Home

The One Year Thread 2014: Main Street Electrical Parade Through The Dark Side

edlib

Getting ready for a camping trip after next week.

I have a GoalZero 13 watt solar panel, with a "Shepra 50" 50Amh rechargeable battery and 100watt inverter. Should be have no problem charging my smartphone, MP3 player, and even powering a Traveling Cpap. Much better then lugging a couple deep cycle battery and 400 watt inverter. Reduces the weight i need to "Carry".

The campground has a unique Cart-in feature where you can haul gear to your primitive site without resorting to backpacking. SO i can set up in style in the remote wilderness.

Also will be bringing my Kayak and try my hand at fishing. But still will have enough food that I wont need to forage for it

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So.... spammers on Lucasforums? What is this blespheme!

Delt with it in the Rogue Squadron area, since I still rule that domain. Need someone else to tag the one here....

Also was informed my father's sister passed away. I never knew her, but I also don't know exactly how to tell Dad. It's complicated, but to put it in perspective, he didn't attend his own parents funeral for reasons.

So.... that's a thing. *sigh* With my Uncle Jay (My mom's brother) coming in this weekend... my sister and I have no idea how to tell Dad....

Jeez, Cracken, that sounds like a bad situation comedy...with no jokes. :( Good luck with that one!

Spammers here? I've been killing web-bots that pop up over at Monkey Island. They just leave them up and we generally make fun of their postings, which are usually incomprehensible anyway...

KK, what do I know about fishing, anyway? :max: I fish with a shotgun. Never do catch anything, but I have a lot of fun trying.

KK, what do I know about fishing, anyway? :max: I fish with a shotgun. Never do catch anything, but I have a lot of fun trying.

Nothing. I got book knowledge and that is about it. Rod/Reel, with a few lures. Frog, Spinner, Jigs and basic hook and bobbers.

The weather was pretty nice this morning and I felt like I had a great run, but I looked at my time when I finished, and it was abysmal! It was bad last week too, but nothing like this. I'm starting to suspect something might be wrong with my watch. There is no way I ran as slowly as it reported today. I will have to test it. TO THE SCIENCE ROOM!

i cut 17 seconds off my 2 mile this morning. i'm pretty sure if i was more hydrated (drank sodas and bottled lemonade yesterday) i'd cut a minute more off. down to 17 minutes and 43 seconds. that's 2 minutes and 43 seconds more than i want. using that mapmyfitness app helps with the pace, i walk a mile in 14 minutes...so i think if i run twice as fast as i walk, i could get my time down to 14 minutes. almost under 200 pounds.

waiting on freaking phone calls today for work. the call came in...i'm just waiting on the background check to complete then the job recruiter call me back to let me know when my first day of work is. I really can't ****ing wait.

I have to go to the college tomorrow and figure out what went wrong with my account...they're saying my courses aren't gonna work out or something...more stress to deal with, and i already paid $15 for the adding/drop fee i'm not paying them anymore. grrr

The weather was pretty nice this morning and I felt like I had a great run, but I looked at my time when I finished, and it was abysmal! It was bad last week too, but nothing like this. I'm starting to suspect something might be wrong with my watch. There is no way I ran as slowly as it reported today. I will have to test it. TO THE SCIENCE ROOM!

Oooh! :max: I want a science room...

Edit: New page. I get to make a wish now.

Oooh! :max: I want a science room...

Edit: New page. I get to make a wish now.

Well, the science room was my kitchen, and I'm guessing you probably have a better one than I do, what with your chef-ing and all. I compared my watch with the microwave timer, and it was right on. On my run this morning, it seemed to report what felt like the correct time. But I don't know. Yesterday it reported that I ran minutes slower than I ran today, and they felt about the same to me, and if anything I was more tired and the the weather was worse today. So I don't know if I trust it. And if a man can't trust his watch, what can he trust?

got signed up for work study program at my school...so i got that going for me. which is nice. I start in September. waiting on call back from Sams to see when i get to start that insanity. just hope my classes are easy this semester...last semester was really easy except for ethics which i managed to pass. i think this semester the forensic science and the abnormal psych classes will be the difficult ones. i think i'll do alright.

got 2 runs in today. the 2 mile with a buddy, so i didn't really go all out...and i did another run around the lake with my other buddy after he got out of work, was able to keep his pace til he couldn't go anymore. lol it's funny because i'm like dude, we should run this every day, but he's not about that life. :( i need a car so i can go out there myself every day. next week i'm going to push for 3 miles a day at the park, and every 2 weeks add another mile. going to do great on the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure 5k on September 20th. :)

Dad's back in the hospital. This is starting to feel like a yo-yo.

And I had a meeting about a show that I worked last week that I was miserable about then. Somebody was upset about something that happened then. Good thing we are reliving it all. :rolleyes:

I've never wanted a summer to be over the way I want this one to be.

Come to think of it... summers have sucked pretty hard for me for the last couple of years.

I think next year I'll skip it. Take a vacation as far south in the southern hemisphere I can find. Year round winter. Why not? :dozey:

I've never wanted a summer to be over the way I want this one to be.

Come to think of it... summers have sucked pretty hard for me for the last couple of years.

I think next year I'll skip it. Take a vacation as far south in the southern hemisphere I can find. Year round winter. Why not? :dozey:

Word.

Archived