Home

The One Year Thread 2014: Main Street Electrical Parade Through The Dark Side

edlib

I'm starting to think I'm a charm when I run brackets, b/c I've run them twice on Monday night this season, including last night, and there's been a 300 game in the league both times (and let's not forget I was running them for that 600 doubles game, either).

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is me practicing a couple of pieces I like to use during Lent. These are two chorale preludes by the famous blind organist and Bach expert Helmut Walcha.

The first is “Du großer Schmerzensmann.” The cantus firmus is played in a two-part canon at the fifth in the right hand. The left hand plays a highly chromatic line that well expresses the pain of the subject. The pedal plays a pulsing bass that gives it an ominous feel.

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

The second is “Herliebster Jesu, was hast du verbrochen.” The cantus firmus is played by the right hand while the left hand and pedal combine to form an ostinato that accompanies it throughout.

i wish i could read music. do you need to read music to play guitar?

speaking of Guitars, what's a price range to look at for just a beginner one (that would be fun to just play by myself with my dog as the audience) i'd really like to because then i'd be the only one in my circle of friends that has one and plays...not an electric guitar either jsut an acoustic? idk lol HELP ME OUT HERE! :)

had a fit of rage with my door a bit ago...came back home cause i forgot my backpack on way to bus stop, well **** happened when i opened my door i had a box in the way so i was like hm lets use door to crunch the box well the door frame got all ****ed and it's like 1 million degrees in my room and lots of f bombs were dropped and my dog is in his cage bitching to get out and im yelling at him then i calm down and fix the door. WITH A KNIFE.

just hope i can get in and out easily. i can see today getting better once i get to school.

Dood, you need to relax. :) If you fart, you'll break the chair!

*(Sends a team of skilled geishas with warm sake to Rogue15's house with instructions to 'satisfy the round-eyed one')*

I destroyed the aluminum door to a motor home once. Bitch wouldn't open for me. After that I had to use the passenger or driver's door up front... *(Drinks)*

i wish i could read music. do you need to read music to play guitar?
No... because if that were so there would have been like 3 bands in the entire history of Rock & Roll. Though learning to read music doesn't hurt in any case, it's really not necessary for guitar these days. Go up on Youtube, and type in the name of any song you want to learn + "Guitar", and chances are, there's someone giving an online lesson.

speaking of Guitars, what's a price range to look at for just a beginner one (that would be fun to just play by myself with my dog as the audience) i'd really like to because then i'd be the only one in my circle of friends that has one and plays...not an electric guitar either jsut an acoustic? idk lol HELP ME OUT HERE! :)
You should be able to get something playable and halfway decent in the $300-$600 range new... maybe cheaper (and probably higher-quality) if you buy used.

Feeling better generally... though I had a brutal day at work. Like the universe decided to hold me down and let everybody in it get a shot at kicking and stomping my nads in steel toed boots kinda day.

This is me practicing a couple of pieces I like to use during Lent. These are two chorale preludes by the famous blind organist and Bach expert Helmut Walcha.

The first is “Du großer Schmerzensmann.” The cantus firmus is played in a two-part canon at the fifth in the right hand. The left hand plays a highly chromatic line that well expresses the pain of the subject. The pedal plays a pulsing bass that gives it an ominous feel.

The second is “Herliebster Jesu, was hast du verbrochen.” The cantus firmus is played by the right hand while the left hand and pedal combine to form an ostinato that accompanies it throughout.

Nice!

Looks like a lot to have to concentrate on. And a lot of scary German words.

;)

I got a new job today! :)

I'm going to start work friday at a little privately owned restaurant. The next couple of weeks will be crazy as I finish out my last two weeks at Shari's and work at the new place (Marigold's) when I can. This place makes everything from scratch, and I'm encouraged to make my own soups and specials...unlike that dead, frozen and pre-packaged crap the corporate ratmothers seem to favor.

Law Snoll, I am saddened by the news on teevee today. :( Do be careful over there.

i'll be getting a job sometime next spring after i get that paper that says im smart cause i know how to take multiple choice tests and type papers. lmfao. thinking of security job part time just enough to cover my rent and feed me...leaving plenty of time for going to the gym, and possibly going to work at a prison as a corrections officer since it's the easiest job for a guy like me to get right now and they pay pretty damn good, though i think i'd have more fun turning minors down at the local bars, checking IDs. i keep looking up security jobs.

my plan once i am finished this semester is to have fun and spend more time with my friends and family. life is treating me well this year, but it feels like i lost a year since i was in kuwait when i think oh what did i do last year, i try and think but i wasn't home lol i was overseas, it's an odd feeling, but i was much happier over there and i miss it every time i think about it even the ****ty days weren't that bad at all. i'd take that deployment again, not caring about the naysayers who say that 'oh combat deployment is a real deployment bla bla bla' we didn't lose anybody so that's what made it a good deployment the bonus was that it was more of a vacation but it got me cleared of debt, qualified for college money and extra benefits, so it was well worth it to me. looking forward to july and august this year. so excited.

skipping ethics class (not gonna be many students there for the teacher to teach anything anyway, tomorrow easter break starts) and going to the RAAAAAAAAAAAANGE!!!!!!! :)

might go pick up a guitar later today or this weekend...we'll see. :)

K Kinnison's dancing lizard and Rogue15's comment about going to the range go together, oddly enough. It's been a while since I've gone shooting. Perhaps I'll do so with my new co-workers to get to know them. Putting lead downrange is always a good bonding experience.

Congrats on the new gig!

Need an assistant?

I'm tired of my job this week.

Can you peel and dice onions, sautee prawns and mash potatoes? You're hired. ;)

To celebrate my good fortune, I'm going to post some japanese punk rock sung by hot asian chicks in mini-skirts.

my friends decided to cancel at last minute, bs excuses as usual. but i did get to the music store in the mall and bought a pretty decent guitar for just under $200. I asked the guy (probably was the owner) which ones were good for beginners, i bought one of the best ones they had. fa2ca582e9428eedf2759883db8263d3_zpsace342d4.jpg

K Kinnison's dancing lizard and Rogue15's comment about going to the range go together, oddly enough. It's been a while since I've gone shooting. Perhaps I'll do so with my new co-workers to get to know them. Putting lead downrange is always a good bonding experience.

Can you peel and dice onions, sautee prawns and mash potatoes? You're hired. ;)

To celebrate my good fortune, I'm going to post some japanese punk rock sung by hot asian chicks in mini-skirts.

I know I can mash the **** outta some taters, lemmetellyouwhat!

Onions... probly... Prawns? Ew.

That's a Loooooooooong song for a punk band. No self-respecting punk group should do anything longer than 2 minutes 30... AT MOST!

That's venturing into prog-rock territory at 5 mins. (Unless there are different songs in there... not knowing the language the lyrics are in, I find it difficult to tell.)

But yeah, cute Asian girls, who can actually play. I can get behind that. :joy:

And as far as other inexplicable things found on Youtube:

this is fun...using the learning vids on youtube lol my dog hates it wondering wtf im doing

however, i'm finding it to be VERY relaxing and soothing even though im just ****ing around with the strings and learning how to place my fingers on the handle thingy.

Does anybody play the game "Rust"? it's a new MMO that's on steam, it's in its alpha phase right now, but for $20 it's worth it. pretty fun game too!

Archived