Home

The One Year Thread 2014: Main Street Electrical Parade Through The Dark Side

edlib

Rogue15

i was taught, it is better to drink water. if you're out in the cold for long you will get frost bit or suffer a cold weather injury if you're buzzed or drunk you don't really feel the temperature, plus alcohol will dehydrate you.

Oh, it is actually whole science how to survive on frost when you have no way to find a warm place at any moment. First thing that we must to remember is that on frost indirect body's water loses are minimal (for example it almost stop sweating). But there is another side: our body understand low temperature as form of extremal situation and starts to accelerate process of metabolism, especially about water of body, so be ready to very fast work of kidneys (in practice it means that you will need to urinate more often than in normal situation).

If you have no of drinks or have no possibility to make it, then just accept this lack of liquid in your body, it is not critical on frost. A little dehydrated condition of body on a strong frost is normal, it is not too hard to wait until you reach warm place. But if you have a time to prepare yourself to frost, then take green tea with you (not those crap in bags, you need normal natural green tea). Long time of practice shows that green tea are ideal option. In Russian army we use some sort of "hot mixture" of green tea, boiled with rose berries. The secret is in the fact that green tea being very easily digested and not being "dropped away" too fast. And funny moment of it is in that absolutely same "mixture" being used when it is very hot weather. Side effect of green tea with rose berries is in that you will start to lose weight rapidly drinking it (in army i saw guys who lost about 5-6 kilogram of weight in week drinking it). It is Ok for "home grown" ladies who suffers about lard under their skin, but if you are big brutal guy who lives and work on frost, it might be dangerous. So please, eat fat food every time you can.

If you have no of green tea, then find a way to boil water. Of cause, in frost most of water is sterile so you can drink it without boiling, but it is dangerous. Your organism uses lot of calories to keep your body warm, and drinking cold water you chill your body. So common hot water can help a lot too. And another one moment: never drink coffee of frost! During World War II thousands of German soldiers who fought in Russia paid with their lives for this mistake. Coffee constricts blood vessels, it is mortally dangerous on frost. Once victim feels euphoria, then wants to sleep, and then freezes to death. General rule is: do everything to keep your blood vessels dilated and your blood as liquid as possible. Do not eat sugar (it causes thickening of blood), if you want something sweet, then better eat honey, it is cheaper and more healthy.

Well, it is basics about drinks... damn, i performed a whole lecture... But there's also lot to be said about food, about how to transform common clothes and simple things around into clothes for frost, how to make warm shelter in taiga and arctic and lot of other things. As i said before - it is whole survival science.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
idk where im gonna go with this, odds are i'll end up back with her.

No. A thousand times no!

Law Snoll:

Thanks for the offer of advice. It was indeed a record low temperature here yesterday. But you would no doubt consider it balmy :) All I had to do was throw on a light jacket when I went outside. This ain't no Siberian winter, I'll tell you that.

P.S. Pfff... alcohol is crap that makes your mind dirty. Keep your mind clean. Always.
I haven't had a drink since 1999... And my mind is dirty ALL the time. REALLY dirty. Filthy, in fact. :naughty:

Though probably not in the way you meant it... :dozey:

It's cold here, but not unbearable. But I'm not working outside anyways...

Law snoll must not have heat where he lives.

I usually do my drinking in the comfort of my home with the heat on, or even turning on the gas fireplace. Maybe even snuggling with my wife underneath a warm blanket.

Drinking helps pass the time where I don't want to be out in the cold

if she stays on the medication and behaves like a normal person, why not? it's not like i have any other options besides remaining single the rest of my life.
Dude... there's currently 7.1 billion people on this planet. If you consider that at least half are female, even factoring in the ones too young, too old, too entangled in relationships, and too far away, that should still leave thousands if not millions that are elegible around you if you put forth the effort. You should have some other options.

Listen... I suck at dealing with women, and I always have... and have spent far more of my life single that I'd ever wanted to... but I haven't totally given up hope. You need to be more patient and keep trying.

But going back to a situation that you already know is rife with trouble just because is there and easy and available seems like asking for a disaster.

Thanks guys you're all right and ed thanks for clarifying for me :/ just tough this time of year for me and with freaking saying singkes awareness day approaching..im gonna attempt to move out to virginia with my friends once i get my associates, if that don't work.....active duty? idk. it's hard to meet decent girls, all the ones i meet are decent girls that just wanna just friendzone me, im sick of that ****. but honestly, i should be mad because in truth i do not want to have children or a mortgage.

Yeah it sucks...

But here's an idea... maybe you should use it to your advantage: just buy a bunch of V-Day cards, put a picture, your number and/or dating website ID in them, and just hand them out to every woman you meet that day that strikes your fancy. Maybe something will come of it, maybe not... but you throw yourself out there in a big way and you can't say you were hanging around moping about all day. At worst, you get a laugh out of approaching a bunch of attractive total strangers and going: "Here, I want you to have this!"

yeah, ed, i don't know...the women in this area are shady as hell, they're 420 friendly, only go after scumbags, won't give a guy like me a chance no matter what i do, i can practically read minds and the ones i ask out that turn me down in a lying manner think i'm creepy, at least that's the vibe i get from them. when i'm not. i've tried dating websites but get 0 hits or views which is basically telling me that my appearance isn't in the least bit attractive, and there's not much i can do about my face. i'm a nice guy but girls that say they want a nice guy are all liars. i'm fed up with being lied to and taken for a fool, it's time i just say **** it and stop looking because attractive girls don't go for guys like me and ugly girls, same deal. you'd think i'd have all these beautiful women chasing me cause im in the military, well that never happened. i'll probably be single for the rest of my life, can't say forever because i wasn't always single! at least i have that going for me. that one chick with the kids messaged me the other day, i deleted the messages i want nothing to do with that..lol if only i could find someone that is just like me and understands me, but the odds of that happening in my lifetime are in the negatives. lol whatever...feeling down and ****. wishing things would work out for me, considering talking to a therapist as soon as my tricare gets activated...doubt that'll be of any help but i guess it cannot hurt.

kind of dreading going back to college. last days of my 20s......****.

but things are looking up for me this year as far as "accomplishing ****" as average people would put it. me, all i see is a ****ing piece of paper that does nobody any good. lol i just don't know, i don't want to be tied down to a job, rent, mortgage, car payments, bills...i just wanna live and have fun. forever.

alog going on today lol...

getting lunch at sheetz (pretzel roll turkey sub ftw)

uc paid out today :joy:

getting a haircut

walking my dog

doing laundry

SWTOR!!!

cant wait til this weekend is over. going to Dave and Buster's on the 26th for my birthday with my friends. trying to get my sister to come out with me but the chances of that happening are next to nothing cause she doesn't like to spend any time with her brother... :(

Cracken. one trick that works real well with warming up a cold car.

Hot air popcorn popper... that is if you have a nearby outlet and extension car.

40 watt light bulb and a blanket works also.

Regardless, if a battery is older then 5 years you should think about replacing it.

reforming RID guild on SWTOR. happy. drill weekend...gotta go get my hair cut..it's been 4 weeks since my last cut. also i've had Archangel for 4 weeks today! :) He's such a good dog, glad i don't have to potty train him. he does pull on the leash though, even with a choke collar...not sure what to do about that, guess walk him longer?

anybody interested in joining me on SWTOR? I'm on The Harbinger server, willing to switch over to one of my lower level characters and go through the quests and help out with heroics. :)

Got rid of the now-defunct link in my signature, but kept the helmet art image...I kind of grew attached to it. I may link Red Squadron again in the future, just am not sure how I want to do it right now (but, then again, w/ the spambots roaming all over the web, I may not want to).

EDIT: On a related note, I may not have mentioned it here, but, with X-Wing turning 20 last year, so did Red Squadron, b/c the original online Red Squadron was formed on CompuServe not long after the game's release, and the CompuServe squadrons all migrated to the web once people had WWW access.

It's warm here today... but dark, rainy, bleak, and crazy windy otherwise. I couldn't open the screen door earlier because of the wind... then it flew out of my hands and slammed into the railing.

I can't figure this winter out...

lone survivor was awesome!!!

sick of winter...i'll probably do horrid on pt test tomorrow, lack of training...and i mostly train outside when it's not below 50 degrees. :) guess i'll change that up for apft round two and knock it out of the park and show everyone up, weekend warrior style....:rolleyes:

Damn, what a story...

My friend who is in USA now was attacked by two policemen. He walked on street, and suddenly police car stopped near of him. Two policemen jumped from the car, aimed guns on him and started to shout "get down, hands up" or something like this, i don't know. My friend understood that it was some kind of mistake, so he decided to don't even argue or resist and stopped, laying his briefcase on asphalt, moving hands up. Then one of policemen punched my friend in face, knocking him to the ground, and then both policemen started to kick him. Then one of policemen used some sort of electro shocker, my friend was handcuffed and delivered to police station. No explanation were taken what exactly happened. My friend spent 3 days in police cell block and then was released. Police just said that "it was mistake, you look pretty similar to crime who wanted to be captured". When my friend asked police to show him photo of these crime, then they punched him again, kicking him on street. His briefcase disappeared, they did not returned it, while there were his important business docs, notebook and bank cards. My friend then called to Russian council, so they started to investigate the matter, but said that it is "almost hopeless because of even residents of the United States are powerless before the police, such of thing can happen right to anybody here". Also Russian council said that my friend was even lucky because of he is citizen of Russia, maybe police decided not to deal with problems that can be caused by illegal detention of a foreigner. My friend was outraged, saying that he needed just to shot both of those "pork soup guys" with their own weapon, good, it is not difficult. Actually i think it was better just to "switch them off" without using a firearm, murdering of a policeman, even if he is insane, are unforgivable in the USA (1. Guy with a gun always right. 2 If guy with gun are not right, then go to 1). Anyway, now my friend trying to get his docs and property back.

Hey, guys, i just want to ask... is it really normal in the USA?

No... that's not how cops are supposed to behave. Something very wrong there.

I finally saw The Hobbit, part 2. It wasn't bad, once I stopped thinking about it as anything related to what Tolkien wrote. They turned a fun kids story into a dark epic action adventure movie. Which is fine... though I'd still like to see a seriously true-to-source live action take on the story as written someday.

Archived