Home

The One Year Thread 2014: Main Street Electrical Parade Through The Dark Side

edlib

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lifted for 30 minutes, it was a nice workout, chest and arms. :) took trash out, cleaned up dog ****, threw out piss bottles, washed some dishes, doing some laundry...sweating my balls off cause of humidity. heat is one thing, humidity is what i absolutely hate. sweating for no reason is annoying.

that's because me and ed be posting like we gettin paid per post! ;)

pretty hungover, so this day is going to be just great...going to the VA hospital then if i have time i'm going to my college and verifying some things.

If that rifle was made after the war, this bayonet of mine would fit it. ;)

110414-0824_zps89403f35.jpg

An M1A1 rifle (not mine; web photo rip off.) The M1 looked similar, without the bayonet lug. Both rifles used .30 Carbine ammunition.

1288258970.jpg

That be the one. There was one that looked very similar that I thought was an M1, but it was WWII Japanese infantry... their version of the M1.

Home again...whew.

Now I have to find room in this tiny house to store over 40 guitars and amps.

I have no idea what I'm going to do...

The trailer is completely empty, and we are working on getting it and the cars sold ASAP.

What a job and a half that was...

And the hatch? I forgot that this was Florida... basically a reclaimed swamp. Remember that scene from Temple of Doom with the floor moving with all the bugs? It was that... with a smell of mildew and mold to knock you on your ass. Very little came out of there that didn't go straight onto the dump truck. It was all a loss for the most part, whatever was down there.

Dad isn't doing great. Very confused, and looking more physically frail every day. Something tells me I might not be done with funerals in Florida this summer. :(

I saw it happen with my mom's parents. After my grandmother died, my grandfather, who was a pretty robust guy for his age and taking care of her everyday, wasted away immediately and was gone in a couple of months after her.

It would be tragic. But his dementia is so deep at the moment he really doesn't feel like my dad anymore, so perhaps it would also be a blessing to him. If he doesn't get clearer, we are going to have to put him in a nursing home, and that's something he would hate with a passion if he could express it.

So I don't know... I don't want to lose him, but in many ways, it's like I already have.

Yeah... and there were a couple of classics under there that I'll try to save... a Martin archtop that probably dates back to the 30's... and a "The Gibson" flattop from the same era.

The guitars weren't too bad... but the cases they were in were horrifying.

[sleazy-salesman voice] So Keyan... what's it going to take to pair you with a vintage guitar today? [/voice] :naughty:

Oh and inside the footlocker from the hatch? Hand grenade. :dozey:

The officer who took the guns and the random box of ammo and stuff just messaged me and said: "Funny story... So I had to call by buddies at the bomb squad..."

Sorry about that Ed. I hope everything with your dad turns out ok. May the Force be with him.

Parents dropped 300$USD on new glasses for me. Mine are being held togeather by some masking tape, and broke right before my birthday. So... that's a win.

Had some people over, played some boardgames. Kept everything low key, surprisingly, because usually me and my old crew go out and have a bunch of drinks. Being poor kind of puts a damper on that.

30.... god.... I still don't know how I made it this far and not died.

well i talked to the shrink, it went rather well i guess. got on some anti-depressant called buproprion, probably going to have one last hurrah with some friends tonight before i start taking this drug and living a sober life so things get better for me.

Wow, Ed...that sucks about the hatch trove. I bet there were some old gems that got ruined down there.

Hand grenade? :D Dude, your dad is a cagey old bugger. No one was going to catch him unprepared. I'll bet that missing forty-five is under his pillow...

Crackers is 30? I always thought he was like 15 or something. *(Looks at his registration date, then the calendar.)* Oh. Never mind.

Finished my sheath for the second bayonet. Was going to go with red suede, but found a source of good leather at the motorcycle leathers shop. Which is why this looks the way it does:

020714-1258_zps39850e82.jpg

I'm pretty sure it was an inert souvenir, with lead replacing explosives... but when faced with finding it at the bottom of a box of live ammo, they couldn't exactly take the chance that it wasn't.

But at least it was a cop who found and had to deal with it... instead of a new owner to the trailer stumbling onto that stash by accident and surprise.

Gotta try to clear room for guitars today... oh boy.

No idea where they're all going to fit.

lmfao@grenade....yeah a grenade keychain stopped a whole flight out of kuwait, got us pushed back a few days (wasn't the chalk i was flying out of thank god). they take that **** seriously anymore.

went out last night...had alot of beer and wings. and this morning woke up and started my medication...hopefully this **** works for me.

plan today is to relax and play Star Wars The Old Republic, it's double xp week so i'm trying to get my Juggernaut through his class quest and get him to level 55..

That's a nice looking sheath, Zoom. You can actually make things. That's cool. I cannot make things. Well, I cannot make non-virtual things.

Thanks. :) It's a biker's sword!

Perhaps I'll post a model or two when I have the time. My photo skills have improved to the point where I'm posting my scratch-built models at 'Starship Modelers.' Cool website, but you have to register to view pages, so...

Happy Independence Day!!!! 'Merica!

Going to a waterpark with some brothers in arms today...it's free for military personnel so that's awesome.

I think I'll be able to secure a girlfriend before this summer is over...the girl me and my friend hang out with. I'm trying at least, she's a really good match for me...almost too good. hopefully it works out for me.

Archived