Home

The One Year Thread 2014: Main Street Electrical Parade Through The Dark Side

edlib

it would be raining this morning. oh well, i'm going to the gym anyway even if i get wet on the way there! besides, i just took my preworkout. can't let it go to waste. had a good workout, got 5 sets in, debated taking the bus home when i saw it started raining some more, said **** it and walked home, ran the last 2 blocks, feeling great. i would've been regretful had i stayed in bed. it's nice being able to feel muscles again. hopefully my tub of GAT comes in this week..

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Changed my avatar for the first time EVER.

It's a close-up of my short sword Sutingu (*Sting* in japanese.) I tied the handle myself with parachute cord. Here's a picture of the whole thing; the blade came in the wooden shira-saya mountings on the bottom, and I adapted the other modern fittings to the antique blade. Painted scabbard, re-tied handle and discarded leftover chinese blade, etc.

Sutingu20with20shira-saya_zps1b99a692.jpg

*(Nods)* My skills are complete...

Actually, Ed is currently my guide to the lucasforums community on facebook. I know who he is, and Redwing...but I haven't figured out who the rest of you are, yet. ;)

I am so totally lost on facebook. I tried to add a couple photos to my album today and wound up posting them. So I added a comment, but I have no idea where it wound up getting posted...

Gah. I will keep at it, though.

I saw your comment on one of Ike's (G.G.) statuses about his move.

It's easy to fumble around on the Fabk at first.

Or every time they change the entire layout and way everything works... Which only occurs a couple of times a year on average.

I'll try to make a comprehensive list of who goes with what XWA call sign. I actually get confused myself sometimes...

Weird Facebook connection I made today:

I friended a guy today, who (unknown to me at the time I added him) turned out to be a lead designer at Lucasarts for The Force Unleashed 1 and 2, and a couple of other games of that era. Funny how these connection work...

We were both mourning the news that David Trampier, one of the early D&D artists recently passed away. We had shared a couple files of scans of his before as well.

If you don't know DAT's work, he did the old school Player's Handbook cover, and a comic called Wormy, which was told from the perspective of what kind of life the monsters live when the heroes aren't around trying to kill them and take their stuff. It was amazing work in the pre-PC-graphics tablet age. A good representative comic: https://sites.google.com/site/wormycollected/Home/dragon-issue-70

I used the title character (the dragon) as an avatar here for a while... many many moons ago.

Anyway, Facebook can sometimes be for a bit more than cat videos. Those though are pretty great...

Zoom, I got the request and thought that was you, but wasn't sure. I actually don't have too many of the LF people on my FB. Most of my online friends there are from either IRC, Yahoo Chat (which no longer is a "thing"), or the bowling forums.

Yes, I was probably easy to spot on FB, Zoom...I'm wearing my Storm logo jersey (Storm is a company that makes bowling balls...high performance ones.).

EDIT: OK, some friends from the old online squadrons, too, along w/ my local FanForce (many of whom I've also met face-to-face).

my gat came in the mail today. :) waiting on dominos to deliver my pizza, coke, and cheesy bread then im gonna watch Xmen and then redo my paper on ibuprofen (APA format) been feeling like **** all day, remembering why i don't go out bar hopping anymore.

glad you're safe, did you get any good pictures?

Well, i got some of good pictures from my friends in Sevastopol (Crimea). Locals there took hunting shotguns and pieces of steel armature, assaulting Ukrainian military bases, arms depots and ships of half-dead Ukrainian navy. In fact Ukrainian soldiers joined locals assaulting themselves, tearing apart Ukrainian flags apart and putting up Russian flags. That was a nice show, i watching CNN and FOX News crazy hysteria about it and can't stop to laugh. But in fact the show is only begins, because of NATO "secretly" re-dislocated lot of PMC's enforcers to Ukraine for support of those new "government", while whole Eastern and Southern parts (Malorossiya and Novorossiya) of Ukraine lives for that day when they will be able to separate from Ukraine and join Russia back. People says that those "Blackwater guys" can be very nice source of "human bodies spare parts", reminding each other that Geneva's Convent does not spread on mercenaries. Degree of inadequate became critical everywhere, and that's the fun.

What about me... i was on short military examinations, in first day of it being absolutely ensure that real war will start soon. But after 3 days of doing nothing in barracks i understood that there will be no war because of we have no opponent to fight. Ukrainian army in fact does not exist, and when those new "Maydan government" proclaimed total mobilization to "respond on Russian aggression", then no one reservist arrived. NO ONE!!! Bwahahahaaaa!!! Say NO to idiots! In fact war between Russia and Ukraine mean war of Russians against Russians. And then those "Maydan government" took weapon to their neo-nazi morons, who immediately used it for robbery and mayhems between themselves, lol. So now those "opposition" now started to fight against itself, and that's lol too. And i'm spent two weeks in one of Siberian airbases, mad with idleness and playing War Thunder. In last couple of days we finally found what to do, starting to repair Yak-12 light airplane, old like crap of dinosaur (in fact most of troubles were with engine of the plane). But when we said that we want to take off on it, then airbase commander started to panic and kicked us back home. It's Russia, mate! Even laws pf physics does not works correctly here.

I will show you some photos a little later.

It's been a sleepy, lazy kinda day. My only day off, and the weather is foul. So... spend it catching up on the sleep I'm gonna lose the rest of the week.

Especially Tuesday. I have jury duty on Tuesday. 8 am. But I'm going to have to spend an hour in traffic to get there.

Why does the world insist on doing things in the morning? I have to work the night before... Which means, I'll get a couple hours sleep at most... but knowing I rarely sleep well on a night when I know I have to get up crazy early (for me) I probably won't actually sleep at all.

Then go and decide someone's fate.

Seems like a good plan... :dozey:

Yes, I was probably easy to spot on FB, Zoom...I'm wearing my Storm logo jersey (Storm is a company that makes bowling balls...high performance ones.).

I spotted you right away. :cowboy: It was immediately apparent that you could outbowl me!

Actually, I think I can spot K Kinnison and Ray Jones from their names. And I've figured out who Cracken is. :indif: I am having a hard time on the site, though...there's something about it that gives my computer a bad case of constipation. Every time I've gone there, it's crashed my browser!

:dozey: Undoubtedly the NSA is loading my computer with pernicious spyware...

aa-surveillance-state-homeland-security-means-no-privacy3.jpg

Law Snoll, nice to meet you. :) I do believe that you are the first russian soldier I've met on lucasforums.

If you are using Firefox, install the AdBlock Plus and Flash Block and/or No Script add-ons.

They can take super-media heavy pages and clean them up so they load faster and more stable... though you have extra clicks when you really do want to look at an embedded Youtube vid.

If you are using Chrome, I think there are a few settings that can pretty much do the same thing natively, though I'll have to look that up.

If you are using IE... may God have mercy on your soul. :dozey:

:joy:

Yeah, I have to call tomorrow night to see if I really do have to report. Then, if I do, there's no guarantee I won't drive all the way there, only to be dismissed.

But if I don't have to do it, I'll probably still take the day off from work to get stuff done. Today was a washout.

Archived