and it really pisses me off. /end of rant

anyways i also stopped at rite aid today, and got buncha **** for my ankles/heel pain, i got dr scholl's orthopedic inserts, popped them in my shoes before the 2 mile walk home and there was a huuuuuuuuuge difference. no pain at all!!!! only thing i can see being a side effect however, is when i go running, the back of my ankle rubbing against the back of my shoe...uncomfortable but alot more comfortable than trying not to walk like a zombie!

i'm grateful for the 2 cashiers that helped me out getting me deals, the rite aid guy swiped his card to get me $9 off of my inserts, and the FYE guy found a better deal for me on the xmen collection. so overall today was a good day, besides my good friend pissing in my bowl of cheerios!

Got any interesting hobbies? Done anything amazing?

Yeah, I've got my pipe organ lessons going, and the rest of my music stuff, playing and writing. I've got running. I just went skiing for the first time, and I'd like to do more of that, though it may have to wait until the weather gets cold again.

Amazing? Well, I work on a major software product that owns a couple of major markets. I've done some good travelling. I played violin with the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra. I did some consulting on a major motion picture. My Beethoven forum is one of the oldest and most popular classical music communities on the Internet. I don't know if any of that is amazing, but it's what I love.

Cracken, I'm sorry to hear that. :sad: You'll know what to do when your other half needs you. If she finds herself caring for her mom at home, there will be a lot for you to do.

Dating? I've been single for fourteen years, not counting *encounters* and the female I almost got hooked up with a few years ago. Waste of time, if you ask me. I've decided to get back into that only if some totally hot, smart and rich babe falls in love with me and has to have some rabbit...on my terms. :dozey: Chicks of this type form a line here:

*(Crickets chirp. Slowly.)*

Meanwhile, I had a great day sword collecting yesterday. I found a Knights of Pythias lion-head sword, a rare fraternal sword from around 1900, in a local antique mall for $125. This isn't mine, but this is what one looks like:

159201538_old-antique-lion-head-knights-of-pythias-sword-ur-fcb-.jpg

One sold on line recently for $625. :max: I can't gamble worth a damn, but if you want the best value for your sword-collecting money...send me in.

just ran dry on preworkout GNC's AMP Loaded N.O. V2....

gonna go pick up a tub or 2 of GAT after my workout today.

nothing that exciting going on today...took my dog out for a short walk, waiting for laundry to dry so i can get headed to the gym. it's cold out again. :( another plus about these dr scholl's inserts is i can throw them in my old pair of shoes, practically making them like new. after i hit up the gym, going to slurp a protein shake then going to walk 2 miles to GNC at the mall and pick up the GAT, not sure what i'll have for supper...thinking of grilling some chicken..

Another crap day at work...

This time there was no real reason for it. It just seemed like nobody from the band or the promoter cared the slightest bit about actually opening the doors on time, or starting the show an hour later than they agreed to on the contract.

It was an Indian Bollywood show. We were told it was a cultural thing to start late.

The angry audience didn't seem to get that memo...

ahahaha bollywood is the best. remembering my buddy showing me those overseas...fkn hilarious.

gnc didnt have the preworkout i wanted...so looked around for a bit and just got a random one...n-zero, got home and ordered GAT online. was planning on picking up 2 tubs of that anyway, now i get to try both and see which one works better.

That's a pretty good return on investment Zoomie!

You gonna sell it at all so you can buy more swords, or just get it cleaned up an add it to the aresenal?

My weapons collection is my own idiotic form of retirement savings. It will get sold about thirty years from now, at (I hope) substantial profit. Antiques go up in value, unlike new things which depreciate for decades before they become collectible. For example, a japanese WW2 bayonet was worth $20 when I started collecting in the 1980's...and now they cost about $100 in the same condition. In the future, who knows?

Here is my living room display, all antique military and fraternal swords (the new lion-head sword is the third from the left.) The japanese swords on the stand are all modern, and are just there as decoys for a stupid burgular...

Sword20collection_zps045904d8.jpg

Nice letter openers. :p

Anybody here know how for repair the ballast on a Lycian Super Arc spotlight?

I tapped it with a hammer a couple of times. Sprayed it with WD-40. Yelled obscenities at it for a good 20 minutes. Now I'm all out of ideas.

Today at work was far less "Bolly" than yesterday. That is not a bad thing...

Supposedly more snow here tomorrow and Wednesday. Blizzard conditions in some places, but probably not accumulating to an amount worthy of shutting anything down round here... but probably amounting to a total that makes walking and driving just miserable enough to want to punch a weather person in the soft and squishy bits. :dozey:

started taking the creatine-free preworkout, it's just not the same. :( but i'm gonna keep taking it anyway and see if i notice any difference once it's used up. haven't been drinking or craving a drink like i was before i started working out. (st patricks parade day doesnt count lol)

sick and tired of the cold weather. though at the same time i'm not looking forward to the humidity, and i'll need to get an AC unit hooked up in my room. humidity sucks.

just spent half an hour setting up a schedule to go to the gym that has the weights (the one i used to go to at 2 in the morning), im sure getting there won't be an issue, the issue gonna be when i'm trying to get back, WILL THE BUS STOP FOR ME? i'll find out tomorrow! if the gym isn't busy during the early afternoon, i'll definitely be making it a routine to get there twice a week in addition to the workout i'm doing down at planet fitness. one thing i found that i like at pf is the stationary sit-up platform, which i'm using to help me get a good score on the sit-up portion of the apft.

an army buddy of mine told me of this gym that is half a mile from where i go to school...so yeah screw the bus system. gonna go check this place out tomorrow, probably get a basic membership since all i want is to lift weights there.

wow my expectations of the place were blown away. also, gym membership is only $30/month with classes included. sweet. though i still have my planet fitness and anytime fitness memberships...pf is nice because it's 24/hours, anytime is nice because it is 24/hours+has alot of weight lifting equipment, however isn't worth it since i don't have a way to get there other than walking 7.5 miles one way unless i take the bus, but that would be pointless considering the other gym is much closer (2.5 miles, bus can take me there). now i can get my lift on. planet fitness is nice cause it's only 1 mile away, and the bus doesn't come here on the weekends and i can imagine that new gym im going to would be pretty full on weekends considering it has alot of weight machines, so i'll just do cardio on those days at planet fitness.

Work was blah. Not my best mix ever... but it did the job.

I think a cute girl was kinda flirting with me on the train platform... But it took me by such surprise I that spent a few minutes thinking "Wait... she isn't... is she?" while she got on a train and left.

I'm so very very slick. :rolleyes:

Still... if she was, that's the most reaction I've gotten from a female of the species in almost 2 years.

But... kinda sucks knowing that there's a pretty good chance that I'll never ever see her again, and I might very well have blown a golden opportunity frozen with my bafflement when I couldn't understand why a girl kept looking at me and smiling.

Archived