Home

The One Year Thread 2014: Main Street Electrical Parade Through The Dark Side

edlib

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I now own yet another guitar...

I might seriously have a problem here...

I did ditch an amp tonight though... so that kinda almost makes up for it, right?

10649796_10152333980528461_1565482417667646722_n.jpg

I went to a party tonight. A lot of very cute girls there. I did nothing to help my chances with any of them...

Bring the guitar with you and play music. Chicks will surround you; then it's just a matter of waiting for the crowd to thin to the point where you think your libido can handle it...

:max: I have seen this technique work.

You don't have a problem, Ed. You have a collection. ;) When it gets bigger, you can throw in more weighty terms like 'connoisseur' or 'world class.' It might be harder for you to hang your collection up on the wall than me, but at least yours attracts chicks instead of creeping them out.

*(Looks at his world class sword collection on the wall.)*

*(Sighs.)*

*(Drinks.)*

It was given to me by a student who just graduated, and is moving from the area. It came gutted, without pickguard or pickups. The guard and PUs there are from my other Strat. I had all the electronics and plate replaced several years ago, and the guy who did the work handed me the old parts just like that.

All I have to do is solder the connections, and screw everything down, and restring it, do a setup, and it should be a playable instrument again.

It looks fancier than it is... it's a Chinese Squire "Bullet-Strat"... not a hugely expensive instrument to begin with.

The gig-bag he gave it to me is actually worth far more than the guitar. But my aunt has been bugging me for an electric guitar to give my little cousin to play now that she's taking lessons... but all the electrics I have are insanely heavy, incredibly old and valuable, or both.

This will be a good starter axe for her. I have a decent cheap little Hohner acoustic she can have as well.

This one doesn't look bad, but until I actually get it strung up, I'll never know.

There has to be some reason he gave it away for free...

Took a 2 hour walk in the forest this afternoon after getting my car worked on... again. Fortunately it was a quick, and cheapish job this time... but I really hope that's it for a long, long while.

Back to work tomorrow... and every day after that for as far as I can see. I think it's going to be a very, VERY long haul to the Holiday break this time.

so ****ing tired....drinking last night was fun, ended up crashing at my buddys place, then we went to an amusement park today, that was interesting very surprised i didnt throw up on any of the rides. tomorrow going to a party...planning on going paintballing next weekend. got an estimate for a tattoo, just waiting on some cash so i can go get it done. :)

got wasted yesterday. I got that out of my system and am done drinking for a while.

i start the fall semester on wednesday, but i'm supposed to go down there tomorrow morning to help man the veteran's club table for freshman orientation.

planning on going paintballing next sunday, going to plan on hiking or shooting on saturday.

probably going to step up my fitness routine as well, which means getting my ass out of bed between 4 and 4:30. the thing that sucks about that is i'll have to go to bed around 8-830pm so i'm well rested, but i know it will be worth it if i can stick to the routine monday-friday.

Ah... the XWA single hearts club starts to reform.

Bummer Cracken. :(

I've just started to poke around with the idea of putting together a dating site profile now that the "Summer of Crisis" seems to be winding down for me, and my life seems to be regaining normal levels of suck rather than epic levels of chaos.

I do so with the feelings of trepidation that I may just be opening myself up to an entirely new and heretofore unknown universe of pain and anguish when I do.

But I suppose I have to... because being single and sexless is still the pits... but none of the other ways people seem to meet and make romantic connections have ever chanced to work for me. At least not in any way that's ever left me feeling better about my existence in the end, anyhow... :dozey:

I've been on those dating sites for the last 5 years. Never had a single date come of it.

That's a fear. The idea that now I can only be rejected by a solitary woman in person every couple of months or so... but after I put my heart and soul online, I can then be rejected by millions simultaneously and publicly.

Also... the bigger fear is that up until now, I have failed to connect with anyone the slightest bit sane and normal... but the very few I have ended up attracting and becoming entangled with have all been totally bat**** crazy.

I'm sure I'll encounter hundreds of them online... and my guess is that if anyone goes for me in a big way online, it will be only those who can contribute more misery into my life.

I hope I'm wrong... but I'm not really going into this venture with high expectations that I'm going to have a great time out of it.

lol i only had 2 dates off that pof.com, all the other ones just ignore my messages or talk to me for a bit then vanish. the funny thing is, i had less dates as an "upgraded/subscribed" member than i did, so that's a plus. i guess. I've heard good things from the "Tinder" app for the smartphones, my buddy i go to drill with met his fiancee on there. never worked for me though, almost had 1 date off of it but she vanished.

i gotta go do this college thing, so maybe i'll meet a younger girl there.....the average age of the girls at my school is 18-23...i'd kind of rather date a younger girl anyway, less of a chance that she'll have "turned". lol

sad thing is, a lot of profiles on dating sites are inactive. That is why on eharmony any profile that was inactive for more then a month i pretty much ignored. A lot better for the Ego

Secondly, most of us I assume don't have a criminal record. You would be surprised that isn't the norm on most dating sites for guys.

if you go with the attitude "I am happy now, and I just want someone to share the happiness with" you will find things are a lot easier ,and rejection doesn't sting as much.

Archived