Home

The One Year Thread 2014: Main Street Electrical Parade Through The Dark Side

edlib

Ed, too often they already have someone and just flirt to keep in practice and watch guys melt.

or at least say they have someone to make you cry and show how much power they have over us

But when you do get a chance to meet and have a date with a cute girl, it is such a confidence booster you start looking where you never thought you had a chance.

Spent a lot of time with girls looking at me like they just found me stuck to the bottom of their shoes

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol yesterday i had an interesting expeirence at the coffee shop by the bus stop...i was in line waiting for a gyro/coffee and this chick cuts in front of me asking for more sugar in her coffee, the guy is like 'i put like 12 in it, that's not enough?' i lmao at her, then waited for my gyro, once i got my food i was gonna sit down, but no seats so i just said 'guess i'll be eating outside today!' and she offered a seat at her table, so i was like 'yolo!' and sat down, asked her how her coffee was, still bad. lol then she got on the phone and was talking to her friend about court, and that she's gonna test hot and is going to jail in 2 weeks anyway....sooo that was interesting, but she was nice to me! i can only attract the crazies!!!!!

anyway, got up at 530 this morning thanks to my dog for waking me up 15 minutes before my alarm, to my benefit though...got all ready for the gym, it's windy as **** out (20-25mph winds), but no sand mixed in, so it's not THAT BAD. :rolleyes: made it to the gym, got a good chest workout in followed by 10 minutes on the precor elliptical, got a water and walked 2 miles back home.

now the day can begin! preworkout i'm taking sucks, hopefully GAT is better, if not i'm moving back to the stuff with the creatine.

Ed, too often they already have someone and just flirt to keep in practice and watch guys melt.

or at least say they have someone to make you cry and show how much power they have over us

But when you do get a chance to meet and have a date with a cute girl, it is such a confidence booster you start looking where you never thought you had a chance.

Spent a lot of time with girls looking at me like they just found me stuck to the bottom of their shoes

Well, yeah... I have spent on average about 2 hours a day, 5 or 6 days a week, since 1993 riding the subway... and on any given trip I see about a dozen attractive women, and the amount of flirtation episodes that have happened in all that time could be cataloged with the fingers of one hand, with several left over. So it's not a common occurrence for me. When it has happened, I enjoyed it, but never gave it a lot of thought. Except the times when it was a guy flirting with me... Then my thought was: "Errr.... What?"

But normally, when someone notices me at all, it's the "unpleasant matter on the bottom of a brand new pair of very expensive shoes" look I get too.

But yesterday she walked past me originally, and I glanced up from my phone, and for a second I thought I recognized her as someone I used to work with, so we made eye contact. After a second or two I realized she wasn't and she went past, down the platform. Then she walked past me again, going back the other way, close enough to brush against me. She stopped just in front of me for a moment, then looked back at me over her shoulder with a little half smile.

She moved around the platform for a minute or two, making sure that she was somewhere I could see her, and occasionally looking back at me. It was at that moment it started to dawn on me that she was really trying to get my attention. It was also at that moment that a train pulled in... but it wasn't my train, but apparently hers.

End of that story.

Well, it works that way in the movies and on TV... But so far I've never had that "eyes meeting across a crowded room" moment in real life, though I've heard of other people managing to turn that into a thing.

Every time I think about it happening on the train though, I think of the Seinfeld episode where that happens to George, and it ends up with him tied to the bed in a hotel room while she steals all his stuff, and it kills the dream immediately.

heh, how else can people meet...im sure this one girl in my class is flirting with me, idk what to think of it, i'm done even trying they gotta just start showing more flirtation towards me #1 i don't want kids, so that's a deal-breaker for 90% of the girls i like. i could wait forever for this one girl i'm kind of friendzoned with, she doesn't want kids, but she wants a millionaire, justin timberlake fangirl type. so probably wouldn't work with her. i'm just gonna fill up my time at the gym instead of facebook/dating websites that get me nowhere with girls. maybe i'll meet a nice girl at the gym, who knows...i go to 2 gyms so my chances of that happening are increased, right? lol

worst part about 2 a day workouts is having to do laundry more often than i'd like. oh well!

I'm not sure what I could have said to break the ice anyway... Without sounding desperate, awkward, or totally creepy, or most likely, some unholy combo of all 3.

"So I notice you're waiting for a train... Me too!"

"Ride this line often?"

"Subways in Boston, huh? How about that?"

Yeah... It would have fallen apart the second I opened my mouth. Unless she was totally into Star Wars, guitar music, video games, all the geeky movies, books and shows I consume, or auto racing, I'm pretty sure the conversation would have died immediately after an opening line, even if I had one to use.

Maybe... But this is the big city. Approach a woman the wrong way as a stranger, get pepper spray right in the eyes. :dozey:

Anyway, that whole encounter took less than 3 minutes.

Maybe a far more extroverted guy than myself could have made the moves in that amount of time, but I'm not that guy.

Anyway, I ride the same train route everyday, at usually the same time. There are a number of familiar faces I see every week.

It's not impossible that our paths might cross again.

And if she really is single and looking around the area, I might see her online. Since she resembles someone I used to know, I'm pretty sure I could recognize her again.

well good luck if you do...i get 3s and 4s on them but they don't even want to meet up for coffee, and drop me after a week worth of messages. i know a handful of girls that are single, but they just aren't interested in a guy like me. it's probably because i am a nice guy, well i can't just change something i was brought up as, nor will i. i try to show respect to everyone, maybe a little more to girls that i like. i wish i had a mature relationship with my sister, she'd probably be able to tell me what kind of girl i should go for. my parents aren't really any help at all when it comes to relationship advice, considering they never dated anybody else. so i kinda put some of the blame for me being single onto them. plus being homeschooled from 7-12 grade didn't help with social skills at all. (other than online stuff lol)

I don't exactly have high hopes... but I have to do SOMETHING to shake things up in my world somehow this year,... or else this rut I'm in will become far too deep to ever climb back out of, then I'll just have to resign myself to "waiting around to die" status.

I'm not ready for that yet.

only places i go to outside of the bar (which i'm pretty much done with that crap) i can find to meet women are college (18-22, so i'm way older than them so that makes that part a no go) and the gym, and the times i go to gym are when kids are at school, so at least i know if there's cute women around they're generally within my age bracket, though i find it easier to talk to girls while they are doing a job, such as the check-in girls at the gyms i go to, or girls i see that are working at stores. i think once my muscles get larger and i don't look "fat"-especially on my face, i'll have much better luck. also need to stop hanging out with people that make me annoyed, or at least spend less time with them, make them beg me to go out cause i'm done trying to talk them into doing anything fun with me when they just **** all over my plans of fun.

Zoom Rabbit's tips for sexcess:

1. Tastefully applied cologne. Something that says, 'I'm on my way to the office,' not 'desperate to dance.'

2. Show money. Twenties are okay, but only if you're leaving a tip.

3. Be mysterious. Don't volunteer too much information; make them get it out of you.

4. Dress casual, but with a nice jacket. Or a nice hat. Wearing a nice hat to a party will definitely get you laid. :D

AND FINALLY, after you have lured in the target with these tactics...

5. Tell her she reminds you of your ex-girlfriend, but give her your phone number. Be snarky and make fun of her, but throw in some half-assed flirting. If she's a keeper, she will call you the next day.

:dozey: I'm such a pig. Only kidding, though.

trying to add music onto my iphone...spotify is a data hog apparently. :rolleyes:

anyway it's go time at the gym, arms! woop woop, 2 miles walk there, 2 miles back...last time i weighed myself was about a month ago, so who knows if i'm even losing any weight, all i know is that i'm feeling better and not as depressed as i was before working out. though the preworkout mix i'm taking may have alot to do with that! :)

got a good workout in today, felt it, went to muscle fail on machine curls. finally found a scale there, and i got on it with clothes, shoes, hoodie, i weighed 210, so i weigh approximately 205, which is great because i weighed 215 a few weeks ago. hoping to be down to 170 by july. idk, maybe too much to ask from my body, but i think it's possible.

(Motorboat? I was thinking Arleigh Burke class destroyer.)

Let us not judge the poor lady. I'm sure she has a big heart, which is why Nute will quit his job working for the Snowden consortium in their interdimensional wireless tapping division just in order to be with her in 2029. They both move to Singapore so she can pursue her dream of training manatee soldiers for the chinese navy, and she begins putting on the pounds to increase her neutral bouyancy. Her inner beauty is revealed in the free harbor rides she gives the local third world war orphans, eight of which she can safely ferry out to sea on her back.

Nute, meanwhile, invents the first self-aware AI program by retro-engineering his old gameboy, now an antique, and hard-wiring it into the local microwave tower.

The whole cheesecake she is eating here is considered a 'cookie,' and she has five of them for dessert.

Archived