Home

The One Year Thread 2014: Main Street Electrical Parade Through The Dark Side

edlib

that's probably illegal, ed. lol bring a ****in piss bottle next time. just like war!!! :joy:

15 miles altogether today. got 3 day drill starting tomorrow...then back to sams club...almost finished with the computer based learning so i can go out on the fails floor and perform some R15 magic. hoping i get the job at staples making over $10 an hour since i have experience in retail. that would make me happier i think. sucks that i can't do both jobs..

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I always imagined the mixing board like the bridge stations on the Enterprise. Like, when the guy at one of those stations had to go do something, there would be a second stringer who would immediately take over. And then it would explode, killing him instantly.
I did have to call somebody in to watch the board... twice.

But as many times as we have brought all this up about this one concert leader, nobody ever listens to us, and he keeps getting shows, and more shows every year, and longer and more complicated ones.

Apparently, he has no problem performing for 6-8 hours without a break or a meal... he thinks we should all suck it up and go along with him... except we are there 2 hours before him, and then for the hour or so of soundcheck, then the 5-ish hours of show, then an hour or two more to tear down. And for me, an hour each way to commute from home and back.

Two American's infected with Ebola are being flown back to Atlanta to receive treatment for their infections.

A lot of people on my facebook are freaking out, not realizing this is probably being done under super tight security and under CDC containment and isolation regulations, and once their in the facility in Atlanta... they won't see the light of day until their dead or recovered.

Likely dead though. :/

Projected year-end post count after July: 2,232

My apologies, but my forum time here has been sporadic. Seems every time I get a new computer, something in my routine with it changes, and the change this time is decidedly in favor of bowling stuff over Star Wars/videogaming stuff.

Speaking of, bowling updates...summer league team still in first by four points with three weeks left. Emergency board meeting tomorrow morning to likely deal with the stuff that didn't get done in my association manager's final days. And I have a tentative deal with a new tournament to run brackets for them; Ed, it may require trips into Cambridge and Malden.

Final bowling item, but one I'll keep hidden until tomorrow, likely...I plan to make an announcement on my blog then, but I'll throw a teaser up on Facebook while I'm at the board meeting. :)

Bailed out on the last day of camping.

Last night there was a outdoor party/concert/DJ across the lake even after a storm blew through. Was playing until midnight i was ready for bed at 10pm. Started out with either a bad singer who was trying to make it up with enthusiasm, or karaoke, doing 80s songs.. badly, then for the last half hour they switched to Top 10 songs of the last 5 years. I could hear everything clearly, including the bass.

My inflatable mattress had a slow leak. my solar charger was really only good for recharging my smart phone, only had enough power for a few hours for my CPAP. The paddle broke for my Kayak. A strong gust of wind broke 3 of my supports for my screened canopy (was able to jury rig a repair), ran out of bug spray, and about 4 of the 7 nights it rained right at supper time. So in all, a typical crappy camping trip

Tho i was able to read Like a mighty Army (Safehold) by David Weber. Kind of interesting to see a hidden human colony go from Galley's and Corn Gunpowder to Steam, ironclads, and Prismatic Gunpowder in 7 years.

Went to visit some friends I haven't seen in like 15 years after work today. They are moving to Texas for a year in a couple of weeks, so this was really the last chance to catch up in person for a while.

Work was meh.

Might try to catch up with another friend tomorrow. Squeeze all the summer out of the couple of weeks left, so I don't feel like I got totally hosed out of a summer again this year.

so tired...drill was boring this weekend. no pt test...so i get another month to work on a decent score. meh. i'm really tired...

ocean city on thursday.....can't ****ing wait. hopefully my feet aren't shot after the next 3 days from walking to and from work.

woke up early this morning...7:30. time to get **** done...going to call and get in the system for the civil service exam, do some PT, then go to work study for a couple hours, get on the bus home, walk my dog, get ready for my job at sams, and hopefully catch the bus there. hoping i can get a better part time job that's closer...that walk is not pleasant when it rains. :(

scheduled the correctional officer civil service test for wednesday. :) also applied for a job as a Meal transporter...i'm pretty sure i meet the qualifications for that job considering my driving experience in the military. looks like it's going to rain today...figures. might just stop going to work and just do the work study program. i don't know what i should do. maybe i'll stick it out for a bit...i don't want to burn bridges or anything. :( just ****ing blooooooooooows not having a car. kookie knows what i'm talking about. =\ hard to get a job without a car and hard to have a car without a job. shenanigans..

first day on work study wasn't bad at all. full time hours if i want them. think i'll stay here...if i had a car i'd be more enthusiastic about sams, the bus route doesn't always work out.

yeah i'd use a bike if there was a way to avoid the mile long 75 degree incline to there. feels like a death march walking there even though it's not far i hate that i sweat a bucket before i get there, not the best feeling in the world. so im calling it quits and staying on work study 40 hours a week. 4 hours a day at 9.25 an hour for 5 days a week= 185 a week = 300ish paycheck every 2 weeks cause of the taxes...work study is better for me, not as far, easy going people i work with, and none of this upselling useless garbage. 7.25 x 40 = 290, but the job is easy and i don't gotta worry about my "bitch feet". i feel shameful just quitting, but i didn't know i was going to get to start work study as soon as i got that job. so whatever...i'll probably get coaching for improvement if i go in on tuesday, i worked til 4 at the college, and i was supposed to work 5-9 tonight-doing cbls and training. idk, it just didnt feel right for me. guess i can just cut my losses, and save my feet for more important things like physical training.

Cat's formally out of the bag now...I'm now officially a member of the International Bowling Media Association, which is what used to be the Bowling Writers Association of America. I qualify b/c of my website/blog, but I've also been contributing occasional articles to a local bowling newspaper, which at least makes me feel like a legit bowling writer. :)

On a completely unrelated note, I landed a Boeing 747 on an aircraft carrier.

030814-2117_zps5273c7b9.jpg

Eh... It'd be a hell of a lot more impressive the other way round. After all... If they can truck the Space Shuttle around on the back of a 747, why not an aircraft carrier?

;P

We'll have to get GUNNER on that...

:joy:

landing on an aircraft carrier that is wider then a 747? not that impressive. taking off, now that is impressive. The Doolittle raid, THAT was impressive

landing a C97 on a 2800 foot runway, is impressive

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

(Dodgeville is about 40 miles west of Madison)

The Boeing 747 is 231 feet, 10 inches long.

The Nimitz class aircraft carrier is 1092 feet long.

As you can see, the Boeing takes up the forward launch deck. To get it there, I had to land on the fantail and swerve to starboard in order to get more runway; it took the entire deck to come to a stop. I also set down far enough to port that my wingtip missed the superstructure, and did little jiggy S-curves toward the end to slow down.

I am a starfighter pilot, you know. :max:

Here is the website if anyone else wants to try. I can tell you where the carrier is, too. ;)

landing on an aircraft carrier that is wider then a 747? not that impressive. taking off, now that is impressive. The Doolittle raid, THAT was impressive

landing a C97 on a 2800 foot runway, is impressive

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

(Dodgeville is about 40 miles west of Madison)

I have taken off again, too. :D The game is TOTALLY unrealistic, but fun.

Archived