Home

The One Year Thread 2014: Main Street Electrical Parade Through The Dark Side

edlib

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a profile on 'Myspace' where women were hitting on me like crazy. I wasn't using it for dating, since I had plenty of three-dimensional human females in front of me at the time, but my message thingie got burned UP by a constant stream of women.

The reason? My status was 'single,' and I was petting a kitty in my lap in the profile photo.

:max: Kitty in your lap. Jolly good stuff--worth a try.

I've one-upped that by holding a HUMAN BABY in one of my pictures. Still no dice.

K_K is right, there are a lot of inactive profiles, and I never bother about those. What sucks is when you know they read your message or whatever, they look at your profile, and then they don't respond. But even that's not that bad. The suckiest thing is when you exchange a few messages, haven't really even gotten past the point of discussing your interests, what you do, etc., and then they just stop responding. It just leaves you thinking, "Wow, how did I manage to screw this up already?"

I mean, really, rejection by someone you don't even know who doesn't even know you doesn't really even sting. It's the cumulative effect of hundreds of such rejections over many years that get you thinking maybe you don't have as much to offer as you thought.

I had a profile on 'Myspace' where women were hitting on me like crazy. I wasn't using it for dating, since I had plenty of three-dimensional human females in front of me at the time, but my message thingie got burned UP by a constant stream of women.

The reason? My status was 'single,' and I was petting a kitty in my lap in the profile photo.

:max: Kitty in your lap. Jolly good stuff--worth a try.

I had a girl approach me from Myspace... I mean a REAL LIVE woman! (Not one of the infinite number of scammy Fembot profiles I heard from, out phishing for a live catch by sending highly enticing messages. I got one of those literally seconds after I signed up, and before I even had a profile photo up.)

You may remember (from one of these past threads) I actually met her and saw her a couple of times... but every warning alarm was going off in my head the entire time, and we kinda split ways before a 4th date, and before everything could go haywire on me.

She's gotten in touch a couple of times over the years to tell me how amazing her new relationship is. I'm pretty sure she was drunk when sending me those messages.

I'm pretty sure another bullet dodged... or I'd have probably had yet another "Bat**** Crazy Ex" story to tell.

But even that's not that bad. The suckiest thing is when you exchange a few messages, haven't really even gotten past the point of discussing your interests, what you do, etc., and then they just stop responding. It just leaves you thinking, "Wow, how did I manage to screw this up already?"

lmfao i had this happen to me like 6 times so far. so used to rejection that i have this vibe about me that im gonna fail even if i try.

went to the freshman orientation to man the veteran club table...talk about wanting to blow my ****ing head off. tomorrow's gonna be interesting. and that's the only thing keeping me going is 'does it get any worse?' and the response is always 'yes, yes it does.' lol **** it whatchyagondo..

Projected posts to thread at year end: 2,154

This is already turning into one of the busiest years I've had as a bowler, and I haven't started my winter league yet. I've been keeping an event calendar online, and the number of tournaments at my bowling alley in October and November is nothing to sneeze at. I believe I've already mentioned the state tournaments, too (seniors in Oct., open in the spring). And I may have something lined up for Thursday nights in addition to Monday nights.

had a decent first day of the semester.....so far i am liking all of the classes i have! tomorrow i only have 2 classes. I had to go rent some books and buy 1 book though, so that kind of sucks, less of a refund for me.

rest of the day just gonna relax til around 8 or 9 before i go to bed..trying to get myself to wake up at 4am so i can go to the gym and for a run even walk my dog before i start the day. planning on resuming work study next week once i'm used to my new schedule.

no interesting girls in any of my classes, we'll see what tomorrow is like. **** i might just start ****in around at college events just to make some more friends.

Where are they now of past girlfriends

Hot summer high school romance: Girl married, divorced, Did some gold digging, and found a guy in San Fran

A date where she just wanted sex, and was going to say and do anything for it, then dump me when I wanted a serious relationship: Still single, lots of medical issues, Twice as fat, and only redeeming quality is she is a gaming girl

Rosencrantz: Feelings were not mutual, i think she found a guy and moved to Iceland

Short romance where I was completely out of my league; Married the next guy on the Rebound, has 2 kids. Stay at home mom

SOmeone with a lot of similar interests nad things in common, also has money: Married me for my cooking and physical abilities

I think it went quite well for me. Who cares about the other ones

heh my past girlfriends

cougar: idk what happened to her

hot fiancee: went to cali, ended up back here, her parents bought her a house, still going bat**** crazy

recent one: turned into a lesbian

current girl i'm kind of chasing: too many guy friends, not sure if she's worth the chase considering i don't think she feels the same way...just gonna ignore her for a week and see what happens, bitches love that ****.

Most of the girls I've every been on dates with (at least the ones I've ever received updates about...) are now married with kids somewhere.

It all depends on how generous you are willing to be with the "girlfriend" definition (for example, if it's supposed to be someone I saw more than say 3 or 4 times...) but I doubt I could call more than 1 or 2 "ex-girlfriends." Most are someone I saw once or twice, and that was it.

My track record is spotty to say the least. Very few, very short-lived, and very, VERY far between.

Yay, me. :dozey::rolleyes:

Slow day, eh?

Ok then... I'll go. :dozey:

I unwittingly damaged my knee yesterday in the mad scramble to get a big band concert up and running in an impossible time window. I woke up in agony, and spent the day limping around.

Fun times. :rolleyes:

ME: -10F => 90F => -10F => 90F

rinse and repeat

just a typical day.

Electric bill, I hate you so god damn much. I HAVE NOT gotten used to 'this thing called summer'

I literally NEED to have the A/C on when I sleep. (as COLD as it gets)

what a ****ing day.....shouldn't have gone out to the bar. that'll be the last time...i'm not even drunk, just ****ing fed up with everyone.

traded titanfall, dead rising 3, and grand theft auto v for sniper elite 3. waiting for it to install gonna play for 10 minutes then pass the **** out and hope i die in my sleep.

Knee feels a little bit better today... but I've been keeping off it.

Working tonight though... so we'll see if that aggravates it again.

I'd like to get out for a walk tomorrow if possible... though I really should just stay home and take care of the thousands of chore around the house I've been putting off or downright ignoring.

I have guys coming over to work on the place next week, and they're going to need access to areas currently piled with guitars. That might sway my choices.

Plus: I ran out of my presentable clean laundry several days ago, and I've been wearing the absolute dregs of my wardrobe since... I really should take care of that.

well better day today. Sniper Elite 3 is crazy. playing on the authentic difficulty, not sure why i want to throw my controller through the screen after spending an hour getting through a base and getting killed have to restart from the beginning, on the other difficulties i guess there are check points, but i don't really want to blow through the game that fast. tried the multiplayer...not my style. i prefer call of duty's to that. battlefield is the best though..

Gave up on looking for my woman. :dozey: I started having a happy life without her, and discovered that every time I tried to get some female to be 'my woman,' she would phuck up the equation. I still believe she might come along, but she would have to fit into my happy life and NOT TRY TO CHANGE ME.

Meh. Meanwhile, the hotties at the bar are always there. :max: And emotionally disposable.

Been working real hard all week. Barbecued several pigs worth of ribs for the public, and made my famous 'campfire beans' to go along with it. Also flipped a grip of ten dollar cheeseburgers. On my days off, I think I'll reward myself by Browsing the local pawn shops and antique malls in search of German bayonets.

Instead of a bayonet, I found an old, exotic looking three panel screen from southeast Asia.

070914-1845_zps7c12a27a.jpg

The panels are batik. The first one features an elephant battle with classic weapons.

070914-1843_zps7a5a19f8.jpg

Middle panel: a freaky looking ship!

070914-1842_zps96412e56.jpg

The third panel features another elephant battle.

080914-1043002_zpsd8aece7f.jpg

$45 :)

Well, the girl of my dreams is now married. Worst day ever. It was a faint hope, but I couldn't help it - she was truly one in a million. Not that I've been hung up on her and not pursuing other girls. On the contrary, in the time I've known her I've probably been shot down by at least two dozen girls. Dammit I suck at life.

My first love, from high school, married a super nerdy looking gynecologist.

I laughed my ass off when I saw his picture on 'classmates.com.' ;) Really, I think she could have done better. Then again, she had decided as a teen that money would always be her priority in a man, one reason why we didn't work out...

decided to go hang out with that girl i really like....went hiking. idk i think i'll just stick around for a while, at least i'm happy being friends with her, and perhaps i'll move past the friend zone someday. i'm not saying she doesn't have flaws, everybody does...but i've known her for 2 years, and she's worth sticking around for, even if it's long enough til she finds someone else. lol then i can be miserable like keyan over here. i really hope that doesn't happen, but i have no luck finding a decent girl anywhere, in college they're all in their 18-22 range, the bar girls just want one night stands, and the ones in the military are whores (putting that lightly)...

i'm just gonna try to chill, do the ignore the phone thing and see if she chases me...i wish it was easier for me. but nothing good ever comes easy in my experience. :(

Archived