Home

The One Year Thread 2014: Main Street Electrical Parade Through The Dark Side

edlib

Well, the race is done. It wasn't too bad, but dang was I tired at the end of it. They gave me free beer afterward, so that was pretty good. They had a live band going too. The singer was nothing special, and the drummer and keyboardist were OK, but the guitar and bass players were really good, I thought.

My results:

There were 236 finishers in the Male 30 to 34 age group and 4048 finishers in the Run Division.

Your overall finish place was 234, your age group finish place was 39 and your gender finish place was 195. Your time was 1:15:52.23 giving you an overall pace of 7:35 per mile.

Your 5 Mile split time was 37:28.73, Giving you a pace of 7:30 per mile, Overall place 289, Gender place 235

Your Finish split time was 38:23.50, Giving you a pace of 7:41 per mile, Overall place 187, Gender place 161

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that's a really good pace, keyan! i need to work out and get a good score on my next pt test. i almost had the run, i took C4 extreme and it helped me take 4 minutes off my run (from a 22 minute 2 mile down to an 18 minute 2 mile) at the end though since i drank about 4 bottles of water it all came up and i ended up running right through my vomit laughing as it splashed off my shirt.

Thanks. Luckily the weather was very cooperative. Not too hot or humid. But dang, that last mile and a half or so. It was all uphill, a 250 ft rise in elevation. I almost slowed down to walk some of it, but somehow I pushed through. I'm betting most of that extra Finish split time was in that last mile or so. Brutal.

at the end though since i drank about 4 bottles of water it all came up and i ended up running right through my vomit laughing as it splashed off my shirt.

I will never be able to erase this image from my memory.

Nice run. I wish I was athletically motivated. I sure wasn't today. Today I was useless and hopeless. A hot mess.

Went over a friend's house for a cookout and a hang. It was almost too much activity.

Oh... and I found a lady for Zoom...

it's nice being home again....gonna get checked at the VA hospital soon to see if i can get some counseling for my anxiety, need to vent to someone that's a professional at handling crazy psychotic thoughts, i'll probably let too much out...going to have my team leader go with me since he's been though the process himself, i dont care if he's there as i vent to the shrink, it might actually work to my benefit so he understands why i am the way i am. i'm not suicidal, but sometimes i just think life is pointless when you can't feel anything but stress, resentment, guilt, and disappointment.

btw driving the bradley was fun as hell!

Damn, R15...wish I knew how to make things better. Hang tough, buddy.

Kenyan, they gave you free beer after the run? That's cool. I will suggest that to my boss for after a busy shift.

Speaking of the new job. Got a dollar raise already, and I'm working the dinner side of the line at night now. I get to do the dinner specials and cook the sautée dishes.

I found a lady for Zoom...

:max: She's hot. Wonder how she feels about Japanese sword types...

(Edit: my I-pad autocorrected Keyan's name as Kenyan, but it amuses me to leave it as is. Your name is now 'Kenyan.') ;)

Heh.

Well... you can be sure his marathon results would be a wee bit better if that were the case. :dozey:

Zoom: Your opening line to her could be "Hey lady, I have a long sword to add to your collection, but mine is slightly curved..." :naughty:

Kenyan, they gave you free beer after the run? That's cool. I will suggest that to my boss for after a busy shift.

(Edit: my I-pad autocorrected Keyan's name as Kenyan, but it amuses me to leave it as is. Your name is now 'Kenyan.') ;)

LOL

Yep, 2 free beers for all (of age) racers. There were like 5000 people in the race total, so that's a lot of suds. I usually don't care much for beer, but I have to admit it tasted pretty good after 10 hard miles, a bottle of water, and some cool-down time. It also occurred to me that this was a rare occasion where it wasn't totally shameful to be drinking at 9:00 in the morning.

I feel kinda terrible today. Like I'm fighting off a viral infection or something. Every joint in my body aches and my head is spinning.

Blah... It's a perfect day for outdoor time too... but I think I'm gonna have to go lay down again.

:(

I feel kinda terrible today. Like I'm fighting off a viral infection or something. Every joint in my body aches and my head is spinning.

Blah... It's a perfect day for outdoor time too... but I think I'm gonna have to go lay down again.

I prescribe a brisk run, followed by two nine am beers. ;)

The foxy sword chick would have to be approached carefully, as she appears quite dangerous. It is worth noting that European martial artists and the eastern variety often don't get along...because we have better swords, and our traditions are more dignified. She would have to accept this in order to bed the rabbit.

I have questions about Kenyan's picture. That thing on the top of his head; is it a cigar, a stick of cinnamon, or is it a tampon? What's up with that?

long day today...hung out with my girlfriend (same girl i was unsure of, decided to say screw it and date her) took her out for pizza, a movie, and coffee. we saw a thousand ways to die in the west...pretty lame movie though there was some really funny parts in it.

came home after that and played about 3 hours of Homefront, i bought this game a couple months ago and finally starting to play it. really cool game, i didnt know it was written by the same people that wrote apocalypse now and red dawn. :)

afterwards we went and got some groceries and she cooked mac n cheese for me. :)

i decided what i'm going to do this week...alot of working out and doing my private investigation online course, followed by video games, and hanging out with the girlfriend.

after i finish the online course i'll be looking for a part time job til i get my associates degree....

More bad news out of Florida...

Last week they moved my stepmother out of rehab back into the hospital due to her getting pneumonia again. Then over the weekend they moved her into ICU.

Today they moved her into Hospice Care.

Looks like I'm heading back down there very soon, much sooner than I anticipated and under circumstances I'd rather not be going under.

decided after all to dump said girlfriend. overly-attached, fb statusing like crazy tagging me in everything, blowing up my phone, basically annoying me-not on purpose though...I need to get my **** together this summer and get a girl that i can have time for and that won't be overly attached like that.

at least i can kind of see where my previous ex was coming from now...

allready said on FB. But to add with the issues i had wife my mothers final decline, you can be assured I know what your are going through, and I wish you and your family peace in this difficult time.

I still have no idea what I am going to when my Dad starts circling the drain of life. Thankfully with him being a Vietnam vet the VFW will take care of the funeral.

Went through it with my stepdad, and dread the next time it happens. :( Sorry to hear about that, Ed. Seems like you should get more time to recover before going back into the grinder.

R15, you need a robot girlfriend.* :dozey: This is 2014, you know. You should be able to build one with parts off the shelf by now...

;)

*(Without wi-fi or internet access, obviously. They must never find their way here.)

yeah i could get a fleshlight...meh i just feel like i should focus on my physical fitness and myself and just not worry about looking for another girl.

3 hour workout today did me in pretty good...leg/abs after i worked arms for a good 20 minutes intervals before that...lots of walking. chafing on the insides of my thighs is not fun at all.

deciding when to give my VA hospital a call...i need a mental health evaluation and counseling...not that i'm crazy or anything, i just need some direction/advice from the professionals...glad that i have free healthcare for the next 5 years thanks to being deployed. :)

I spent the day prepping for an inevitable trip back to Florida. Haircut. Laundry. Even started packing a bag. I still have to find my dress clothes and make sure they all still fit me. Hopefully they're clean too... I'll have to check it out in the morning, and drop it off at the dry cleaner's if not for a rush job.

I'm hoping to make it through until Sunday... but we'll see. I haven't heard anything new today. I called down there and they said she was resting peacefully. I guess that's good.

intervals are the best, cracken...30 seconds of sprinting 60 seconds of walking repeat for either time or distance...i've been doing 2 miles of that, it's good for when you do go on longer runs, you'll be a little faster...and not in as much pain.

Archived